Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2 talented QB retreads are out there

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    Poor analogy. Tebow can't hit the broad side of a barn, even in practice, even after all these years. He is KNOWN to not be able to pass the ball for the majority of his passing plays. VY doesn't exactly light the world on fire in practice with his accuracy, but he is far better than what Tebow can offer. The Jets had all camp and season to see what TT could do passing the ball, and they chose to use the 3rd string QB in games over TT when opportunity arose. That says it all. VY may not be that great of a passer, but TT takes horrid passing to a new level.
    LOL My post was a reply to your comment that "NFL experts" see wins and losses as the "most telling" and you then justify it using everything but wins and losses. The guy wins. The "analogy" was apt and either your previous comment was BS or your most current post is.

I'll let you decide.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    We talk about Bray but this is a team serious in need of drafting a young QB with a high pick very soon.
    Without question.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I think you are multiplying Brays "character concerns" based off of nothing but speculation. We wouldnt be asking him to watch our children or host sunday mass at his house....you CAN be a less than good person and still play football with no problem. I dont really see Bray as someone who is gonna end up in prison
    You are confusing "character concerns" as in, being a really squeaky clean, do gooder, vs. "character concerns" in terms of working hard and taking his job seriously, BOTH of whom Leaf and Bray have shown problems with. I am not saying Bray will end up in prison - maybe closer to being a Sanchez, in terms of just not really taking his job as seriously as needed. He has been known for being a bit of a slacker at UT.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    LOL My post was a reply to your comment that "NFL experts" see wins and losses as the "most telling" and you then justify it using everything but wins and losses. The guy wins. The "analogy" was apt and either your previous comment was BS or your most current post is.

I'll let you decide.
    So you think the points are mutually exclusive? They are not. Therefore, your point is invalid.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Agreed (even though I do not want Bray or a QB in the 2nd round). I mean, we are talking "character concerns" with the position of QB on the Steelers?

Ben seems to play OK with such concerns...
    Ben got in trouble AFTER he proved he had special qualities and could bring the ring home. Big difference. If Ben had those "events" prior to proving how good he was, they wouldn't have ever touched him. AND, even with all his success on the field, he nearly got damn near kicked off the team as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Without question.
    We need a QB like the Broncos picked up. Osweiler.

Hopefully the Bills, Cards, Browns, Jets pick up a QB in round 2 and send some better picks our way in round 2.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    So you think the points are mutually exclusive? They are not. Therefore, your point is invalid.
    LOL You keep avoiding the obvious. YOU said that wins/losses were the "most telling" in your earlier post trying to concentrate on a stat you felt supported your position to sign VY. In your later post, you stumble around trying to talk about ANYTHING BUT Tebow's wins/losses because it does not support your position (we can even ignore the fact that Tebow's career QB rating is higher than VY's).

A textbook case of cognitive dissonance.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Ben got in trouble AFTER he proved he had special qualities and could bring the ring home. Big difference. If Ben had those "events" prior to proving how good he was, they wouldn't have ever touched him. AND, even with all his success on the field, he nearly got damn near kicked off the team as it was.
    You assume that I am speaking only of his character issues dealing with the ladies. The rumors of him being an excessive partier, arrogant, and lazy towards film study came out his rookie season.

You are confusing "character concerns" as in, being a really squeaky clean, do gooder, vs. "character concerns" in terms of working hard and taking his job seriously, BOTH of whom Leaf and Bray have shown problems with. I am not saying Bray will end up in prison - maybe closer to being a Sanchez, in terms of just not really taking his job as seriously as needed. He has been known for being a bit of a slacker at UT.
    sanchez works hard he just sucks...nothing indicates sanchez is lazy or has bad character. Mallet was the same was at Arkansas, he grew up...people grow up, its weird but it happens...look at, idk, Ben Roethlisberger.

The broncos taking osweiler is a pefect example of an insurance policy for a QB that has health question marks

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Id take Jamarcus. I kinda feel bad for him...yeah he ****ed up and blew all that money and went to the worst place for a player to go and get $60 million.....but he was drafted too high based on measurables, he actually wasnt terrible and throws one of the nicest balls ever.

For an immature kid to go to oakland with $60 million, the odds were stacked against him
    I think now that he's actually working with people that really know football I think he's really worth the look. It's not his fault the raiders picked him #1 knowing what they were going to have to pay him lol. Also I read somewhere that he's down to 270 after losing 27 pounds.Best part is he'd probably cost us about two dollars.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Thread Information