Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 69

Thread: Steelers "ways" running on fumes only.

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Starter LevonKirkland99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Redskins country
    Posts
    1,705
    Lots of players are getting old....buckle up for a rough ride.

    Really enjoyed reading the post ...
    "HAIL TO PITT"

  2. #12
    Starter SuperSteelers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Loss Vegas
    Posts
    1,558
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Great post OP...you nailed it!

  3. #13
    Veteran connecticutsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    southern connecticut
    Posts
    2,704
    My Mood
    Manic
    CAM HEYWARD IS A STUD BUT THEY ARE PAYING KIESEL MORE MONEY.PLUS TIMMONS WAS A BACK UP FOR 3 SEASONS .THEY WEREN'T WRONG ABOUT DECASTRO HE WILL THRIVE UNDER BICKNELL DID ANYONE THINK THAT KUGLER WAS OVERRATED

  4. #14
    Starter cmerrifield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wilmore KY
    Posts
    1,662
    My Mood
    Impatient

    Re: Steelers "ways" running on fumes only.

    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Lots of players are getting old....buckle up for a rough ride.

    Really enjoyed reading the post ...
    Really? Lots? I can come up with 6, not sure that counts as lots.

    sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

  5. #15
    Draft Pick FlatsSteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    497
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Interesting post/view......Each and everyone of the Draft Classes from 2008 - 2012 have had high ratings from every Pundint and Talking Head (expert) avg grade B+.........Has anyone thought what happens to these Picks once they arrive in Latrobe/Pittsburgh.......I feel poor coaching-conditioning-line-up/playing time( rookies never see the field) is as much a factor if not more than a Kid being a Bust.......Somebody(sports writer) recently said as much and pointed his finger directly a Tomlin and his staff.......just sayin......

  6. #16
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,828
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    You cannot count free agent defections, stupidity (in some cases), or injuries against the draft. You cannot know that Pouncey would hurt his legs a lot, Taamu would turn into a psychopath (tongue in cheek), or that Decastro would have a season ender. Nor can your talent evaluators go into the draft thinking, "I really like this Wallace kid but he will leave as a FA so we should pass on him." Their drafts have been subpar but not terrible and all teams go through such periods. It is easy to look backwards and criticize.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  7. #17
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,387

    Steelers "ways" running on fumes only.

    If this defense that DL is running is so damn hard for rookies to grasp then **** can it and go more basic style. I get sick of hearing that as an excuse!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  8. #18
    Draft Pick FlatsSteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    497
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    You cannot count free agent defections, stupidity (in some cases), or injuries against the draft. You cannot know that Pouncey would hurt his legs a lot, Taamu would turn into a psychopath (tongue in cheek), or that Decastro would have a season ender. Nor can your talent evaluators go into the draft thinking, "I really like this Wallace kid but he will leave as a FA so we should pass on him." Their drafts have been subpar but not terrible and all teams go through such periods. It is easy to look backwards and criticize.
    That's what I am saying.....maybe it's not so much the Pick.....as much as....What happens after the Pick.......

  9. #19
    Draft Pick FlatsSteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    497
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    If this defense that DL is running is so damn hard for rookies to grasp then **** can it and go more basic style. I get sick of hearing that as an excuse!
    That excuse is old and tired.....not only DLB but the entire coaching staff......players don't start on the Steelers for 3 seasons by then their contracts are up and away they go......

  10. #20
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,387

    Steelers "ways" running on fumes only.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    That excuse is old and tired.....not only DLB but the entire coaching staff......players don't start on the Steelers for 3 seasons by then their contracts are up and away they go......
    Other teams every year have defensive rookies making plays and earning a name for themselves! It really is getting old!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 10:07 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 06:07 AM
  3. "Durbar steel" & "football plays" brushes for Photoshop?
    By TX Steel in forum Steelers Media - Graphics, Vids, & Pics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 07:47 AM
  4. Is the "Big RB/Power Running" game gone with Cowher ?
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 07:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •