Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steeler Oline 2013/14

Bookmark and Share
    getting some interesting views fella's enjoying this.

I watched Adams in the pre season and against Philly he was appalling, so in my mind at least he's gotton off to a bad start. As i have NFL.com season pass i can go watch any of last years games in full.

What game did Adams play well in so i can go take a look ? Persoannly every time i saw him he was going backwards and appeared timid! I also think Beachum did a fantastic job at RT last year late and shored that side of the line up when we needed someone to step up. Hasn't he got a shot at a starting tackle position ?

As for Starks, i'd love to see him back but isn't he a FA as well ?

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think Adams is going to be a main stay for a long time. Adams was from OSU which graduates late causing their players to miss some of training camp. NFL rules stipulate the players can't arrive in camp until their class graduates. Even so, he was a rookie and I would cut him a little slack in his first preseason games.

I think he is a star in the making for us.

Adam did well at RT for a four games: before injury cut short his season: The Steelers plans in 2011 was to have Gilbert at LT for the 2012 season, but when Adam fell, they through that Gilbert would man the RT position while Adam manned the LT position. BUT since Adam struggled at LT last year will being servicable at RT. And Gilbert played weel at RT in 2011 and was drafted to play LT. The question isn't if Adam/Gilbert are your starting tackles for 2013, but which position (LT/RT) will they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburghpete View Post
    getting some interesting views fella's enjoying this.

I watched Adams in the pre season and against Philly he was appalling, so in my mind at least he's gotton off to a bad start. As i have NFL.com season pass i can go watch any of last years games in full.

What game did Adams play well in so i can go take a look ? Persoannly every time i saw him he was going backwards and appeared timid! I also think Beachum did a fantastic job at RT last year late and shored that side of the line up when we needed someone to step up. Hasn't he got a shot at a starting tackle position ?

As for Starks, i'd love to see him back but isn't he a FA as well ?
    the eagles was his first game, ever lol

He was absolutely crushing in the run game...athletically he looks like a LT, but youd never know it seeing him run down the field run blocking his *** off. He still has LT potential, he has excellent speed and is able to mirror defenders with ease, his problem lies in his initial punch as a pass blocker, his feet are tremendous which is the biggest attribute, the punch can be taught...the feet not so much. He was blocking guys and then they were still getting around him, once he learns to stone wall them he will be a much mor effective pass blocker. I dont know the specific games to watch off the top of my head, but when you watch him run block from RT its a thing of beauty...id say he'll be a better run blocker than colon and flozell were for us, and they are primarily run blocking guys.

Beachem did ok, i think he has a future on the team...possibly at guard but we'll have to see what steps hes taken this year

Veteran
    OL is the least of the Steeler problems. The skill positions, on the other hand, are in desperate need of upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    OL is the least of the Steeler problems. The skill positions, on the other hand, are in desperate need of upgrades.
    Lets see Ben's Needs?

Tall Young WR...
    Taller Young WR...
    Awesome TE...
    Awesome RB to go with Dwyer.
    FB he has.. WJohnson is good.
    Time in the Pocket.. Like 2 extra seconds.....

My Mood
    Manic
    I think you draft eifert or cooper at 17 if they are gone take barrett jones

i dont get the insane man love you have for eifert, hes good but hes not 17 overall good

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Exactly. It is absolutely insane to be taking a TE at # 17. Stupid even to talk about.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    I think you draft eifert or cooper at 17 if they are gone take barrett jones
    Two Starters... Nice..

Who else would start?? Allen, Patterson if he finds the city?

Lacy? Do we really need him?

Ogletree would start he would destroy Foote.

Thread Information