Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another bum signed

Bookmark and Share
    I done have a problem with this signing and he is one heck of a ST player. Even if he does suck at LB we still can get some use out of him. Now signing Matt Spaeth was down right pathetic in my opinion and worthless. Also don't buy the good blocker BS.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    I done have a problem with this signing and he is one heck of a ST player. Even if he does suck at LB we still can get some use out of him. Now signing Matt Spaeth was down right pathetic in my opinion and worthless. Also don't buy the good blocker BS.
    I honestly think Pgh is panicking. Not in the usual terms, which would usually manifest in a team reaching for high level free agents. No, Pgh doesn't do that. But I feel they are instead panicking in a manner that involved trying to "bring back the magic" with signing former players back, hoping to rectify the poor locker room chemistry. Nothing else makes sense. And if you notice, all of the players they are bringing back are the super enthusiastic "Yea Steelers!" players. Now, before you say "All players cheer lead about the team that just signed them," yes, to a degree. But I feel it is obvious they sought out players who verbalize how much they love Pgh, and the Rooneys get off on that. Did you read what Spaeth had to say?

Spaeth is really not very good at anything, including blocking. He has too high a center of gravity and doesn't ever make any "crushing" blocks. Foote has already been on record as loving Pgh after leaving one year for Detroit, so he fits the mold. The Steelers are trying to fix things by signing players who love the Steelers, without all that much in regards to being signed because of their talent.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    What is going on with this team? Are they obsessed with only signing bums? Former Steeler bums?

Line backer depth. They were short, Sly was cheap and he knows the system. Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    I honestly think Pgh is panicking. Not in the usual terms, which would usually manifest in a team reaching for high level free agents. No, Pgh doesn't do that. But I feel they are instead panicking in a manner that involved trying to "bring back the magic" with signing former players back, hoping to rectify the poor locker room chemistry. Nothing else makes sense. And if you notice, all of the players they are bringing back are the super enthusiastic "Yea Steelers!" players. Now, before you say "All players cheer lead about the team that just signed them," yes, to a degree. But I feel it is obvious they sought out players who verbalize how much they love Pgh, and the Rooneys get off on that. Did you read what Spaeth had to say?

Spaeth is really not very good at anything, including blocking. He has too high a center of gravity and doesn't ever make any "crushing" blocks. Foote has already been on record as loving Pgh after leaving one year for Detroit, so he fits the mold. The Steelers are trying to fix things by signing players who love the Steelers, without all that much in regards to being signed because of their talent.
    You maybe right. To me there like the guy who has struck out lately in the dating department with the hot chicks. So he calls up his ugly *** ex girlfriend because he knows he can get a BJ off of her and she knows the system.

I didn't realize we had Rolle from Ohio State on the team. This guy may be our next starting Lb beside Timmons. He's bigger and faster than Spence. He was a terror at Ohio State and started 13 games out of position for Philadelphia.
    Last edited by Mike Tomlin; 04-03-2013 at 08:24 PM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Line backer depth. They were short, Sly was cheap and he knows the system. Makes perfect sense.
    A veteran proven unworthy of playing time at LB no matter how thin they were. That doesn't bode well. Maybe a decent ST player but the goal is to have ST players who have a chance to develop into a regular player at their position. Taking players who are known to have no chance at developing into a regular position player is a bad policy.

Draft Pick
    You maybe right. To me there like the guy who has struck out lately in the dating department with the hot chicks. So he calls up his ugly *** ex girlfriend because he knows he can get a BJ off of her and she knows the system.
    Lmao

Ugly chicks give the best BJ's, just ask Ben! lol
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    I am not sure he is the ST ace. Wasn't he the main culprit for "blocks in the back" last season? Hey Sly, if you see there name, don't block them.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Ugly chicks give the best BJ's, just ask Ben! lol
    He would certainly know. How is it an NFL Super Star, in a town that worships football, has to resort to hooking up with ugly chicks. How is that even possible? I have seen the women of Pgh, there are some hot chicks. Plus, tons of chicks who love the Steelers. And Ben ends up with girls I wouldn't even hit on.

Thread Information