Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 talented QB retreads are out there

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

2nd String

2 talented QB retreads are out there

Both Vince Young and JaMarcus Russell are attempting comebacks. Both are way physically talented. I would take a flier on one of them, to be honest. Little to lose. Both may have learned a lesson and grown up a bit. Both were immature and always had everything come easy to them. Russell has dropped 27 lbs. But 27 lbs from what weight I do not know.

Young was on First Take this AM. He truly seemed much more mature. Even playing as a non-working, immature brat, he still has a pretty good W-L record.

Both those guys are as physically talented as any QB out there. If they grew up and are ready to take the game seriously, they could be as good as there is. I would like to add players WHO HAVE A CHANCE TO DEVELOP INTO SOMETHING SPECIAL instead of just signing guys with no upside. I am sick of all their bum signings who have no upside.

John Skelton?? How many bad QB's can arizona really have.. Maybe the Offense makes them look worse than they should?

Id take Jamarcus. I kinda feel bad for him...yeah he ****ed up and blew all that money and went to the worst place for a player to go and get $60 million.....but he was drafted too high based on measurables, he actually wasnt terrible and throws one of the nicest balls ever.

For an immature kid to go to oakland with $60 million, the odds were stacked against him

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Id take Jamarcus. I kinda feel bad for him...yeah he ****ed up and blew all that money and went to the worst place for a player to go and get $60 million.....but he was drafted too high based on measurables, he actually wasnt terrible and throws one of the nicest balls ever.

For an immature kid to go to oakland with $60 million, the odds were stacked against him
    I think now that he's actually working with people that really know football I think he's really worth the look. It's not his fault the raiders picked him #1 knowing what they were going to have to pay him lol. Also I read somewhere that he's down to 270 after losing 27 pounds.Best part is he'd probably cost us about two dollars.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Rookie Free Agent Steelergolfer59's Avatar

2 talented QB retreads are out there

You're kidding right?

I'd give them a shot and Russel goes about what 350 lbs now ? Steelers could move him to guard and then and have Young at WR cause he isn't smart enough to be a NFL QB. If he is not smart enough for WR maybe he could be the long snapper. Steelers got to be licking there chops because both can be had for league minimum.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    I'd give them a shot and Russel goes about what 350 lbs now ? Steelers could move him to guard and then and have Young at WR cause he isn't smart enough to be a NFL QB. If he is not smart enough for WR maybe he could be the long snapper. Steelers got to be licking there chops because both can be had for league minimum.
    The report said JM dropped 27 lbs, but not from what weight he dropped 27 lbs from. If it was a 27 lb drop off from 350, then, yea, well, still not ready to play QB. If it was a 27 lb drop off from 250, then we'd be talking about something. At one point, he was getting busted for drinking "purple drank?" It's a mixture of cough medicine and different sodas. Yea know, how do we know how we would react, being big man on campus, of a major college program, and then handed $60 million? For all I know, I would lose it too. Naaaa, who am I kidding; I wouldn't have blown it the way he did, but still, it's not like, coming from his background, that it's completely unthinkable to just take things for granted with 60 mill in the bank. Young definitely sounded like he was going to take his next chance very seriously. He truly sounded much matured.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    No thanks on all 3
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Character aside I just don't think either have what it takes to be a productive starting NFL QB. I was joking but Young possibly could be good at WR but he probably wouldn't want to make the switch.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Character aside I just don't think either have what it takes to be a productive starting NFL QB. I was joking but Young possibly could be good at WR but he probably wouldn't want to make the switch.
    No, he is too big to play WR. He is a moose like McNair was. Many forget that, even with all his immature and weak minded issues, VY put up a 30-17 win-loss record. And, ask any NFL "expert" and they will tell you, with QBs, the win-loss stat is the most telling of all stats.

That being said, do I think he will ever be a top 15 QB in the NFL? Doubt it. But he still has the possibility of an upside. I am just sick of Pgh ONLY signing new players who have no hope of an upside. It is making me want to throw up. VY has tons of talent. And he sure sounds like he has grown up by a lot. But, does that mean his football IQ or pass accuracy will improve? It could. With a better work ethic, one could expect him to read Ds better, and throw a little more consistently. At least there is a chance of an upside. Remember, Jim Plunkett, Rich Gannon, Doug Williams, Doug Flutie, Mark Rypien et al were all considered lost causes at QB.

Thread Information