Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The First Three Rounds

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    You had stated not being a fan of Knile Davis before, but his name keeps popping up in some of the Steeler mocks and articles. I watched a few of his YouTube clips and he does run a bit upright. However, he does seem to have good size, strength, and decent speed. He had a good combine.

Do you feel he was a good player on a bad team or just not a good back for the Steelers.
    hes a physical specimen...big, fast, and fluid runner...he just doenst look as good as his measurables would indicate. That being said, he could be just what the doctor ordered for a ZBS

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Walter's mock now has us going LB 1-2 and RB 3 with

Jarvis Jones LB Georgia
    Read this.....

Jarvis Jones -- health concerns and all -- is projected by many draft pundits to be one of the first 10 players off the board later this month.

An outlier of this bunch is NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt, who caused a stir on Twitter on Tuesday with his latest assessment of the Georgia star.

We decided to give Gil a call because a) we always enjoy hearing stories about the construction of the Dallas Cowboys in the "Mad Men" era; and b) we thought more insight was necessary on why Gil is so down on Jones' NFL prospects.

"I just see him as a one-position player," Brandt said Tuesday night over the phone. "I see him as a guy that's going to play with his hand on the ground and he's going to try hard, and he's going to come close to making sacks, but he's not going to have 14.5 like he did at Georgia."

After choosing to sit out workouts at the NFL Scouting Combine, Jones underwhelmed at Georgia's Pro Day.

"I don't think he can play in space. I don't think he can be a 3-4 'backer that can drop into space and be effective," Brandt continued. "When you see him come from one side and try to chase down a play, he doesn't have that speed that you really need to have to play that position when he's chasing a guy.

"I think he's one of those guys that when you're rushing the passer, he's going to almost get there, but not quite."

Gil said he's "probably too harsh" on Jones, but despite his assessment he believes the linebacker still will come off the board in the first round. Jones is just not Gil's flavor of ice cream.

**** YOU GIL BRANDT

"I think he's one of those guys that when you're rushing the passer, he's going to almost get there, but not quite."

That is MY sentence, about worilds

My Mood
    Addicted
    I guess Walter's didn't see this article having Jones go so high.

Thread Information