1) Kansas City Chiefs Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
I do believe Albert is on his way out, but Joeckel can step right in as a dominant pass blocker and an above average run blocker. Andy Reid likes drafting OL and DL in the first round, I imagine they feel confident enough in Alex Smith to go forward with the season. Joeckel gives them a franchise LT to replace their franchise LT
2) Jacksonville Jaguars Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
Tough pick, but Jordan fits the bill of what they are looking for...a pass rusher. Its tough to peg Jordan as a player. Could play DE, 34 OLB or stand up as a 43 OLB. He has terrific range, is comfortable in space, has freakishly long arms, and is versatile. Theyve tried drafting DEs, bringing in FAs and they all seem to fail. Cant tell right now if Jordan is going to be like Michael Johnson, Manny Lawson, or Julian Peterson.
3) Oakland Raiders Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
Bolstering the dline that just lost Tommy Kelly as a cap casualty and with Seymour getting older this is a nice player to team up with Lamar Houston on the dline. An easy top 5 player, the reports of him falling is just not gonna happen.
4) Philadelphia Eagles Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
Sucks that they missed out on Star and Jordan...i imagine both were heavily on their radar. I think they are convicned that out of Vick, Foles, and Dixon someone is going to emerge as a starter in this new offense. Nnamdi was such a disappointment, they lost Samuel last year, and DRC this year. They need to bolster the secondary and Milliner does that. Top end speed solidified him as the #1 CB this year
5) Detroit Lions Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
The lost Avril and released vanden bosch, that moster middle of the dline isnt going to be any use to them without a threat at DE. Ansah and Jason Jones at least could look respectable as a tandem
6) Cleveland Browns Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
Switching back to a 34 they have the beef on the dline, and they signed Kruger to a big deal, and have Sheard on the other side but Jarvis could bring a lot of versatility to them as he can play both inside and outside.
7) Arizona Cardinals Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
They pass on a QB early with the Acquisition of Palmer and Bruce Arians man love for Drew Stanton. Their run game was so terrible last year and the offensive line looked like a D-2 group. This gives them the LT they never got with Levi Brown, and while i like Bobbie Massie he just wasnt that good last year. They need to keep palmer upright and give mendenhall and Ryan Williams room to run.
8) Buffalo Bills Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
Geno falls into the lap of the Bills, he will compete with Kolb and probably run away with it. Kolb is a career backup and a good one, but its not surprising to see him as a journeyman...even andy reid preferred giving up a 2nd rounder for alex smith over getting Kolb off of waivers.
9) New York Jets Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
Mingo will find a lot of room to make plays with their monsterous dline in front of him, they need to upgrade their pass rush but Wilkerson, Ellis, and Coples should free up a lot of room for Mingo to get after the QB
10) Tennessee Titans Sharif Floyd, DT, Florida
Titans have lost some players at DT, Floyd can step in from day one and be an effective run stopper and interior pass rusher. hes a little bit overrated as a prospect, but top 10 sounds about right.
11) San Diego Chargers Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
Lane Johnson is a super athletic OT that the chargers would love to have. That oline has struggled and needs to be addressed to keep rivers upright and give Ryan Matthews a little room to run and maybe even keep him from getting hit so his bones dont explode
12) Miami Dolphins Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
Cant imagine a scenario that Rhodes makes it past all the florida teams in round one. A long, rangy CB that will be able to match up with most WRs. Showed some great speed and really moved himself up the boards...does not get beat deep ever.
13) Tampa Bay Buccaneers Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Hes a feisty CB that can step in to one of the worst secondaries in the league. Whether or not theres any truth to the Revis trade they relally upgraded the secondary with Barron, Goldson, and Trufant
14) Carolina Panthers Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
DT seems to be a weakness for carolina year after year. There was muc speculation of them taking Poe or Cox last year so I would hope they would address it with Richardson falling into their lap
15) New Orleans Saints Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
Not ideal for a team switching to a 34, but I am convinced that Werner can play OLB....obviously they arent going to be asking him to drop back in coverage very often, but i think he can do it occasionally. His primary job is going to be rushing the passer, theres been less qualified players converting to a 34 OLB. Im assuming Martez Wilson is going to be playing OLB too?
