Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 talented QB retreads are out there

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Sanchez is not better lol....sanchez will be a backup somewhere too in the next year or so

It is like comparing **** to **** though
    Agreed on Sanchez and think it's crazy the Jets are going to role with him for one more season. Back on Bray I don't think they need to take him if they go guard in the 1st. I want Ben throwing behind the Berlin wall this season but if the Oline isn't going to be that good and then I really think they should draft Bray in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    Lienart was infamous for caring about Playboy parties than he was interested in working at his craft. I believe the proof is in the pudding. So many of these QBs think they are so super special that they don't have to put the work in. Look at the very best QBs in the world - they put the work in. You don't think that Peyton Manning, Brady, Brees don't work OT in learning every possible trend/scheme they can? These fools like Lienart think they don't need to put the work in, and they quickly find themselves as back ups. Sanchez is also known for being a screw up and not taking things very seriously. He may be working harder now, but it may be too late. I don't see him as a starter ever again, unless the starter gets hurt on whatever team he ends up with.
    Yep he was and why I mentioned his poor work ethic.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    And, ask any NFL "expert" and they will tell you, with QBs, the win-loss stat is the most telling of all stats.
    Is that why they are all clamoring to sign Tebow as their starting QB? He has a winning record too...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

2nd String
    Ryan Leaf? You want to make a potential 3rd round pick out to be comparable to the biggest bust of all time? Bray would be going to a good locker room and a good offense to grow in. If he ever wanted a legit shot in the league as a starter theres no better place to either make a name for himself as a starter somewhere else by backing up an oft injured QB ala schaub or even staying around and taking the job himself down the road ala rodgers

Its an investment worth making, like ive said over and over...the last 2 season could have been different if they had a better backup and one they could trust
    Umm, the comparison doesn't have to do with where they are going in the draft; the juxtaposition between Leaf and Bray is that they are both self-centered, immature, dishonest guys who lack legit work ethic. That resemblance exists, in my opinion. They both have big arms, but questionable heads.

I think you are multiplying Brays "character concerns" based off of nothing but speculation. We wouldnt be asking him to watch our children or host sunday mass at his house....you CAN be a less than good person and still play football with no problem. I dont really see Bray as someone who is gonna end up in prison

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Is this how pathetic we've become? Talking about scrubs like these? Please. You can tell a franchise in trouble when the fan base is trying to talk itself into thinking these bums will ever be anything. Down right pathetic.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Is that why they are all clamoring to sign Tebow as their starting QB? He has a winning record too...
    Poor analogy. Tebow can't hit the broad side of a barn, even in practice, even after all these years. He is KNOWN to not be able to pass the ball for the majority of his passing plays. VY doesn't exactly light the world on fire in practice with his accuracy, but he is far better than what Tebow can offer. The Jets had all camp and season to see what TT could do passing the ball, and they chose to use the 3rd string QB in games over TT when opportunity arose. That says it all. VY may not be that great of a passer, but TT takes horrid passing to a new level.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Agreed on Sanchez and think it's crazy the Jets are going to role with him for one more season.
    I agree, but there's a major cap hit involved, so they are stuck with him for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    I agree, but there's a major cap hit involved, so they are stuck with him for another year.
    We talk about Bray but this is a team serious in need of drafting a young QB with a high pick very soon.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I think you are multiplying Brays "character concerns" based off of nothing but speculation. We wouldnt be asking him to watch our children or host sunday mass at his house....you CAN be a less than good person and still play football with no problem. I dont really see Bray as someone who is gonna end up in prison
    Agreed (even though I do not want Bray or a QB in the 2nd round). I mean, we are talking "character concerns" with the position of QB on the Steelers?

Ben seems to play OK with such concerns...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information