Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Think any of this years draft cass will be full time starters by 3rd week.

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    thats just not true and almost certainly wont happen unless the draft one of the guards high. Day one starters dont happen as rookies..pouncey did and decastro was slated to. Other than that they are going to be at most a solid rotational player..which is fine, this team isnt as bad as you want to make it sound
    And that is the problem. Linebacker ,runningback and cornerback are the three easiest positions that can come in as rookies and make an impact. And we have needs at all of those spots.

We have TOO many holes that if at least three of them are not plugged adequately, then this coming year is just a waste of all our fandom.

Like other posters have said before, we need atleast 3 new starters on both sides of the ball.

On Offense:

1. New starting WR
    2. New starting TE
    3. New starting Guard

On defense:

1. New starting NT
    2. New starting LB
    3. New starting CB

If this crap of drafting guys and letting them sit for 2-3 years keeps happening, then we are all wasting our time.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

K-Train

You may be right in that it may not be that serious. But, who knows how healthy the O-line will be this year? I mean the total devastation we keep having for the last 3 years is amazing to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    And that is the problem. Linebacker ,runningback and cornerback are the three easiest positions that can come in as rookies and make an impact. And we have needs at all of those spots.

We have TOO many holes that if at least three of them are not plugged adequately, then this coming year is just a waste of all our fandom.

Like other posters have said before, we need atleast 3 new starters on both sides of the ball.

On Offense:

1. New starting WR
    2. New starting TE
    3. New starting Guard

On defense:

1. New starting NT
    2. New starting LB
    3. New starting CB

If this crap of drafting guys and letting them sit for 2-3 years keeps happening, then we are all wasting our time.
    i think they need a new WR to get in the lineup, not really "start"

The need someone to back up foote and somone to backup worilds...but not really start, foote can still play. Adrian Robinson is one of my favorite players on the roster that gets overlooked...if worilds ****s up he and carter are the next guys up, but obviously it would be nice to get an impact backer early. I could really see them lookin at Corey Lemonier in the 2nd or 3rd

I think Paulsen can do fine, i wouldnt mind eifert, ertz, or escobar....but its not a definite need

Beachem can start at guard, obviously it would be nice to be able to plug in a cooper, warmack, fluker, pugh....ect

NT is fine

I think Cortez allen will be SIGNIFICANTLY better than keenan lewis, and its browns time to step up. And Gay is still an ok enough player

If we can get a rookie to start, great....but id like to find a rookie that can step in if we need them too or a guy who can be productive in a rotation (like woodley was in 07 in spelling haggans)

But can you count on Cortez Allen to be better? THAT"S the question.

Draft Pick
    I could see Eddie Lacey starting if he's drafted or Bell from Mi. State. Warmack or Cooper would start at OG. Also Jones or Mingo would probably start over Woirlds, even though it wouldn't matter because Woodley will be out with a hamstring.

i think we can, while still adding a CB/FS tweener in the draft just in case. But Gay has proven to be a solid starter in our scheme before, hes a favorite to hate on but hes been a productive contributor for us before, won games for us before (lost a few too), and has shown hes a very good tackler. Hes better in the NB role, but the plan is to let cortez go after the #2 CB and let gay and brown play nickel and dime

Veteran
    Barring injury, I don't see anyone becoming a full time starter by week 3. I do see them getting snaps and making a contribution though.

They better cause Gay in this depleted secondary scares the **** out of me!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    They better cause Gay in this depleted secondary scares the **** out of me!
    That's what I'm saying too. I don't trust Gay. I want the big CB like Rhodes. But hey....I know we can't have everything. Atleast not this year anyway.

Boy..this is one year where I'd really like to have another first round pick like the Vikings have. No doubt the Vikings will add a WR with one of those picks. Might be where Hunter ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    That's what I'm saying too. I don't trust Gay. I want the big CB like Rhodes. But hey....I know we can't have everything. Atleast not this year anyway.

Boy..this is one year where I'd really like to have another first round pick like the Vikings have. No doubt the Vikings will add a WR with one of those picks. Might be where Hunter ends up.
    By week 3 when Troy is on IR with a nagging calf we will miss Will Allen if we cannot fill needs this draft!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information