Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Steeler Oline 2013/14

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Why can't we do both and make it a offense heavy draft ? 1st G, 2nd TE, 3rd RB 4th WR. Then focus on Defense the next draft.
    Well, first of all, we don't need a guard high in the draft, we need depth on the OL (mid-to-late rounds) and skill positions.

Plus, the defense cannot be completely ignored - Foote is decent but not great, Worilds is unknown, Clark, Troy, Ike and The Beard all only have a couple years left, so we need replacements for those positions now so that they can start in 2-3 years.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Did you read something on Spence?
    Nerve damage behind his knee; could potentially end his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Well, first of all, we don't need a guard high in the draft, we need depth on the OL (mid-to-late rounds) and skill positions.

Plus, the defense cannot be completely ignored - Foote is decent but not great, Worilds is unknown, Clark, Troy, Ike and The Beard all only have a couple years left, so we need replacements for those positions now so that they can start in 2-3 years.
    Aren't Cam Heyward and Ziggy hood meant to be coming through and repalceing the Beard though ? We need them to step up

I was saying most of last season that we need o draft a C and move Pouncey to G. I think Pouncey at G would be great than him at center. Not saying he sucks at center. I just think he can be better as guard.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    I have said from the day they drafted Pouncey he was a better Guard than Center, actually I am not impressed with the oft injured center his brother Mike is a better Center.......Go back a few games and really watch his play from the Shotgun his snaps are all over the place causing a distraction for the QB, he is quick so at the LG position his speed would be utilized......As for the a GUARANTEE....The Steelers will not pick a OL man in the 1st 4 rounds of the 2013 Draft......The Rooneys and Tomlin are happy with what they currently have......from L to R....Gilbert...Foster...Pouncey...DeCastro...Adams ....I also think Adams and DeCastro will both be studs very soon.......

Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    I have said from the day they drafted Pouncey he was a better Guard than Center, actually I am not impressed with the oft injured center his brother Mike is a better Center.......Go back a few games and really watch his play from the Shotgun his snaps are all over the place causing a distraction for the QB, he is quick so at the LG position his speed would be utilized......As for the a GUARANTEE....The Steelers will not pick a OL man in the 1st 4 rounds of the 2013 Draft......The Rooneys and Tomlin are happy with what they currently have......from L to R....Gilbert...Foster...Pouncey...DeCastro...Adams ....I also think Adams and DeCastro will both be studs very soon.......
    Agree, I'd say Pouncey had a down year, which he still played good, just not as great as I think he would think also. I think wth the mig shift lines all the time hasnt given pouncey the time to get into his own rythm. at Center.I dont think we go Oline until the 3rd 4th round anyway. We have to many needs as of now than another offensive linemen. Adams is a real lengthy guy to which will contribute to him growing into the Tackle position. Adams/Decastro have som much potential to lock down the right side of the line fr years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post

I'm not saying completely ignore defense but not till the later rounds. Go defense heavy next year in the early rds and start those guys from day one. We need to get the offense fixed now and the defense will still be decent for the next two seasons.

Also some posters on here have to much faith in Adams. He may turn out to be good and looked okay on run blocking but to me he look down right awful at times in pass protection. If he doesn't get better at that quick Ben might not make it through the first Raven game. Better draft Bray!
    Last edited by BubbyBlister; 04-07-2013 at 05:44 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i dont get where people think that sanders and brown cant go deep, they have some speed on them

Chris Carter and Adrian Robinson at OLB, i actually like robinson a lot

brandon johnson isnt a bad backup LB either, and spence might be fully recovered...i imagine both safety and LB will be addressed in the draft at least from a depth perspective
    I'm not saying they can't go deep. I'm saying they don't scare any teams with their deep threat abilities. Just double cover brown or put your best CB on him and call it a day. Crowd the line of scrimmage and have your way with Ben and the RBs. We have already seen Haley's offense schemes and we all know it doesn't score points.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Also some posters on here have to much faith in Adams. He may turn out to be good and looked okay on run blocking but to me he look down right awful at times in pass protection. If he doesn't get better at that quick Ben might not make it through the first Raven game. Better draft Bray!
    i wasnt expecting him to be jonathan odgen day one....but hes going to be better than starks as a pro, and starks is pretty damn solid. He is a dominating run blocker, but hes so athletic and can mirror defenders so well and has such a smooth kick out from his stance...he needs to work on some technique, including his punch but that can come with coaching. Also, if they do move to a ZBS he will be brilliant
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    I'm not saying they can't go deep. I'm saying they don't scare any teams with their deep threat abilities. Just double cover brown or put your best CB on him and call it a day. Crowd the line of scrimmage and have your way with Ben and the RBs. We have already seen Haley's offense schemes and we all know it doesn't score points.
    ben had a 17-4 TD:int ration before he got hurt, he had no run game to rely on but the pass game was thriving and thats with wallace playing unmotivated and sanders and brown good for a fumble a game

WR and RB are such great needs, but seriously one of each and a QB with a new offense a year under his belt the offense will without a doubt improve

Thread Information