Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now we can plan on having to draft a NT

Bookmark and Share
    To me, McClendon is more of a gap-penetrating type of NT rather than one who occupies blocks. Seems like thats the way we are moving with our d-line though with them keeping Hood in the lineup etc.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Ice Cream Glove is correct about the PR angle of this. The Steelers may or may not cut him again but it was incredibly stupid and immature for him to tweet this just a short time after being placed on probation.

Keep in mind that we have a suitable comparison to this conduct. Wasn't Holmes ( a much better player whose collective run ins with the law do not come close to being equal with Ta'amu's) traded away after he tweeted about marijuana (wake n bake)?

And again, this "good kid" who made a "mistake" angle is idiotic. If you were one of the people dodging his 3000 pound missile that night in Pittsburgh, you would want him thrown in the pokey. Do not be blinded by what he may be able to do for the team and see the facts. The guy made some seriously poor decisions that showed poor character. For Pete's sake, police officers had to jump out of the way to keep from being killed. Dirtbags commit dirtbag acts.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Hes shooting for the Samoan Gangsta look... what a moron... You know how many success stories there are coming out of the Gangsta Ghetto scene...

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Lebeau isnt going to be around forever though....ALSO, hampton was useless last year...did NOT take up bodies like hes supposed to and he lost any and all explosion off the snap that he once had, which was what made him so valuable and special for a player like him. He was slow, easily tired, and washed out of the play much more than he used to be.

That and since smith started getting old the philosophy has changed from the dline being the most important forcus to the impact of the LBs themselves, not just every spare body works anymore if you didnt notice

Why dont you go browse the internet for more photos of taamu so you can have some dirt on him for next time lol
    You're clearly delusional. DL won't be here forever, but HE IS HERE RIGHT NOW. And as long as he is, they will be running HIS SYSTEM. Get it yet? And, not to burst your bubble, but I didn't need to "browse the Internet" for photos of the idiot Ta'amu; they were emailed to me by a Steeler news service. No browsing required. If the NT isn't immovable, this system is FAIL. Oh, and this just in: Hampton was so horrible, that all the D could achieve was the NUMBER 1 RANKING IN THE ENTIRE NFL. That's how bad they were. Hey, NT is so unimportant, we can just put a safety in there to play the position. Is the sky green in your world?

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Ice Cream Glove is correct about the PR angle of this. The Steelers may or may not cut him again but it was incredibly stupid and immature for him to tweet this just a short time after being placed on probation.

Keep in mind that we have a suitable comparison to this conduct. Wasn't Holmes ( a much better player whose collective run ins with the law do not come close to being equal with Ta'amu's) traded away after he tweeted about marijuana (wake n bake)?

And again, this "good kid" who made a "mistake" angle is idiotic. If you were one of the people dodging his 3000 pound missile that night in Pittsburgh, you would want him thrown in the pokey. Do not be blinded by what he may be able to do for the team and see the facts. The guy made some seriously poor decisions that showed poor character. For Pete's sake, police officers had to jump out of the way to keep from being killed. Dirtbags commit dirtbag acts.
    Tarls nailed it. The "didn't you do dumb stuff when you were younger" claim is ludicrous. I did dumb stuff. Like sneak into a public swimming pool in the middle of the night. Like driving when I shouldn't have been. But, I never went on a rampage, careening out of control in a 3,000 pound car, bouncing off cars like a pin ball hitting bumpers, putting dozens of peoples lives in danger. And after I avoided jail time, I didn't post a picture of me in a car with a bottle of booze. That is beyond moronic. This dude makes Bam Morris look smart. Wait and see. It's doubtful this guy sees the final roster week 1.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    To me, McClendon is more of a gap-penetrating type of NT rather than one who occupies blocks. Seems like thats the way we are moving with our d-line though with them keeping Hood in the lineup etc.
    Well, whoever we use, they will have to be in the system 4 years before they can be trusted to play.

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    You're clearly delusional. DL won't be here forever, but HE IS HERE RIGHT NOW. And as long as he is, they will be running HIS SYSTEM. Get it yet? And, not to burst your bubble, but I didn't need to "browse the Internet" for photos of the idiot Ta'amu; they were emailed to me by a Steeler news service. No browsing required. If the NT isn't immovable, this system is FAIL. Oh, and this just in: Hampton was so horrible, that all the D could achieve was the NUMBER 1 RANKING IN THE ENTIRE NFL. That's how bad they were. Hey, NT is so unimportant, we can just put a safety in there to play the position. Is the sky green in your world?
    you are just a little over the top on this. Theyve been retooling the defense for years, and that number one ranking didnt help them achieve much in the W/L column, so lets try to use our heads here. Hampton was terrible, he got washed out on so many plays and lost all of his explosion off the snap, but they got a solid rotation of guys in there. mccendon, woods, and hood all did just fine at NT. Jesus, look at the packages they put on the field sometimes

If like you know someone who was killed by a drunk driver thats cool and all, i feel for you, but taking the holier than thou route is just obnoxious...he made a mistake, a big one, but no one got hurt and he was taught a lesson. Seriously, it happens

Putting a safety in at NT, now your just being a **** head

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    Well, whoever we use, they will have to be in the system 4 years before they can be trusted to play.
    according to WHAT lol...you are not making any sense

mcclendon was 280 pounds when e started playing NT for us, he beefed up to like 320 just for his own purposes on being able to handle the abuse a NT takes, but the 350 pound NT just isnt as important as it used to be, i cant believe you dispute that still. Taamu was tremendous value in the 4th round, but Al woods (who is a freakish athlete for his size) can play NT for us now too and hes not have the block eater casey was in his prime.

We had the #1 defense when hood came in for smith, does that mean hood is an all star? does that mean hes better than aaron smith was? no. it doesnt.

At this stage I think they let Ta'amu come to camp so long as he keeps his nose clean til then. I sure hope we have someone helping this guy with his choices. Did you see the dude in the picture and even Ta'amu's look?

This is the prime example of a young kid getting paid. Personally I hope he turns things around and make it. I see him being a force on our D in a few years.

Thread Information