16) St. Louis Rams Tavon Austin WR, West Virginia
A great fit for their offense, Bradford will fall in love with him out of the slot and he can be an explosive game changer. With Austin, Cook, Quick, Givens and Gibson they might have enough pieces in the air game to provide a little breathing room for Richardson and Pead on the ground.
17) Pittsburgh Steelers Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
If he falls this far i believe he will be the pick. He is dynamic with the ball in his hand, will be a player that will get a lot of opportunities to score as a rookie. He is tall, but he doesnt run like some of the taller WRs weve seen....AJ, Julio, DHB, Britt, Nicks, Torrey Smith, Josh Gordon...ect. He runs more like hes percy harvin. His straight line speed is good, but his open field ability is unnatural for his size. Hes not the smartest guy, but we dont need a high SAT score..he made the jump from JUCO to FBS very well. Hes a bit of a body catcher, something that can be worked on but hes much to explosive of a talent to pass on at 17
18) Dallas Cowboys Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
This should just make so many longhorn homers so wet, but safety is a need for them and really it seems like it has been for years. This year they get a guy that will stick, and he'll be a fan favorite being a former longhorn.
19) New York Giants Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
Honestly whenever the Giants dont draft dline it confuses me. They opted for a RB last year so its time to get back to what they know. Jones is a big DE to play LE and slide into DT on passing downs just like tuck.
20) Chicago Bears Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
Cutler and Forte are both happy men. Finally addressing the oline which seems to be this teams main weakness year after year. Warmack is a punishing run blocker and a good pass blocker who possesses unreal functional strength and awareness for the the position
21) Cincinnati Bengals Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
Whether or not they sign Andre Smith long term they can draft another OT who could step into RT right away as a replacement for smith. Honestly this is a tough pick to make but Whitworth is 31 now and they could be looking for his long term replacement, but in the short term he could replace smith if they cant work out a deal.
22) St. Louis Rams Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
Little run on offensive lineman, Cooper is a guy that is supremely athletic and can move people out of the way. Getting Jake long and Cooper is going to go a long way towards making this offense as efficient as fisher wants it to be and not have to have greg the leg bomb 50 yarders every week
23) Minnesota Vikings Keenan Allen, WR, California
They get a bigger body WR to team up with Greg Jennings, this could be a great passing attack with Wright working the slot and Rudolph at TE
24) Indianapolis Colts DJ Fluker, OT/OG Alabama
They have Costanzo and Cherilus at OT, but they could plug fluker into OG and he could be one of the best in the league from day one. Fluker would be everything and more of what they expected Ben Ijalana to be
25) Minnesota Vikings Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
Short is an underrated player that could provide rotational depth at DT for them and eventually replace Kevin Williams
26) Green Bay Packers Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
They finally address RB after missing out on Steven Jackson. Lacy is a power runner that will step in nicely after the Cedric Benson experiment failed.
27) Houston Texans DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
With the release of Kevin Walter its almost certain they go WR early in the draft. Hopkins isnt a burner but hes a guy who can stretch the filed and create mismatches across from Andre johnson
28) Denver Broncos Arthur Brown, MLB, Kansas State
Tough to decide what they actually need. But Arthur Brown and Von Miller could possibly be an incredible set of LBs for them. After the doom debacle, DE is obviously a need but Brown may be too good to pass up on. Stewart bradley is good for 3-4 plays per year, joe Mays is Average, DJ williams was released...might not be the biggest need but is definitely big enough
29) New England Patriots Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
Hunter is getting more and more comfortable on his knee and the Patriots reach a little bit to get Brady a big target. Hes an excellent talent and i think will end Belichicks atrocious run of drafting terrible WRs
30) Atlanta Falcons Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
Pash rushers were needed even before the release of John Abraham. once considered a top 5 prospect Moore falls a bit due to horrible workouts but could provide them a pass rush across from Osi
31) San Francisco 49ers Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama
Potential to play in a rotation at DE and DT for them, they get depth in an area they struggled most in (for such an all around deep and talented team) and someone who can free up space for Aldon Smith and spell Justin Smith on the dline as hes not getting any younger.
