Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: McClain release, do we have space for him? Does Tomlin still want him?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    The general consensus is that everyone seems annoyed on how the young talent is allowed to leave. That is the common theme that everyone has in their post. At the end of the day, it comes down to the GM of this organization and his vision and execution.

I see no vision from Colbert and therefore, no execution. Well he better have both in two weeks.
    The above says it all (not in a good way). In one thread, Colbert cannot draft anyone but bums. in another, he "allows" (apparently, football players are expected to be chattel) all of this "young talent" he never drafts to leave. You cannot have it both ways people.

And this has been the Steelers model since long before Colbert, in fact, since the salary cap started. It works great when you draft well because even though young talent leaves, it is replaced by even younger (and cheaper) talent. An NFL player's second contract is usually the largest because A) they are still young and in their prime and B) they have proven their worth on the field. There are just too many of these guys to sign them all.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    And let's look at some of the "young talent" that we never sign. These are all players that signed their second contract with the team.

Ben-People generally happy with
    AB-Most happy with the signing last year but now everyone is down on him
    Heath-Thrilled
    Troy-Thrilled at the time, now everyone complains
    Clark-Third contract as an FA but was still "young talent." Now, everyone thinks he sucks (which I do not get)
    Smith
    The Beard
    Hampton-A Pro-Bowler they kept (again, I am talking about his younger years)
    Woodley-One everyone would have been b!tching about if he got away but now everyone complains
    Harrison
    Timmons
    Ike
    Farrior (a FA but "young talent" at the time)
    Bettis-(trade, but "young talent" at the time)

These are just a few people we kept or obtained when they were fairly young. Obviously, not all by Colbert. But the notion that we do not keep/get "young talent" is absurd.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    And let's look at some of the "young talent" that we never sign. These are all players that signed their second contract with the team.

Ben-People generally happy with
    AB-Most happy with the signing last year but now everyone is down on him
    Heath-Thrilled
    Troy-Thrilled at the time, now everyone complains
    Clark-Third contract as an FA but was still "young talent." Now, everyone thinks he sucks (which I do not get)
    Smith
    The Beard
    Hampton-A Pro-Bowler they kept (again, I am talking about his younger years)
    Woodley-One everyone would have been b!tching about if he got away but now everyone complains
    Harrison
    Timmons
    Ike
    Farrior (a FA but "young talent" at the time)
    Bettis-(trade, but "young talent" at the time)

These are just a few people we kept or obtained when they were fairly young. Obviously, not all by Colbert. But the notion that we do not keep/get "young talent" is absurd.
    **** just got real

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i get why WE are annoyed the ravens are signing these guys, but the general consensus is "who cares?" when it comes to huff and mcclain....other teams arent worried about it because they really arent THAT good of players. They both could have been good fits here, but they are not going to ravens because they are building a dream team, they are going there because they are offering pretty underwhelming players a contract and they have spots they can start in and try to earn some money next year.

everyone needs to ****ing chill....it seems all the time
    The point is, this guy might only need a fresh start with a good coach and good veteran players around him. He didnt cost that much money to take a gamble on for only 1 YEAR. We need depth at the MLB position unless they have that much faith is Sly. Not signing Keenan Lewis this season was a smack in the face. When he was doing very well people here said we needed to sign him, yet when he went to NO, some said, well we didnt see it for a full season. Yet we have comfindence in Cortez Allen due to the fact that his past 2 interceptions were lucky as hell.

Yet, we are all on the Steve Breaston wagon. Who has 9 tds in 6 seasons.

Mcclain just retired

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Mcclain just retired
    Just read about this also. There wasn't any specific reason given. Anyone heard any reason why? Legal troubles?

My Mood
    Impatient

Re: McClain release, do we have space for him? Does Tomlin still want him?

Man, Colbert has no idea what he is doing. He should have signed McClain. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    Man, Colbert has no idea what he is doing. He should have signed McClain. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I know, right?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Good to see a strike against the Raven. hehehehe
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Manic
    the reason is he never wanted to play in the first place just like the fatso from LSU J. RUSSEL

Thread Information