Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: At # 17, What 3 players do you consider acceptable?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Just because someone doesn't speak with perfect kings english doesn't make them "stupid".

"Football Stupid" is when you go to the chalk board and can't recognize the defense that's in front of you or you don't know the proper route to run on a specific play.

There are people all across this country which have a "mid-west accent" a "bostonian accent" or broken english depending if you were raised in an impovered community..........but it doesn't make you stupid. LOL.

You are hilarious K.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

We are in a terrible position this year. We have more holes then at anytime in the last 8 years. And.........we have a GM who isn't very good in the later rounds. So........with good fortune, our top three selections will be starter (if we are lucky).

And you want to use one of our precious top three picks on a guy who has been labeled "stupid"?????? I could see if we had a more savy GM then maybe I'd be willing to gamble but we have dumb *** (I only know the missionary position) Colbert.

We can't afford to miss with the # 17 pick..NOT THIS YEAR! Give me a guy like J.Jones who we know will start and plug a serious need for us.

I want Ben to have more weapons too. Trust me. After the first round pick, I'd love to address the other side of the ball with the next 3 out of four draft picks. But we can't afford to miss. And we have a WR in Patterson who has been labeled for weeks now(not just recently) as stupid and can't read defenses. NO OTHER FIRST ROUND WR HAS CAME OUT RECENTLY AND BEEN LABELED LIKE THAT! Big red flag.

But as a Steeler fan, I'll support whoever they pick. But Patterson is a risk. If Colbert takes Patterson, I'm assuming he's done his homework on him. Because if Patterson becomes a bust, I will lead a campaign unprecedented in trying to get Colbert fired!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Just because someone doesn't speak with perfect kings english doesn't make them "stupid".

"Football Stupid" is when you go to the chalk board and can't recognize the defense that's in front of you or you don't know the proper route to run on a specific play.

There are people all across this country which have a "mid-west accent" a "bostonian accent" or broken english depending if you were raised in an impovered community..........but it doesn't make you stupid. LOL.

You are hilarious K.
    Im telling you, hes stupid..its not the accent, its not just the way he speaks...its his lack of education, as it is with most of the guys i mentioned, they have been pampered athletes their whole lives...academics not exactly at the top of the list of priorities. Theres different levels and theres exceptions but all the guys i mentioned are very dumb people when it comes to society. Tebow is just as dumb as Rob Gronkowski, but Tebow praises the good lord while Gronk parties like a madman...its the same with guys like dez, thomas, patterson, p. peterson, mo. claiborne....great football players, and for the most part nice guys (dez with a little immaturity but nothing too too bad) but that doesnt take away the fact that they are not very well educated, high school and college were just a road to the pros

And i dont know how you know how patterson is on a chalk board...must be reading through more tweets as your main source of info.....you are hilarious RDS

Old Tennessee coach Derek Dooley told NFL.com's Gil Brandt that WR Cordarrelle Patterson "can be a head coach's delight."
    Dooley's background is as a receivers coach and he now oversees the Cowboys' wideouts. His comment suggests Patterson isn't the headcase detractors have suggested he'll be at the next level. Patterson needs to learn to run routes with more explosion and confidence, but he may be the most talented offensive skill player in the draft. Brandt ranks Patterson as his No. 8 overall prospect.
    And Butch Jones said he was sad to see him go, patterson was like the most coveted JUCO transfer to the SEC weve ever seen....but go ahead and believe the smoke screens

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Real Deal really any player in the draft is a risk......There have been many players pegged to be a superstar only to bust......

im not saying hes not a risk, im not saying hes a slam dunk, jones isnt a slam dunk either...theres plenty of question marks surropunding him, but im still a HUGE fan....but from what ive seen, both patterson and jones are plenty good enough to use 17 on. This is a year where there are very few guys that would upset me at 17...im fairly sure ill be ok with the pick. Theres a few exceptions, but not many like there usually are

We can't afford to miss with our first three picks. That's all I know. Not this year.

If Colbert takes Patterson, then as a Steeler fan, I'll support Patterson 100 percent. But if Patterson bust, with all the red flags he's shown, I'll lead a campaign to get Colbert out of there like it's nobody's business.

Linebacker and RB are the easiest two positions in football that can come in and make an impact. That's why I like Jones and Moore.

I dont mind moore....hes a bit scary with his workouts (and theres a scary figure out there about sacks in the SEC not translating to the pros like you might think) but i was never a fan of his as a top 5 pick, in the 15-32 range theres value there.

Best shot at landing Patterson/Jones (1a 1b for me assuming star and jordan are gone) is a QB (or two...if Ponder, Tannehill and locker were top 12 guys then theres no reason Geno, barkley, or Manuel cant be) and a guard going before 17

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    can somebody make a case for me for Patterson? In 4 of his games last year he had 2 or less catches and in one he had 3 but only 25 yards. I dont follow college football and I know there are more than stats, but I am not sure a guy who disappears like that is worth the 17th pick. Then you add the fact that his own QB said he didnt understand the offense. Those are two big red flags in my mind. So, someone please, in all sincerity, enlighten me and I dont need that he is 6'3" and fast. I know that part.
    Does he have the size, speed and explosiveness? Yes. After that people are enamoured with that word potential. In reality, he doesnt run good routes. He isnt physical enough for his size and doesnt have much experience with jump balls. He catches the ball with his body too much. Not an effective blocker. Dont be fooled with his 219 yards vs Troy of all teams (1 TD). He wasnt the best WR on his team. He wasnt the go to guy on his team either. He did disappear often during games. If he was a steeler he would not beat out Sanders. He'd realisticly be hard pressed to beat out Plax or Jericho this season. Will take time to develop.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    We can't afford to miss with our first three picks. That's all I know. Not this year.
    You're 100% correct on that Real Deal....This draft has to be a homerun........The first three picks all must become starters oneday and really they have to hit on a few of those late round guys to at least become role players one day.....

But really every player in this draft has question marks surrounding them not just Patterson......

Thread Information