Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Steeler Oline 2013/14

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I have to agree with K-Train on these analysis. Ben is past the point of bitching about the offense now so he should be way more proficient in his second year in it. And, we can't give up on Adams now. Just because he wasn't all-world his rookie year is no reason to label him a bust. We've got to go with our young guys..we just have to. The big question is will the FO go o-line if Warmack of Johnson is on the board. My guess is no.

I think they go Center in the 3rd or 4th round and kick Pouncey over to guard. Just a guess.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I also believe Pouncey will be moved to guard, if a quality Center can be drafted.

I think odds are hi Schwenke, BJones or Frederick will be a Steeler.

The line we have in camp will be diff come season, then after week 3 diff again due to injuries. The odds are stacked against any starting o-line with Ben playing. The extra 2-5 seconds extending the play kills this line every year. It's not a knock on Ben it's just going to be that way so we need to stock pile linemen!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i wasnt expecting him to be jonathan odgen day one....but hes going to be better than starks as a pro, and starks is pretty damn solid. He is a dominating run blocker, but hes so athletic and can mirror defenders so well and has such a smooth kick out from his stance...he needs to work on some technique, including his punch but that can come with coaching. Also, if they do move to a ZBS he will be brilliant

ben had a 17-4 TD:int ration before he got hurt, he had no run game to rely on but the pass game was thriving and thats with wallace playing unmotivated and sanders and brown good for a fumble a game

WR and RB are such great needs, but seriously one of each and a QB with a new offense a year under his belt the offense will without a doubt improve
    Until the Steelers find those weapons from FA or through the draft then opposing defenses don't need to spread the field. No TE to worry about, no deep threat to worry about, and no RBs that can take it the distance on any one carry to worry about. I hope I'm wrong but just don't see it happening this season. I believe the offense and defense both have taken backward steps this season. It's going to be a loooooong season for sure watching this team find their identity.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    Until the Steelers find those weapons from FA or through the draft then opposing defenses don't need to spread the field. No TE to worry about, no deep threat to worry about, and no RBs that can take it the distance on any one carry to worry about. I hope I'm wrong but just don't see it happening this season. I believe the offense and defense both have taken backward steps this season. It's going to be a loooooong season for sure watching this team find their identity.
    I see a below 500 team this year for sure... The current brass has no fn idea what they're doing. Tomlin is slowly but surely losing all of Bill's players and his drafts haven't amounted to nothing... Gonna be a long *** season for sure!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

his drafts rarely play... could be an issue..

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    his drafts rarely play... could be an issue..
    Is an issue and the ones that amounted to anything or could of left, not traded, but allowed to walk free of charge! Watch Mendy will explode and have a huge year this season...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Is an issue and the ones that amounted to anything or could of left, not traded, but allowed to walk free of charge! Watch Mendy will explode and have a huge year this season...
    I agree about Mendy......totally mishandled by tomlin......2 losing seasons in a row it will be bye bye tomlin.......cant happen too soon.......the guy is "all wind and no rain"

So way back in Feb when i started this thread i said i'm not sold on adams at Lt...

Seeing as we now have traded for Levi Brown, and i rated Beecham,, can i say, i told you so LOL

Thread Information