Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why can't a big, fast back work in Haley's system?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine
    Dwyer is putting in work to get in shape. He's a new father and has the drive to provide for his family. He will be ready to go. I like Bell and other RB's. Even if The Steelers sign Bradshaw they need to draft a RB. They can find several RB throughout this draft in rd's 2-6 but they also need to play & trust these younger players. Manup and cut the cord it's time to let them figure it out on the field.

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Aggressive

My Social Networks

Add tgunn86 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    As an offensive coach for over 5 years now in a ZBS. Zone is more about the continuity of the OL rather that which type of back. In our system weve had 1000 yard rushers from both big guys and lil quick guys. (granted im not in the NFL but) The bottom line is if the likes of Meachum and Legs are getting PT no one can be successful behind them.

FYI, Dwyer ran in a zone scheme at GT. I think Dwyer could be a 1000 yard back in the NFL. Just not sure if he could be a 1200 10 TD guy... In all honesty I personally see Dwyer as a Hell-ova #2 RB. Now if we only had a #1.

IMO a Bradshaw & Dwyer would compliment each other very well... just saying.
    If you want a guy that is Bradshaw esc why don't we look at Stepfon Taylor out of Stanford. He runs and does very similar things that Bradshaw does, just younger and he can be a long term RB for the future if he is good enough. I'm telling you, the only backs we should even inquire about should be Bell, Taylor or Lacy. Screw Todd Haley and his system

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by tgunn86 View Post
    If you want a guy that is Bradshaw esc why don't we look at Stepfon Taylor out of Stanford. He runs and does very similar things that Bradshaw does, just younger and he can be a long term RB for the future if he is good enough. I'm telling you, the only backs we should even inquire about should be Bell, Taylor or Lacy. Screw Todd Haley and his system
    I like him and he fits Haley's system because he's a one cut RB. You can't say screw Haley's system when thats what they're going with and players better step up.

Quote Originally Posted by tgunn86 View Post
    come on, none of those guys are world beaters. THe thread title is misleading...might as well say "why cant an super talented, big, fast, versatile back be good enough for todd haley" thats not the case at all. Trying to find a good fit that can get the job done and not leave us continually disappointed. I dont get the insane love for Lacy...hes a good back but was running behind the best oline ive ever seen and it seems his hamstrings are going to explode the second he steps onto the field.

Taylor ran painfully slow, his stock is hurting because of it. I like him a lot, but i really hope they are looking into a game changing RB. We could get a decent back that can get 4 yards a carry in a ZBS, but it would be awfully nice to have a guy that can do all of that and become a dynamic factor. Wanting Bell or Taylor more than any RB in the draft is thinking small in the scheme of things, we shouldnt be looking for the serviceable guys, but how about a guy that could be a top 5 back one day...they can be found in the 2nd or 3rd though, it doesnt have to be a first round pick. Mccoy, Forte, Rice, Charles, MJD are all prime examples of that. Taylor is ok, i think he'll find a home in the league but imo he has a low ceiling and a high-ish floor

Lacy has left a lot of unknowns, too much for me as a first...id fall in love with him in 2, but his talent level might have been extremely inflated by that line, and in particular the NC game.

I like Bernard the best right now as a 2nd/3rd round pick, that assuming Lacy wont be there....but i would love them to sign bradshaw, maybe even felix jones and then draft lattimore.

I also kinda wish they would have the balls to go after Joique Bell or Chris Ivory and poison pill the RFA tenders (if thats even still allowed?)

Thread Information