Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 90

Thread: Cordarrelle Paterson dropping out of the 1st round

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    6,822
    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    This is his last real shot. This is a contract year. If he doesn't get less lazy now, he never will. He could very well put up a big season. And even if he does, I stay away from signing him to any big deal, because once he gets a decent size deal, he will most likely resort to his super lazy ways. But draft a guy to develop and gradually give playing time, while squeezing some good play from JD. I very much like Bell in this draft but would be OK with Ball as well.
    You like Bell? I wasn't aware...

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,363
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    This is his last real shot. This is a contract year. If he doesn't get less lazy now, he never will. He could very well put up a big season. And even if he does, I stay away from signing him to any big deal, because once he gets a decent size deal, he will most likely resort to his super lazy ways. But draft a guy to develop and gradually give playing time, while squeezing some good play from JD. I very much like Bell in this draft but would be OK with Ball as well.
    I agree. i would like to draft his replacement, have Dwyer give us one good year, and then let him get fat for another team.

  3. #63
    Banned K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,999
    we know...lol RDS beat you to it.

    One thing ive come to learn over the years is bob mcginn from JSonline is the authority on all things football...ha

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,363
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Maybe so, but when the team was clicking and the OL was limited in injuries, dwyer was making it happen...
    Then this Mendy, Redman, Dwyer, Batch revolving door started and the whole rb scheme fell apart.
    I agree that my statement may be unfair to a certain extent, as none of our backs looked particularly impressive and there were injuries on the OL. Keep in mind though, that good stretch actually occurred during the revolving door. I believe the 100 yard games came from each of the three (Mendy, Dwyer, Redman) in succession.

  5. #65
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    6,084
    Could be but i remember dwyer with 2 for sure maybe three in a row.. 3rd one could have been mendy.

  6. #66
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,636
    Please...

    Dwyer BEAT OUT Mendenhall head to head last year. What more do you want??? Mendenhall with his spin move (for no reason) and timely fumbling???

    Please...

    I called it BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED!! K-Train can tell you that. When (if) Dwyer gets into tip top shape, he is far superior to Mendenhall. I'm not saying that Mendenhall was a horrible running back..but I"m saying that overall, factoring in the fumbling, running soft, bogus spin moves, and missing blocking assignments....Dwyer is the better runningback. And I still stand behind that.

    And here's the funny thing....THE FRONT OFFICE PROVED THAT I WAS RIGHT! They did just what I said they would do and let Mendenhall walk! How much more proof do you need Big T???

    Just bow down and keep it moving. Gzzz. It's a shame when a man can't admit he was wrong.

    Everything I said about Mendy and Wallace came to pass to a T (pardon the pun) so bow down.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  7. #67
    Banned K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Please...

    Dwyer BEAT OUT Mendenhall head to head last year. What more do you want??? Mendenhall with his spin move (for no reason) and timely fumbling???

    Please...

    I called it BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED!! K-Train can tell you that. When (if) Dwyer gets into tip top shape, he is far superior to Mendenhall. I'm not saying that Mendenhall was a horrible running back..but I"m saying that overall, factoring in the fumbling, running soft, bogus spin moves, and missing blocking assignments....Dwyer is the better runningback. And I still stand behind that.

    And here's the funny thing....THE FRONT OFFICE PROVED THAT I WAS RIGHT! They did just what I said they would do and let Mendenhall walk! How much more proof do you need Big T???

    Just bow down and keep it moving. Gzzz. It's a shame when a man can't admit he was wrong.

    Everything I said about Mendy and Wallace came to pass to a T (pardon the pun) so bow down.
    Mendenhall was on the pup list lol, dwyer didnt beat him in anything. And he certainly didnt prove he was better than any RB on the roster....they all bounced around due to injuries and got chance (aside from the browns game where they all needed to be taken outside and shot)

    Mendenhall is far superior than any back we currently have, he wasnt healthy last season and bridges were burned between the sides, him leaving was a shame but at the same time it was inevitable. You hated wallace and mendenhall for whatever reason, but the front office and the coaching staff and their parties were at odds the whole last season...wallace wanted to get paid and he did, mendenhall was not 100% and he went somewhere on a cheap 1 year deal to prove his worth....the team was better with both of them though, if we could have given wallace $70 million the team would be in better shape right now but he is just the next one on the long lost of WRs weve let walk to cash in somewhere. "calling" those two leaving wasnt exactly difficult, especially wallace, especially after the AB deal.

    Theres a reason no one wants dwyer, hes not good. THeres a reason they didnt try to sign him....hes not very good, theres a reason he signed his tender IMMEDIATELY....HES NOT THAT GOOD. He has his work cut out for him to do something and make a decent career for himself, it seems like hes on his 3rd season of "now or never". I do like that he wants to prove himself, but so far he hasnt.

    I personally hope they invest a 2nd or 3rd or 4th rounder in a RB, but signing bradshaw is almost set in stone because of the lack of faith (rightfully) they have in the current group of guys. Theres no question Mendenhall wore out his welcome, but AZ did get a steal. He and Ryan Williams are going be a solid duo.

    I do think Dwyer can be a decent zone runner in that hes pretty patient, he just has some of the worst conditioning ive ever seen (which is weird since hes easily faster than redman who has no business on the roster anymore)

  8. #68
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    339
    Greg Cosell said that someone will take a chance on Patterson just because of his amazing physical skills. Like others have been saying, he doesn't have a clue about running routes and is a project that will take a while to learn how to play in the NFL. Cosell stated that Austin from WVU is the best receiver coming out and can help any team right away.

  9. #69
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,636
    K-Train,

    Your bias against Dwyer has been well documented. But the actions of the organization doesn't back up what you've been saying.

    But the actions of the organization does back me up. That's the bottom line. Check mate. Let's just move on. There's nothing more to be said on that.

    As far as adding another RB, of course. We are thin now so it only makes sense to add a RB or two. Personally, I like Bell out of Michigan State. He'd be a great addition.

    Oh...and There's a reason no one wants ANY RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS. Come on K, your better then that.

    I guess no one wants Victor Cruz either.

    Nobody is going after anybody's RFA's.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  10. #70
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    6,084
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    it seems like hes on his 3rd season of "now or never". I do like that he wants to prove himself, but so far he hasnt.
    He is a young guy.. 23 now.. but, it is time for him to make it happen...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jarvis Jones or Cordarrelle Patterson
    By 86WARD in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-27-2013, 03:57 PM
  2. Wow, Wallace dropping too many passes
    By muncher in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 02:55 PM
  3. Dropping the ball
    By AZ_Steeler in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 06:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •