Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Think any of this years draft cass will be full time starters by 3rd week.

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    In the 2014 draft, that should be the draft where we find Troy's starting replacement.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    In the 2014 draft, that should be the draft where we find Troy's starting replacement.
    Disagree. Defensive players sit for a good 2 years before they take on big roles. We need a Safety now to groom as his replacement (and don't forget that Clark is older than Troy, so we need another safety for that position.)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    By week 3 when Troy is on IR with a nagging calf we will miss Will Allen if we cannot fill needs this draft!
    We lost both Allen and Mundy this year. We definitely need at least 1 more safety. Maybe one high and one low in fact.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Disagree. Defensive players sit for a good 2 years before they take on big roles. We need a Safety now to groom as his replacement (and don't forget that Clark is older than Troy, so we need another safety for that position.)
    I get what you mean. But we can't go back to that " sit two years " stuff anymore. Lebeai has got to realize this type of thinking is not good enough anymore.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I get what you mean. But we can't go back to that " sit two years " stuff anymore. Lebeai has got to realize this type of thinking is not good enough anymore.
    I completely agree with your point. I feel strongly that guys learn more by doing than by watching. Put them in for 10-15 plays a game and let them see what goes on. Sure they will make mistakes, but that's how you learn.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Disagree. Defensive players sit for a good 2 years before they take on big roles. We need a Safety now to groom as his replacement (and don't forget that Clark is older than Troy, so we need asafety for that position.)
    I agree we need trots replacement this year. We need someone to team with Robert Golden. This draft is deep with Safeties in this and they can get a good one in rds 2-4. Don't want Vacarro in rd 1.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky#20 View Post
    I could see Eddie Lacey starting if he's drafted or Bell from Mi. State. Warmack or Cooper would start at OG. Also Jones or Mingo would probably start over Woirlds, even though it wouldn't matter because Woodley will be out with a hamstring.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    On Offense:

1. New starting WR - over who? Not Sanders or AB... Would like a Young guy who could contribute tho.
    2. New starting TE - yes, agree.
    3. New starting Guard - Foster can (and has already) shown he can be THE guy. But if one of the blue chippers are there we gotta snag him. Depth, obviously, is a huge issue.

On defense:

1. New starting NT - we do his name is mcclendon...
    2. New starting LB - we do his name is worilds...
    3. New starting CB - we do his name is Allen...

Saftey is the biggest pressing need on defense now. If we can grab someone day one or 2 he could contribute right away!
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    On Offense:

1. New starting WR - over who? Not Sanders or AB... Would like a Young guy who could contribute tho.
    2. New starting TE - yes, agree.
    3. New starting Guard - Foster can (and has already) shown he can be THE guy. But if one of the blue chippers are there we gotta snag him. Depth, obviously, is a huge issue.

On defense:

1. New starting NT - we do his name is mcclendon...
    2. New starting LB - we do his name is worilds...
    3. New starting CB - we do his name is Allen...

Saftey is the biggest pressing need on defense now. If we can grab someone day one or 2 he could contribute right away!
    What about the Lester kid (from Alalaba, I think). Could the Steelers nab him in round 3 or 4 as safety of the future.

Have we given up on Golden?

Thread Information