32) Baltimore Ravens Kevin Minter, MLB, LSU
Hard hitting MLB to fill the void left by lewis and ellerbe. He covers a lot of ground and is a hard hitter and excellent run defender. he'll be able to lead the defense sooner rather than later. There was talks of movin Upshaw to MLB, but this would probably be a better move
33) Jacksonville Jaguars Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina
Its been made clear that MJD wont get the money he wants, he has one year left on his current deal and is coming off a bad foot injury.
34) San Francisco 49ers Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
Alex Smith for Tyler Eifert? what a win. Replaces Delanie Walker, gives Kaepernick another big target to go along with Crabtree and Davis
35) Philadelphia Eagles Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
In switching to a 34 they have there other DE in Hunt. Sopoaga will play NT, Cox at opposite end, and im assuming Graham and Cole will work at OLB for them.
36) Detroit Lions David Amerson, CB, North Carolina State
CB is always a need for them. Amerson is a big guy who prior to this year was a top 5 lock after a ridiculous season in 2011, but he struggled some in 2012 but run a excellent time for his size.
37) Cincinnati Bengals Alec Ogletree, MLB, Georgia
Would move to WILL for them I would assume. hes not good when touched but as a WILL i think he could be a terror. Ogletree at WILL, Mauluga at MIKE, and Burfict at SAM is a pretty beast group of LBs
38) Arizona Cardinals Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
Rob Housler isnt getting it done for them, Arians was a part of the team that drafted Fleener last year in a similar situation, this makes sense for them and Palmer loves TEs
39) New York Jets EJ Manuel, QB, Florida Matt Barkley, QB, USC
Second QB off the board, falls into the laps of the Jets. I did have barkley here just to be funny but Manuel would be more likely. A big run on QBs in FA and trade market have left some guys to fall
40) Tennessee Titans Robert Woods, WR, USC
Robert Woods would be everything Damien Williams was supposed to be for them. He and Kendall Wright would be a great duo moving forward as Washington is unspectacular and Britt is always a question mark
41) Buffalo Bills Justin Pugh, OG/OT, Syracuse
Played for Marone at Syracuse and is an Andy Levitre clone...this makes too much sense.
42) Miami Dolphins Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame
Replacement for Dansby, has become and underrated player but falls this far because 1) hes a MLB, and 2) theres legit reason to question his mental toughness
43) Tampa Bay Buccaneers Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
Roy Miller bolted, they need someone to work the inside with mccoy
44) Carolina Panthers Terrence Williams, WR, Baylor
Downfield threat for $Cam, would be a btter #2 than Brandon Lafell
45) San Diego Chargers Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
Meachem was a massive disappointing for them and their passing game suffered because of it.
46) St. Louis Rams Jonathan Cyprien, FS, Florida Int
I honestly dont even know who their safeties are..they let Mikell go i think?
47) Dallas Cowboys Kyle Long, OG, Oregon
Trying to get more athletic on the offensive line Kyle long can play either guard or RT if they decide to let Free go.
48) Pittsburgh Steelers Matt Elam, FS, Florida
I absolutely love Matt Elam. His draft stock is very tough to gauge though. He is a safety with corner ability. He has shown the ability to man up on slot WRs from the safety position, which is something clark and troy have shown they cannot do. it would be an extreme luxury to have a safety that can easily play the NB slot, it will allow you to do a lot of things with the secondary that you cant do when you have to line Ike taylor up on Welker in the slot all day. He is very aggressive, a devastating hitting, and despite flying around the field...a very sound tackler. He creates turnovers and gets interceptions, but whats most impressive about him is his closing speed and timing/patience to separate the ball from the receiver....breaks up a lot of passes, not only by pure coverage but by laying a perfectly timed hit. Can play centerfield, can play the run, can play FS and SS....theers not much not to like about him other than hes a little short.
