Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jamarcus Russell

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

Jamarcus Russell

Ok he's looking for a second chance. So what are the possible outcomes? He's lost a ton of weight and has been working out hard to get ready. The knocks on him were that he was lazy, wouldn't work at his craft and didn't have any interest in getting better. Well maybe he grew up. Here's how I see it.

1. You bring him in and he loses more weight, dedicates himself to learning the offense and plays like a guy with a future. We get a relatively sturdy backup to Ben that can throw the ball.

2. He sucks. You signed him for the minimum, with no guarantees. You cut him. The team is known as the team that gave the guy one more chance.

No downside? We're going to sign SOMEONE and we can sign this guy and see what happens. Now I'm not saying I'm for bringing him in. So don't kill me on this. I'm simply suggesting that there might not be a ton of downside to trying him out?

What are your thoughts?

Russell > Gradkowski

I dont see it happening though. His problem was never throwing the ball, he can do that...it was a horrible team, and a ridiculously rich immature kid on a team that let him fail. Russel made mistakes, but i do kinda feel bad for him. Going to that team and getting that much money was a kiss of death for him because he wasnt worth the #1 pick (Quinn proved he wasnt either) but when you watched this guy you saw a possible top 20 pick, he shredded ND in the sugar bowl and showed he could throw the ball 80 yards from his knees and got drafted much higher than he ever should have and couldnt be the guy they needed him to be

Jemarcus Russell

Just stop it with these threads, it's obvious this team has no desire to get better through FA, lets hope they have a master draft plan!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    Latrobe they got no money to spend on free agents. That's the issue. We kept guys to long past their prime and we have a ton of money tied up. There will be no big splash signings. The reason this one intrigues me is we just might be able to get this guy for next to nothing. He can throw the ball and he's healthy. I don't believe there was ever a drug or alcohol issue with the guy, but someone might be able to correct me on that, so why not? I mean Spaeth and Gay? Come on. We know what those guys are. Let's take a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollers View Post
    I mean Spaeth and Gay? Come on. We know what those guys are. Let's take a shot!
    Dont make fun of Spaeth, hes our starting TE.... lol

You guys are talking QB?

Teams with great QB's love a killer TE duo.. Right now Ben has one WR Brown... And some say we need to draft defense first? were screwed... And were talking backup QB... We have Grad... Get McClain in here to with Russell. im lost in all this...

Maybe McClain would help our ILB situation for depth. Whats with all this washed up Raider stuff????
    Last edited by coldrolled; 04-08-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Dont make fun of Spaeth, hes are starting TE.... lol

You guys are talking QB?

Teams with great QB's love a killer TE duo.. Right now Ben has one WR Brown... And some say we need to draft defense first? were screwed... And were talking backup QB... We have Grad... Get McClain in here to with Russell. im lost in all this...

Maybe McClain would help our ILB situation for depth. Whats with all this washed up Raider stuff????
    cold, How does bringing this guy in for a look for almost nothing mean we can't address the other stuff going on? We have Lefty that gets hurt running across a goal line. Batch who is done and nothing else. zip. We need a good backup. The guy we signed is nothing. I wouldn't have a problem with McClain if you're comfortable with whoever that was we signed. I can't recall his name right now. Maybe some of these guys that failed had more to do with who was coaching them? I'm not sure.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't forsee many signings until June 5, if at all. We are to tight against the cap.

Latrobe they got no money to spend on free agents. That's the issue. We kept guys to long past their prime and we have a ton of money tied up. There will be no big splash signings. The reason this one intrigues me is we just might be able to get this guy for next to nothing. He can throw the ball and he's healthy. I don't believe there was ever a drug or alcohol issue with the guy, but someone might be able to correct me on that, so why not? I mean Spaeth and Gay? Come on. We know what those guys are. Let's take a shot!
    So in one sentence you say they have no money then in another you want them to "take a shot", this team has more money then they are leading on to and if they really wanted to snag a player they have the means. This team is just stuck in their ways!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

cold, How does bringing this guy in for a look for almost nothing mean we can't address the other stuff going on? We have Lefty that gets hurt running across a goal line. Batch who is done and nothing else. zip. We need a good backup. The guy we signed is nothing. I wouldn't have a problem with McClain if you're comfortable with whoever that was we signed. I can't recall his name right now. Maybe some of these guys that failed had more to do with who was coaching them? I'm not sure.
    We have Gradkowski and Batch lefty is gone..

My Mood
    Impatient

Re: Jemarcus Russell

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    We have Gradkowski and Batch lefty is gone..
    We don't have Batch, he is a ufa.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Thread Information