Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: At # 17, What 3 players do you consider acceptable?

Bookmark and Share
    his worse games were losses against mississippi state and georgia, but those were also justin hunters worse games. I did not see those games in full but they were both losses and they were both very ineffective, which makes me think that Bray was given a fit up front. Tennessees running game and offensive line was not very good

Also, its not a game of stats with patterson its all about how his skills translate to the NFL...he had 8 TDs playing 1 year of D-1 football, 5 REC, and 3 Rushing. Theres no doubt hes raw, but theres also no questioning his ability in the open field and ability to make plays in the redzone early in his career. Is he going to have 100 catches and run crisp routes? no. Will he be a guy that can score 5-8 TDs as a rookie? Probably...in the right systen (and haleys would be oh so right for him) he could be a double digit TD guy without even registering a start. Realisitcally he wouldnt "start" for us, but he would see the field and be able tun slants/go/screens very effectively and get the dez bryant treatment as a rookie.

Really haley wants the WRs to run short, intermeidate routes and ben to get the ball out quickly, but after his reads if he doesnt throw it the idea is to get the ball down field...this is not a giants or patriots offense with a complex route tree, pattersons open field vision, size, and frame is what haley needs to work with.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Let someone else have Patterson. He's a project player. Stupid, doesn't run good routes, that's a recipe for bust to me. We can't afford to gamble on a stupid player at # 17. I don't care what his physical gifts are.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Let someone else have Patterson. He's a project player. Stupid, doesn't run good routes, that's a recipe for bust to me. We can't afford to gamble on a stupid player at # 17. I don't care what his physical gifts are.
    the list of stupid WRs that dont run good routes gos on and on and on and on...people seem to love to put that knock on him because they have nothing else

I hope hes a steeler so bad, I wouldnt mind allen or hunter though (preferably hunter)

Also wouldnt mind trading a 6th rounder for baldwinning

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    the list of stupid WRs that dont run good routes gos on and on and on and on...
    Oh really? Name some? And..name the last "stupid" WR taken in the first round?

From Rotoworld.com:

Cosell: Justin Hunter draft's most gifted WR

NFL Films guru Greg Cosell calls Tennessee WR Justin Hunter the "most physically talented wide receiver" in this year's draft class.
    Cosell believes Hunter's fluidity, vertical speed and "playmaking ability at the catch point" make him the most explosive route runner in a class that includes college teammate Cordarrelle Patterson and West Virginia's Tavon Austin. Cosell acknowledges Hunter committed too many "easy drops" in the SEC, but is convinced his "acceleration and vertical explosion" will impact games in the NFL. Hunter is No. 61 on Josh Norris' big board.

screw Patterson.

Screw Patterson.

Oh really? Name some? And..name the last "stupid" WR taken in the first round?
    Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas. Horrible route runners (Thomas never ran anything more than a 9 route at GT, now hes a top 5 WR)

Oh and Julio Jones and AJ Green have about the combined intelligence of an 8 year old....green was considered a safe pick by most but julio was a FAR cry from being a safe pick back then, theres a lot of hindsight when discussing julio jones and how he was viewed by a lot of people

Thomas is a perfect example though...when in the mid first, terrible route runner, dumb as a rock...but stud WR. Both thomas and patterson had 46 catches and 8 TDs in their last year in college, thomas averaged about 10 more per catch though because he was only asked to run 25 yards down the field in the triple option
    Last edited by K Train; 04-17-2013 at 10:37 AM.

From Rotoworld.com:

Cosell: Justin Hunter draft's most gifted WR

NFL Films guru Greg Cosell calls Tennessee WR Justin Hunter the "most physically talented wide receiver" in this year's draft class.
    Cosell believes Hunter's fluidity, vertical speed and "playmaking ability at the catch point" make him the most explosive route runner in a class that includes college teammate Cordarrelle Patterson and West Virginia's Tavon Austin. Cosell acknowledges Hunter committed too many "easy drops" in the SEC, but is convinced his "acceleration and vertical explosion" will impact games in the NFL. Hunter is No. 61 on Josh Norris' big board.

screw Patterson.
    you'll listen to anyone who has anything bad to say about patterson lol....hunter is my #2 WR, but his "explosion" isnt what its being made out here...he is a bit slow off the snap and does have some drops. And it seemed that if the play wasnt designed for him he'd lose interest, especially in the run game

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    you'll listen to anyone who has anything bad to say about patterson lol...
    And you'll listen to the minority supporting Patterson. Because it is in the minority big time now. So a guy who watches film FOR A LIVING doesn't know what he's talking about???? LOL

You are hilarious K. You just have a man crush on Patterson. Plain and simple.

For the record, Dez Bryant was NEVER known as being stupid. Troubled? Yes.
    And neither was A.J. Green. None of these WR you named came to the draft with the label "stupid". You are making up stuff...which proves my point on why I'd stay away from Patterson.

And you'll listen to the minority supporting Patterson. Because it is in the minority big time now. So a guy who watches film FOR A LIVING doesn't know what he's talking about???? LOL

You are hilarious K. You just have a man crush on Patterson. Plain and simple.

For the record, Dez Bryant was NEVER known as being stupid. Troubled? Yes.
    And neither was A.J. Green. None of these WR you named came to the draft with the label "stupid". You are making up stuff...which proves my point on why I'd stay away from Patterson.
    what??? Have you ever heard dez bryant speak even once? jesus hes so dumb...look up the clip about him not carrying roy williams pads his rookie year and tell me he can put a full thought together.

AJ green had one of the lowest wonderlic test scored by a WR ever...

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-bl...mean-anything/

I dont think wonderlic really means anything at all, but to say his intelligence has never been questioned is you making things up, not me.

Its the "minority" talking about patterson as a top 10 pick (funny how this happens with 8 days to go until the draft...every year), but im taking about a mid first round pick which is EXACTLY where his value is....i do not think hunter would be a bad pick there either, i just think you are reaching so hard for reason to not like patterson..go google "cordarelle patterson cons" a little more and post whatever you can find to justify your opinion when its clearly you who have not watched the game film

Thread Information