49) New York Giants Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
Probably more of a safety, but they need someone to replace Kenny Phillips
50) Chicago Bears Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin
Excessive? Probably...taking two interior oline in the first 2 rounds, but its been ignored way to long. Id imagine bolstering the interior would make Bushrod and Carimi's job on the outside quite a bit easier....Bushrod has always had good interior line working with him in new orleans and Carimi has always lacked any kind of serviceable interior line play
51) Washington Redskins Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
Washington is right up there with Tampa and Minnesota as some of the worst pass defense ive ever seen.
52) Minnesota Vikings BW Webb, CB, William&Mary
I really like Webb, i think he could be a top 50 player. They need help in th worst way in the secondary...Harrison Smith cant do it all himself, and they just released their best CB in Winfield
53) Cincinnati Bengals Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU.
Michael johnson playing on the franchise tag, but they arent shy about taking a guy like montgomery....Burfict and Dunlap the most recent examples
54) Miami Dolphins Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
Gives them another end to compliment Cameron Wake
55) Green Bay Packers Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas Pine Bluff
One of the worst Olines needs a pick me up to protect Rodgers who they are working on a long term deal for. Id imagine Bulaga will be ok at LT but Sherrod has been a disappointment and an injury waiting to happen.
56) Seattle Seahawks Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
Huge body that carrol likes on defense to sure up the middle again after losing Branch
57) Houston Texans Matt Barkley, QB, USC
Plummeting down the board, Barkley could be a future of the franchise in Houston. He can take over for schaub in a year or two...im sure they dont think TJ Yates in their man.
58) Denver Broncos Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State
Freakishly strong DE they can team up with Ayers and Miller and generate a good pass rush
59) New England Patriots Corey Lemonier, OLB, Auburn
Once again bolstering the pass rush, after adding Chandler Jones last year, Lemonier gives them added versatility.
60) Atlanta Falcons Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
They have really put together a nice oline over the years with Baker, Konz, and Blalock....Warford is a good piece for them to clear out some room for Steven Jackson.
61) San Francisco 49ers Eric Reid, S, LSU
Dashon Goldsons replacement...overrated player, but a guy that will fit right in a stacked defense like SFs
62) Baltimore Ravens Phillip Thomas, FS, Fresno State
They added Huff but could still use some help at safety after losing both Pollard and Reed.
63) Kansas City Chiefs Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
Alex Smiths Heir?
64) Jacksonville Jaguars John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
Big body to add to their defensive efforts, Not sure how Alualu has done but Jenkins is a good enough talent to not be down this far in the draft.
65) Detroit Lions Dennard Robinson, WR, MIchigan
Played at Michigan and can replace Titus Young and javid Best all in one. His best position is probably RB but he can split out with Calvin, Buleson, and Broyles. Teamed with Reggie Bush this team is a nightmare on offense, at least in madden.
66) Oakland Raiders Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State
CAN IT HAPPEN AGAIN? Can Matt Flynn be "Flynn'd"
67) Philadelphia Eagles Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
A rotational OLB to fit in their 34, we dont know how Cole and Graham are going to hold up yet.
68) Cleveland Browns Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern
Help across from Haden, I really like Alford a lot
69) Arizona Cardinals Jamie Collins, OLB, Connecticut
Losing Washington for 4 games, they can use some help at LB...they have some undersized guys, I think collins is a pretty good fit for them. Im not sure how Obrien Schoefield has rehabbed
70) Tennessee Titans Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas
Big, stong, and freakishly fast RB to compliment (replace?) chris johnson
71) Buffalo Bills Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
Downfield threat that would compliment Stevie pretty well
72) New York Jets Leveon Bell, RB, Mich St
Big runner, but much more fast and elusive than shonn greene ever could have hoped to be
73) Tampa Bay Buccaneers Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers
I honestly dont know much about their LBs. Mason Foster and Lavonte David were good players in college, but adding to that group can only be beneficial...plus they are Rutgers-lite
74) San Francisco 49ers William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
So tough to decide what they want to do in the draft. It just seems like they have enough pieces every where. Gholston would likely make them play Jesse Williams at NT full time.
