Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just how bad is the state of affairs?

Bookmark and Share
    Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville

Just how bad is the state of affairs?

I have always respected the Steelers for how they do things from top to bottom. And I'm not ready to change that. BUT......what in the world is going on with the most respected sports franchise in the world?

We can all second guess coaches which is typically about as stupid as stupid gets because there are reasons why we have the jobs we have and they have the jobs they have. But I have been devoted to the Steelers methodology since 1970 and I have to wonder WTF is going on? From top to bottom?

We all argued about Tomlin riding Cowhers coat tails, we all questioned DL's change in philosophy, we all hated how BA used Ben and the talent on offense, on and on. But even when Cowher was not winning a lot, you could see fire in the players eyes, you could see better things coming. I see disaster coming at every level of this team and all of that is with a modest amount of talent until Bicknell got rid of every single bit of experience we had at protecting a QB who needs protected.

Dan Rooney looks like he's 150 years old in the press box. The defense sucks. The offense sucks. There is no fire in anyone's belly. Our head coach is better at cliches than he is at delivering. Our Coaching staff is a long list of people no-one ever heard of with the exception of our questionable coordinators and Carnell Lake (and he's only known by old Steeler fans).

Has the franchise lost it's edge?
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I have always respected the Steelers for how they do things from top to bottom. And I'm not ready to change that. BUT......what in the world is going on with the most respected sports franchise in the world?

We can all second guess coaches which is typically about as stupid as stupid gets because there are reasons why we have the jobs we have and they have the jobs they have. But I have been devoted to the Steelers methodology since 1970 and I have to wonder WTF is going on? From top to bottom?

We all argued about Tomlin riding Cowhers coat tails, we all questioned DL's change in philosophy, we all hated how BA used Ben and the talent on offense, on and on. But even when Cowher was not winning a lot, you could see fire in the players eyes, you could see better things coming. I see disaster coming at every level of this team and all of that is with a modest amount of talent until Bicknell got rid of every single bit of experience we had at protecting a QB who needs protected.

Dan Rooney looks like he's 150 years old in the press box. The defense sucks. The offense sucks. There is no fire in anyone's belly. Our head coach is better at cliches than he is at delivering. Our Coaching staff is a long list of people no-one ever heard of with the exception of our questionable coordinators and Carnell Lake (and he's only known by old Steeler fans).

Has the franchise lost it's edge?
    When the owners put their hidden agenda above the best interest of the team this is what you get. Time to ride this crap to the bottom until our owners wise up and get serious about the head coaching position.

Banned
    You asked " Just how bad is the state of affairs? "

Well, our Steelers are in WAY worse shape then our Government. What does that tell you.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LASVEGASGUY View Post
    When the owners put their hidden agenda above the best interest of the team this is what you get. Time to ride this crap to the bottom until our owners wise up and get serious about the head coaching position.
    /facepalm.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Why we are losing? Guys we lost from last season. Harrison, Hampton, mendenhall, Wallace, Lewis, colon, Starks, plus burress, pouncey and foote all done for the season. Miller and bell are just returning. Salary cap issues have us handcuffed. Many players drafted have not pawned out. I'm not sure that they aren't trying, they just aren't talented enough. I think many of these young players Tomlin let rot on the bench for 2 or 3 years. Now all of a sudden they want them to step right in.

Honestly I think they will jell together as the season goes on. Not sure it's going to save our season, but I do believe they will play better.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

You said Dan Rooney looks like 159 yrs old...

WHATdoes this has to do with anything? WE all get old at some point...

You want to discuss Rooney s age now??
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    You said Dan Rooney looks like 159 yrs old...

WHATdoes this has to do with anything? WE all get old at some point...

You want to discuss Rooney s age now??
    i think he's talking about the horrible play of the steelers aging Mr. Rooney. Can't argue with that either, they're making me look old as f$ck right now. I think I'm starting to form testicles under my eyes...lol
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

All over the world?? Maybe in the US, but not the world. Football(Soccer) is way bigger than our football here in the states in every other country. Plus it runs about 9 out of the 12 months of the season.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    All over the world?? Maybe in the US, but not the world. Football(Soccer) is way bigger than our football here in the states in every other country. Plus it runs about 9 out of the 12 months of the season.
    Let's see I said 4-12. I'm 1/3 of the way there. This didn't happen overnight. And its going to get worse because two of our best defensive backs are losing it. And regardless if we end up with the first pick in the draft. Its only one man and the way Colbert selects who knows if he'll even start. Remember he was forced to pick Rothlisberger. Where would we have been if that hadn't been done.

When I watch Brady and Brees settle in the pocket no one gets near them. The moment Ben backs up his linemen are following him back. I personally think out OL looks to small. We need some beef like Chance Warmack or DJ Fluker in there.

I like our QB situation right now......RB - truthfully I would keep Bell and LSH and dump the rest next year....sign a FA and then pick another RB in the draft to compliment Bell. FB we are good. WR...Brown/Wheaton/Moye/FA then another Draft pick. Sanders is done and I sure miss that 3rd rounder now. TE....I know we don't have unlimited picks but we need another to compliment Heath. OL...yikes....on paper it seems fine but anyway here goes. L Brown/Pouncey/Velasco/Decastro/Gilbert with Adams/Beachum and Draft Pick as backups.....maybe another Free agent.

Defence.....it never ends. Should we adopt the 4-3? I am so tired of watching our DL swat flys out there. I am sure Hood/Heyward and Co are just doing what is asked and we sit and complain about them. Anyway we just need another solid player and hopefully Spence makes it back.

As for CB.....we need to find one ....no more of this waiting and grabbing a late rounder. We need a stud once and for all. The lack of turnovers is beyond a joke. Safeties are ok for now....at this pace Ryan Clark will be full time announcing next year the way he is going.

I love our team but it is so painful now and I just wish our Leadership would make a change in philosophy and adjust to the reality of the NFL. Do we need to go 4 and 12 with no Turnovers to knock some sense into someone.

Thread Information