Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Steelers "ways" running on fumes only.

Bookmark and Share
    Problem I have of late is not so much who they draft but letting the ones that are good go on to thrive somewhere else. The Steelers build through the draft and when you hit on a player you need to find away to keep them. I can somewhat understand them letting Wallace go because he wanted Simon Cow money. But they should have done everything in the power to keep Lewis. What is the point of drafting these players to see them turn into valuable starters and then let them leave ? If that way of thinking from this staff continues this team is going to be very bad for years. Once Ben retires or leaves they might even be a laughing stock.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    And then, they don't use free agency so it's double hard when you let our young talent walk.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Problem I have of late is not so much who they draft but letting the ones that are good go on to thrive somewhere else. The Steelers build through the draft and when you hit on a player you need to find away to keep them. I can somewhat understand them letting Wallace go because he wanted Simon Cow money. But they should have done everything in the power to keep Lewis. What is the point of drafting these players to see them turn into valuable starters and then let them leave ? If that way of thinking from this staff continues this team is going to be very bad for years. Once Ben retires or leaves they might even be a laughing stock.
    It is not that complicated. Keenan received $ 5 million per. If you paid every starter that sum, it would come to $110 million, not counting the rest of the roster nor those who will make considerably more, like Ben. In other words, you often must let good young players go and find cheaper alternatives. The Steelers have always lost a lot of quality players as FAs and found a way to win.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    We really don't lose that many good players. It's a cycle; we are in the part where we have lots of guys on big contracts and we have to let some players walk, period. As a matter of fact, I think we should maybe even let more go. The way you stay good for the long haul, is by not paying big contracts to players over 30. The Eagles stuck to this for years, and, although they never won a ring, the were always good, season after season. Once you have guys in their 30s making huge jack, you will suck pretty soon. And also, when you are paying top $, many players tend to get lazy, like Woodley. They are paying him huge $ for what? He was so fat and out of shape last year, that was not $ well spent. But I understand why they tried to keep the group together, as we went to 3 Super Bowls in 6 years. But it's over. At 8-8 it's time to bust some eggs to make a new omelet. I don't have a problem with it. But I __DO__ have a problem with their sh-t drafting the last 5-6 years. THAT is a real problem and concern.

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Aggressive

My Social Networks

Add tgunn86 on Facebook
    I have to agree with all of what has been said. Looking at these mock drafts and changing mine at least 100 times, who knows what this draft is gonna look like in a month. I just hope we can get that Guard and RB and a solid LB somewhere in this draft, not to mention a good Safety

Seriously want to go into the season with this WR group? Sanders, AB, are tiny little guys, Cotch and Plax are WAY past their prime. It's time to spend a first round pick for a playmaker, simple as that!

I would of given up a 4th for Boldin and he went for a 6th! This team is just laid back chillin so far this offseason, I sure as hell hope they don't F this draft up!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Seriously want to go into the season with this WR group? Sanders, AB, are tiny little guys, Cotch and Plax are WAY past their prime. It's time to spend a first round pick for a playmaker, simple as that!

I would of given up a 4th for Boldin and he went for a 6th! This team is just laid back chillin so far this offseason, I sure as hell hope they don't F this draft up!
    I don't think Crotchery is past his prime yet. Plax is but still maybe counted on to get 1st downs and in the red zone of course. I don't think the WR core is that bad and the main thing is making sure Ben has the time to get them the ball. Having Heath not fully healthy will hurt and I'd be more worried about getting a TE in this draft then WR.

Steelers "ways" running on fumes only.

From a physical standpoint we have tweeners besides Plax and Cotch and looking back on last year Cotch hardly ever sniffed the field. I don't know man this team is just stuck in idle and can seem to find the gas pedal!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Dsep was terrible, nothing more then a sideline chick!
    How do these "professionals" who do this for a living not seem to factor in when someone is probably on juice? It boggles my mind. They do it over and over again.

Thread Information