75) New Orleans Saints Trevardo Williams, OLB, Connecticut
An underrated pass rushing OLB, could be a good rotational guy
76) San Diego Chargers Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticutt
Depth at CB to help against the broncos insane passing attack
77) Miami Dolphins Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
Will eventually replace Bess in the slot, but is very fast and played with Tannehill before. They rival the broncos for the whitest WRs in the league. Would be a good fit with Hartline and Wallace already in place
78) St. Louis Rams Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern State
Freak of nature DT to rotate with Langford and Brockers...it wll allow them to do a lot of things on defense and let long and quinn free off the edge
79) Pittsburgh Steelers Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
This is under the assumption they sign Bradshaw. Lattimore will NOT make it out of the 3rd round. Even if hes IRd as a rookie, I know a million fans would be like OMG WE HAVE NEEDZZZZ but RB is a need and this is a long term investment into a dynamic player and one that is seriously passionate about playing at the pro level and has me convinced he will do anything to make sure that happens. The injury was horrible, but hes progressed in a way that its hard not to have faith in him making a full recovery. Take no chances, IR him as a rookie and enter 2014 with an explosive, powerful, dynamic RB that this team has lacked for.....ever.
80) Dallas Cowboys Montori Hughes, DT, Tennessee Martin
They get some size on a very undersized dline...Ware, Ratliff, and Spencer can all play in a 43 but getting a big NT in there will make everyone better, especially Durant, Lee, and Carter at LB
81) New York Giants Brian Schwenke, C, California
They need upgrade on the interior offensive line, and Schwenke can play 4 positions
82) Miami Dolphins Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego St.
Fasano bolted in FA to the chiefs and Michael Egnew left coaches with little to be excited about
83) Minnesota Vikings Zavier Gooden, OLB, Missouri
Never played up to his athletic ability in college, but is a good fit for them and an extremely fast LB that can cover a lot of ground
84) Cincinnati Bengals Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M
They are just too predictable
85) Washington Redskins Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State
A good all around player...could play inside and outside and is a tackling machine
86) Indianapolis Colts Montee Ball RB, Wisconsin
Montee Ball to me is a chester taylor clone...can run and catch and block pretty well. An all around good player and definitely an ugrade on what they currently have at RB
87) Seattle Seahawks Cornelius Washington, OLB, Georgia
Physically terrifying is what the seahawks are trying to do on defense. Honestly for how big they are at every position on defense they probably outweigh every other defnense by a metric ton. They are trying to put a strangle hold on the NFC and while washington isnt the best player hes got some unreal tools to work with. He can bolster the pass rush that already has Avril and Irvin on it
88) Green Bay Packers Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
With jennings out it is likely Cobb will move outside to replace him...Goodwin is probably the fastest player in the draft, could be a nice slot option as a rookie
89) Houston Texans Vance McDonald, TE, Rice
Local guy that played at Rice in houston....Jamse Casey left, and Owen Daniels is often injured.
90) Denver Broncos Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse
And upgrade over Mike Adams, and probably Rahim moore
91) New England Patriots Barrett jones, C, Alabama
Versatile interior lineman, should probably go much higher but they get a steal here...can play 4 positions. not sure how Marcus cannon is progressing but with cannon, volmer, jones, and solder they could put together an awesome young offensive line
92) Atlanta Falcons Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
Honestly hes not a bad option to replace brent grimes. Can play the NB as a rookie and might be best suited as a tiny little FS, but id be surprised if he made it out of the 3rd round
93) San Francisco 49ers Darius Slay, CB Mississippi st.
They just signed Nnamdi to a 1 year deal, but they could use depth behind culliver and rodgers as well
94) Baltimore Ravens Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
Physical WR to replace boldin