Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: At # 17, What 3 players do you consider acceptable?

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    More like the next Limas Sweed
    LOL I actually think he will be the next Mike Wallace, amazing speed, poor route runner, questionable hands, but with the ability to make a great play once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    The Steelers dropped the ball. They couldve given him 10-11 mil a year last year but instead paid Antonio Brown what they were offering Wallace. Wallace played it right and, even with a somewhat down year, got a **** ton more money than he would've gotten here. I have no problem with his "holdout" (in quotes because he was technically a free agent without a contract), and the James Harrison situation is exactly why. People will bash holdouts saying to "abide by their contract" or "honor" the contract they signed (even though Mike Wallace played out his and was not under contract), but the organization doesn't do it. When they don't think you're worth it anymore they just tear it up and dump you. The same people that bash Wallace for his "holdout" bash Harrison for not taking a paycut. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Mike Wallace will always be a favorite of mine. Again, the James Harrison situation is exactly why I don't understand all the hate Wallace received.

I get your point about Wallace, and he had every right to holdout; however, when he did, the Steelers knew right then and there he was not gonna be resigned. That's just how the Steelers roll. It is frustrating to us fans, but it is the way they conduct business.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    I get your point about Wallace, and he had every right to holdout; however, when he did, the Steelers knew right then and there he was not gonna be resigned. That's just how the Steelers roll. It is frustrating to us fans, but it is the way they conduct business.
    No argument here.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    So....
    Since Colbert knew this, then why not deal him away and get something instead of letting him walk and we receive practically nothing? That is what frustrates us as far as Colbert is concerned.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information