Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: who would you take at 17?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    Tell me what stats support your opinion that he can cover and make sacks? The guy was never really productive. Everyone is getting high on this guy from is size, speed, etc. But what productive has he had? Not interested in combine heroes. Base evaluation of production on college level. He had two picks and zero sacks last year.
    Its a personal preference but I would rather draft upside than college stats. He can cover otherwise Texas wouldn't have used him as a nickleback at times. Most players need a couple of years to develop into the Steeler's defense anyway.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by acero View Post
    if they were both on board

cordarrelle patterson wr, or jarvis jones lb?
    If it's the only choice. I've switched to Patterson

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tomlin View Post
    If you notice the Steelers rarely ever pick players that are true position players ,we draft athletes and coach them to a position. At the same time we only trade up to get positional players and wait for the athletes to fall to us. If we're going to sit at 17 and draft a raw athlete , why not trade back into the mid 20's and gain more draft picks and still get the same type of player. I feel the best value of the draft is in the 3rd round , we could really use a couple of picks in that round. I was hoping the Patriots took Sanders and i'm guessing the front office felt the same way.
    Agreed Trade back for more picks bit depends on who's on the board at 17. Xavier Rhodes on the board Take him.

Take Vaccaro. In first round...that's all
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Take Vaccaro. In first round...that's all
    Safety is deep in this draft. It really doesn't make sense to spend a first round pick on one when you can get one rated just as high (or in some rankings higher) in the 2nd or 3rd. The drop off from in safety is not nearly as big as the drop off in other positions from first to second round. Plus, safety is not a position of immediate need.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Safety is deep in this draft. It really doesn't make sense to spend a first round pick on one when you can get one rated just as high (or in some rankings higher) in the 2nd or 3rd. The drop off from in safety is not nearly as big as the drop off in other positions from first to second round. Plus, safety is not a position of immediate need.
    Safety not an immediate need? We have the oft injured Troy, Ryan (33 years old) Clark, and Golden. Mundy and Will Allen are gone. We need at least 2 safeties added before start of camp.

2nd String
    Looks to me like Vacarro could be gone by the time we get on the board. But if he's there he's the guy we need. Someone asked about production? You kidding me? This guy plays big time. Below are some of his stats.

Vaccaro emerged as arguably the best safety in the Big 12 as a junior, posting 82 tackles, eight tackles for loss, two sacks, eight passes broken up and two interceptions. While the Longhorns' talented defense struggled with consistency in 2012, Vaccaro shined, registering a career-high 107 stops and five turnovers (two interceptions, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery).

That is production. This guy is big time and he fits the Steelers profile. Big physical player that can hit. If he's there please don't pass on him

Quote Originally Posted by Rollers View Post
    Looks to me like Vacarro could be gone by the time we get on the board. But if he's there he's the guy we need. Someone asked about production? You kidding me? This guy plays big time. Below are some of his stats.

Vaccaro emerged as arguably the best safety in the Big 12 as a junior, posting 82 tackles, eight tackles for loss, two sacks, eight passes broken up and two interceptions. While the Longhorns' talented defense struggled with consistency in 2012, Vaccaro shined, registering a career-high 107 stops and five turnovers (two interceptions, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery).

That is production. This guy is big time and he fits the Steelers profile. Big physical player that can hit. If he's there please don't pass on him
    Steelers need to move up to take Vaccaro...why are ppl here wanting an OG in the first round? Enough of picking offense in the first round...Why do we need Eifert?! We need to pick defense in the first round. Troy is always injured, so dont count on him playing all 16 games...
    "HAIL TO PITT"

I wold be beyond furious if we actually moved up to draft Vacarro. Hell, I'd be very displeased if we drafted him at 17. Elam is a much better fit in the old mans defense. Hell, Amerson is a better fit. Both could likely be had in the second round (though Elam might not make it as far as 17 in the second).
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

2nd String
    Jens, I don't get your comment. He's a big physical kid that can cover and hit. He's rated by everyone as the best safety in the draft. What do you mean he's not a good fit? I'd be interested in reading your response. I'm just not sure how he doesn't fit?

Thread Information