Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers "ways" running on fumes only.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    It's a thing of the past... Ravens won with offense and some great non-called holding plays!
    Oh, come on. Their offense did much better in the post-season but to imply that their D had nothing to do with it is absurd.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Oh, come on. Their offense did much better in the post-season but to imply that their D had nothing to do with it is absurd.
    What I'm saying is the way the rules are changing why do you need to have a great D? What did the #1 D get us this past season? Soon the scores of games will be in the triple digits!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Team defense ranking of 2012 playoff teams: 2,3,4,6,7,11,16,17,24,25,26

Six in the top third, 2 in the middle third, 2 in the bottom third.

Super Bowl teams, 3 and 17.

I agree that there will be no more seasons where Trent Dilfer wins the Super Bowl. However, defense still matters. A lot.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

I agree that there will be no more seasons where Trent Dilfer wins the Super Bowl. However, defense still matters. A lot.
    Trent Dilfer, LOLOLOLOLOL
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Point is we are #1 on D so lets focus on offense in the draft first and if the D slides to 9th does it matter.?
    if we can control the clock more and score in the redzone easier..

Two TE's, Plax, Sanders, Brown, Will Johnson, Dwyer, New #3 RB and the new #2 WR Draftee should be tough in the redzone.
    With #1 Eifert and Heath both playing maybe in October...

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    CAM HEYWARD IS A STUD BUT THEY ARE PAYING KIESEL MORE MONEY.PLUS TIMMONS WAS A BACK UP FOR 3 SEASONS .THEY WEREN'T WRONG ABOUT DECASTRO HE WILL THRIVE UNDER BICKNELL DID ANYONE THINK THAT KUGLER WAS OVERRATED
    IDK, with all their injuries, would any line coach done all that well? They were just decimated.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    Really? Lots? I can come up with 6, not sure that counts as lots.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2
    11 starters from last year are now 30 or over. Granted, a lot of those players are already now gone (Harrison, Starks, Colon). But still, the point remains that this is not a young team. And we still got lots of guys long in the tooth. Polamalu, Clark, Foote, Burress, Keisel, Ben, Miller, Ike, etc. The only young groups are our OL and WRs. DL will be fairly young. Now, the question is, and the whole point of the thread was, are the guys replacing our old guys any good? Looking at the specifics of our last 5-6 drafts, it doesn't appear so. And that is our total foundation. We can still hold out hope that last year's draft was decent (and that means DD and Adams will become solid starters, and hopefully Ta'amu turns out, bummer about Spense).

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Lots of players are getting old....buckle up for a rough ride.

Really enjoyed reading the post ...
    Thanks dude.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    11 starters from last year are now 30 or over. Granted, a lot of those players are already now gone (Harrison, Starks, Colon). But still, the point remains that this is not a young team. And we still got lots of guys long in the tooth. Polamalu, Clark, Foote, Burress, Keisel, Ben, Miller, Ike, etc. The only young groups are our OL and WRs. DL will be fairly young. Now, the question is, and the whole point of the thread was, are the guys replacing our old guys any good? Looking at the specifics of our last 5-6 drafts, it doesn't appear so. And that is our total foundation. We can still hold out hope that last year's draft was decent (and that means DD and Adams will become solid starters, and hopefully Ta'amu turns out, bummer about Spense).
    add Linebacker : Woodley, Timmons, Worrilds, Carter, Spence... is a pretty young group. The only old timer is foote
    Return of the Banana

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    CAM HEYWARD IS A STUD BUT THEY ARE PAYING KIESEL MORE MONEY.PLUS TIMMONS WAS A BACK UP FOR 3 SEASONS .THEY WEREN'T WRONG ABOUT DECASTRO HE WILL THRIVE UNDER BICKNELL DID ANYONE THINK THAT KUGLER WAS OVERRATED
    How can you call Cam Heyward a stud?......This is no different then the people calling Hewyard a bust....My point is we don't know what kind of player Heyward is since he hasn't played much his first two seasons....Its time to see what kind of player Heyward is so I do hope he is a starter this season.....

Kugler sucked but I hope DeCastro thrives under Bicknell but again we don't know what we have in DeCastro since injury wiped out his rookie season basically......

Thread Information