Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Another bum signed

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    506

    Another bum signed

    What is going on with this team? Are they obsessed with only signing bums? Former Steeler bums?

    They just signed Sylvester today. You know, like, the guy who has never done a damn thing in a real game in his life? That guy. It feels like this team is in disarray; like they really don't have a legit plan to improve at all. If Sylvester was any good at all, he would have got some playing time last year, as they were so thin at LB, and yet, he got nothing. Way to go. Way to sign another player who we know won't do anything to make this team get any better.

  2. #2
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,735
    doesnt guarantee him a roster spot....they might just use him as a camp body. At the very least hes a good STer, which is needed even if youd ideally like to see some type of potential on defense

  3. #3
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,099
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    And he is only some depth. No need to panic.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  4. #4
    Starter cmerrifield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wilmore KY
    Posts
    1,658
    My Mood
    Impatient

    Re: Another bum signed

    You start camp with 90 guys and end with 53 plus 8 practice squad players. That means you can have 29 "bums" on each team. He is an excellent special team player and was injured a lot of last year. He is no bigger risk than a udfa.

    sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

  5. #5
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    doesnt guarantee him a roster spot....they might just use him as a camp body. At the very least hes a good STer, which is needed even if youd ideally like to see some type of potential on defense
    Is Spaeth in the same bracket? David Johnson? Plaxico? we can dump them and run? if we get replacements..

  6. #6
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,735
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Is Spaeth in the same bracket? David Johnson? Plaxico? we can dump them and run? if we get replacements..
    none are a lock to make the team imo

  7. #7
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    You start camp with 90 guys and end with 53 plus 8 practice squad players. That means you can have 29 "bums" on each team. He is an excellent special team player and was injured a lot of last year. He is no bigger risk than a udfa.

    sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2
    No bigger risk? Maybe less upside potential and more $ though.

  8. #8
    Starter cmerrifield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wilmore KY
    Posts
    1,658
    My Mood
    Impatient

    Re: Another bum signed

    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    No bigger risk? Maybe less upside potential and more $ though.
    Yes 300k, that will kill us. He has no less upside than an udfa, he knows that this is his last chance because they didn't tender him, a move that saved 700 k. Besides, half a million for an outstanding special teams player might be worth it.

    sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

  9. #9
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    none are a lock to make the team imo
    I know none are a lock, but do they steal salary cap when they leave?? because they signed but dont end up playing?

  10. #10
    Starter cmerrifield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wilmore KY
    Posts
    1,658
    My Mood
    Impatient

    Re: Another bum signed

    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    I know none are a lock, but do they steal salary cap when they leave?? because they signed but dont end up playing?
    Only there signing bonus. Usually less than 100k for this type of contract.

    sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Signed by the whole Team
    By ldjbrown in forum New Addicts
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 08:29 PM
  2. Romo signed....
    By BlacknGold Bleeder in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 09:11 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 08:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •