Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browns and Horton coing at us with the 3-4

Bookmark and Share

Browns and Horton coing at us with the 3-4

The Cleveland Browns tied for No. 11 in the NFL with 38 sacks in 2012. Linebacker D'Qwell Jackson wants and expects more in 2013.

"I watch all the top defenses," Jackson said Wednesday, the Akron Beacon Journal's Nate Ulrich reported. "Baltimore, Pittsburgh, they get after people, and that's what Ray (Horton) brings here. Baltimore has been highly successful with their cross-dog, sending the two inside linebackers on stunts, and we run a ton of it.

"It's going to be good to finally get after Baltimore and Pittsburgh and actually give them a little dose of their own medicine."

The Browns will run a multifaceted 3-4 scheme under new defensive coordinator Ray Horton. The goal is to put massive amounts of pressure on opposing quarterbacks. Jackson sounds giddy already.

"Thus far, I haven't been in a defense where it's an aggressive, attack-style defense," said Jackson, The Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot reported Wednesday. "I'm excited to see how I react to it, let alone the guys around me. It gives everyone a chance to be a playmaker from the strong safety to the outside linebackers. In this defense, he gives everyone an opportunity to either rush, cover or make big-play opportunities.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Kills me how teams that don't have an identity constantly look to us to copy ours.

Baltimore, Cleveland are the two teams that are the equivalent to the copy cat woman in the movie, " Single, White, Female"
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    We get after people? Since when?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    We get after people? Since when?
    When we had Dom Capers.

When you have a solid secondary and corners would can cover M2M, it allows the front 7 to get after people - hence the need for secondary help...

We had no pash rush last year. Hell I'd steer clear of trying to mimic our D! lol
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    We had no pash rush last year. Hell I'd steer clear of trying to mimic our D! lol
    If our team doesnt draft good, keep our good youth, speed up and play some hard hitting solid ball on offense and defense, we could be looking at 4th position in a year or two... what a bad feeling to think of having the Browns up on us...

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    If our team doesnt draft good, keep our good youth, speed up and play some hard hitting solid ball on offense and defense, we could be looking at 4th position in a year or two... what a bad feeling to think of having the Browns up on us...
    I'm trying to stay upbeat but it's hard, this team has done nothing to better itself so far. This draft is going to be huge, F it up and it's going to be a LONG year!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    You can thank Tomlin. Anyone who didn't see this team collapsing under this fool should have their head examined. He was only as good as Cowher's team.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by LASVEGASGUY View Post
    You can thank Tomlin. Anyone who didn't see this team collapsing under this fool should have their head examined. He was only as good as Cowher's team.
    What collapse was that? 8-8? What do you call the 1998-2003 stretch (3 LOSING seasons and 4 non-playoff seasons) under Cowher, then? Cowher's been gone for SEVEN FU CKING YEARS now. The "Cowher's team" bullshit is not only wrong, but it's beyond played at this point. Do yourself a favor and find a new schtick, or ****ing educate yourself for a change.
    Last edited by steelers75; 04-22-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Thread Information