Thread: Great article on NFL.com

Bookmark and Share

Great article on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-to-be-patient

I agree with the view of this piece. We need those draft picks of the last few years to stand up and be a factor this year or else we're gonna have another sub par year.

What do you guys think ?

My Mood
    Addicted
    what's an arcile?
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

2nd String
    I think the writer has gone beyond stating the obvious, but at least someone is saying it: Colbert, and his "make young players wait forever" ways are so tiresome. I hope last season knocked these guys off their high horse and question some of their antiquated ways. Their arrogance bit them in the butt. But did they even notice? I am starting to despise the whole defensive system, where every player needs re-trained on how to play football, taking at least one season of not seeing the field. I am so sick of it.

Great arcile on NFL.com

Yea I agree. Captain obvious!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    what's an arcile?
    Something you braid your hair with.

the problem is in 2007 when the steelers didnt have woodley and timmons start, the same guys that are playing right now were playing. All 6 years older now and none of those core players were THAT young back then. Ike, Smith, Keisel, Hampton, Farrior, Foote, Troy, Clark were all very established veterans at that point and the "young" players were William Gay and Bryant Mcfadden, both have started for the steelers, left the steelers, and been brought back since then. Holding that team together for so long is exactly why they cant really afford to be patient...that and the 2008 and 2009 drafts has placed quite a bit of urgency on not only this draft but on 2011 and 2012 picks to really step their **** up early...they need curits brown, heyward, decastro, gilbert, adams to step up. And worilds and sanders really need to step up. Theres a lot of doubt around some of those guys, but all of them are going to be given opportunity now to show what they got. Ive even soften my stance on worilds, im kinda starting to have faith in him, that could quickly change if he still plays as horrible as he has so far. Cortez Allen is another one that is being watched closely. I think Keenan Lewis's "breakout year" was pretty overrated, but Cortez is a guy with legit ability to make us not even notice losing lewis

Evander Hood is not a player ive soften my stance on though, he is ****ing terrible

Wouldnt Hood be a trade bait for a 4-3 team?

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if a 4-3 team that needed a UT would give up like a 5th or 6th. But that's pretty generous. He's never really proven anything. Also, I would be shocked if the Steelers were at all interested in trading him. They seem to like him for reasons that are completely unbeknownst to anyone who watched him last year. I don't understand the point of a 3-4 End that is awful against the run AND can't do **** rushing the passer.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    More likely a guy we let walk after his rookie contract is over.

>>> The Steelers used to do a terrific job drafting and developing. That reputation has taken a hit over the last four years.

Something I've been saying a while now. 2008 and 2009 has 1 player left from those 2 drafts. You can't field a contending team when you draft so horribly and when you get a decent player, you let them go anyway in FA.

it seems were in farm team mode... but Colbert has a plan?

Thread Information