Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 talented QB retreads are out there

Bookmark and Share
    "bum like bray" lol have you ever even seen him play?

I think Vince or Jamarcus could be viable backups....Vinces time is running out though, hes been given chances. Russell Id like to see around 260, not 311 like he was

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    No, he is too big to play WR. He is a moose like McNair was. Many forget that, even with all his immature and weak minded issues, VY put up a 30-17 win-loss record. And, ask any NFL "expert" and they will tell you, with QBs, the win-loss stat is the most telling of all stats.

That being said, do I think he will ever be a top 15 QB in the NFL? Doubt it. But he still has the possibility of an upside. I am just sick of Pgh ONLY signing new players who have no hope of an upside. It is making me want to throw up. VY has tons of talent. And he sure sounds like he has grown up by a lot. But, does that mean his football IQ or pass accuracy will improve? It could. With a better work ethic, one could expect him to read Ds better, and throw a little more consistently. At least there is a chance of an upside. Remember, Jim Plunkett, Rich Gannon, Doug Williams, Doug Flutie, Mark Rypien et al were all considered lost causes at QB.
    I know he had a very good win record in the NFL but think a lot of that was before teams figured him out. He was a big run threat and defense coordinators worried about that early on. He was great at Texas because of that. As for him getting more football smart, I'm not so sure about that and think I remember he scored like a 6 on the Wonderlic. That said with all the bums we signed lately what the heck might as well give him a shot.

Also about Young if anybody knows anything about him it would be Jeff Fisher and if he shows no interest in him now. I think that speaks volumes about Young.

Wonderlic and football smarts are completely irrelevant. I really believe they use the wonderlic to make fun of the guys who got through college without the ability to pass a 3rd grade spelling test

that being said, vince cant read a defense to save his life. Jamarcus is far less worthless in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Also about Young if anybody knows anything about him it would be Jeff Fisher and if he shows no interest in him now. I think that speaks volumes about Young.
    Fisher didnt want young in 06, he and the OC wanted lienart..Young was the owners call

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    "bum like bray" lol have you ever even seen him play?

I think Vince or Jamarcus could be viable backups....Vinces time is running out though, hes been given chances. Russell Id like to see around 260, not 311 like he was
    I have seen Bray play, I have also noticed many red flags, that are very similar to VY and JM, to be honest: immature, poor work ethic, dishonest, not always accurate with his passes....The potential difference is VY may have grown up since his earlier years; Bray may need a few years to realize he needs to grow up. Many have pegged Bray as the new Ryan Leaf. Plus, we'd have to spend a valuable 2nd-round pick on a back up. Not usually the best idea.

2nd String
    Fisher didnt want young in 06, he and the OC wanted lienart..Young was the owners call
    Yea, and we have all seen how well Lienart worked out as well. I'd say both camps were wrong on this one. Skip Bayless feels that Fisher never gave VY a fair shake, since he never wanted him to begin with.

Heck that's like picking between Obama and Romney. Whoever you pick your teams going to be bad for at least 4 years.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    I don't think there is any denying that, up to this point, VY has been a turd. From his temper tantrums to hiding out after a game sending some suicide signals, etc. he has been immature. He wouldn't take things seriously enough, wouldn't put in the time learning, etc. But _IF_ he has grown up since then, he could be pretty good. At least he has an upside. ALL the players Pgh is signing have zero upside. It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    I have seen Bray play, I have also noticed many red flags, that are very similar to VY and JM, to be honest: immature, poor work ethic, dishonest, not always accurate with his passes....The potential difference is VY may have grown up since his earlier years; Bray may need a few years to realize he needs to grow up. Many have pegged Bray as the new Ryan Leaf. Plus, we'd have to spend a valuable 2nd-round pick on a back up. Not usually the best idea.
    Ryan Leaf? You want to make a potential 3rd round pick out to be comparable to the biggest bust of all time? Bray would be going to a good locker room and a good offense to grow in. If he ever wanted a legit shot in the league as a starter theres no better place to either make a name for himself as a starter somewhere else by backing up an oft injured QB ala schaub or even staying around and taking the job himself down the road ala rodgers

Its an investment worth making, like ive said over and over...the last 2 season could have been different if they had a better backup and one they could trust

Thread Information