Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cordarrelle Paterson dropping out of the 1st round

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    And the hits just keep on coming..............................

From Rotoworld.com...............

Scouts from 10 different teams have reportedly expressed reservations regarding Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson's mental acuity.
    It's a fancy way of saying the scouts don't think Patterson is smart. He reportedly wasn't impressive during team interviews at the Combine and scored an 11 on the 50-question Wonderlic test. "Mentally, it's going to be a project," one personnel man told the Journal-Sentinel. "Running routes, he doesn't know how to do any of that stuff. You may have to keep it simple for him, but this is football. It's not building a super glider or anything."
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Being reported Patterson scored an 11 on his wonderlic, which apparently makes his stock slip.

Being reported that Tavon Austin scored a 7, his stock stays the same and maybe even rises a little....lol

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    All this crap about a players stock rising and falling is just that crap......Most thought the Seahawks reached big time when they took Bruce Irvin last year in the first round but Irvin lived up to his draft status.......So it only takes one team to really like a player.......10 teams might not like Patterson but there could be 5-10 teams that really like Patterson.....

but this is football. It's not building a super glider or anything."
    key quote from the thing RDS posted in another attempt to bring up anyone elses negative opinion on patterson. Keep googling man, i just hope hes a steeler in 7 days....if you keep putting in the man hours to spread the word that hes dumb maybe he'll fall ot the steelers

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    key quote from the thing RDS posted in another attempt to bring up anyone elses negative opinion on patterson. Keep googling man, i just hope hes a steeler in 7 days....if you keep putting in the man hours to spread the word that hes dumb maybe he'll fall ot the steelers
    Patterson is really the only player I want at 17 at this point.......I really hope the Steelers go WR and TE with their first two picks......I know you're big on Matt Elam......I would be fine with Elam in the 2nd since I do think he is better then that over-rated bum from Texas.......Plus the Steelers do need a youth at the safety position....

Patterson has been number one on my wishlist for a while now, and seeing how much RDS would hate the pick just makes me want Patterson on this team even more.

I too find it hilarious that everyone bashes Patterson's 11 but no one mentions Austin's 7 on the wonderlic. And let's not forget Justin Hunter's 12. But Hunter won't have any issues like Patterson will.

Obviously the wonderlic is a very good indicator of how well a recievers career will go... I mean Malcom Kelly's 22 compared to AJ Green's 10 is just further proof of how important/full-proof the wonderlic is.

And why not mention Hakeem Nick's 11, Torry Holt's 11, Randy Moss' 12, and Percy Harvin's 12, Marvin Harrison's 12, Reggie Wayne's 13, Andre Johnson's 14...
    Last edited by Big T; 04-18-2013 at 03:42 PM.

A 7 and 11 and Eifert is a reach at #17 LOL

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    A 7 and 11 and Eifert is a reach at #17 LOL
    this comment makes zero sense

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    And why not mention Hakeem Nick's 11, Torry Holt's 11, Randy Moss' 12, and Percy Harvin's 12, Marvin Harrison's 12, Reggie Wayne's 13, Andre Johnson's 14...
    because RDS doesn't have the capacity for context
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    But what did those dumb guys ever accomplish? ;-)
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information