Thread: Chad Johnson questioned by miami police

Bookmark and Share
    Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar

Chad Johnson questioned by miami police

Miami police question NFL star in murder probe
    Miami native Chad Johnson, a superstar wide receiver for the Bengals, has been questioned in the murder investigation of a Brownsville man.
    BY DAVID OVALLE
    dovalle@MiamiHerald.com
    INTERVIEWED: Authorities questioned star receiver Chad Johnson this week about the death of a 27-year-old man in Brownsville.
    FILE PHOTO
    INTERVIEWED: Authorities questioned star receiver Chad Johnson this week about the death of a 27-year-old man in Brownsville.

* Blog | Crime Scene
    * More coverage

Miami homicide detectives this week interviewed Cincinnati Bengals star receiver Chad Johnson as part of an investigation into the shooting death of a 27-year-old man in Brownsville, police confirmed Thursday.

Because of the ongoing probe, police declined to discuss what Johnson spoke about or what his connection to the investigation may be.

Detectives are investigating the murder of Curtis Tavares Dopson, shot to death Jan. 26 near the doorway of his duplex, 4522 NW 13th Ave.

Johnson, a Miami native who graduated from Miami Beach High and played college football at Oregon State, has been a visible part of the pre-Super Bowl festivities. On Thursday evening, Johnson judged an end zone dance competition on South Beach.

An entourage hustled him away from fans wanting autographs. He would not speak to a reporter who asked him about Dopson. One entourage member waggled his finger: ``Don't do that.''

Johnson spoke with detectives Monday night at Miami police headquarters, without an attorney.

''In any investigation of this magnitude, you have to talk to everybody, no matter how seemingly insignificant they may or may not be,'' said Miami Detective Delrish Moss, a spokesman.

How Johnson's name surfaces in the investigation was unclear Thursday. However, Dopson was acquainted with Johnson, the slain man's family said.

''[Johnson] knew him from around the neighborhood,'' said his mother, Sylvia Dopson.

A father of four, Dopson had moved into the duplex about four months earlier.

Dopson was a graduate of Jackson High School who worked various construction jobs.

TWICE CONVICTED

Dopson had two felony convictions in 2005, for selling cocaine and marijuana, state records show. In 2001, he received an adjudication withheld -- meaning a conviction doesn't show in his record -- for carrying a concealed weapon.

Dopson died a half a block from Allapattah Middle School. On Thursday, the front of the duplex had become a memorial adorned with stuffed animals and candles, the walls scrawled with messages.

WELL-LIKED

''Everybody liked him. Nobody had a bad thing to say about him,'' his mother said.

The investigation adds another twist for the Cincinnati Bengals, a franchise that has had nine players arrested on various charges during the past 13 months.

Known for his energetic end zone celebration dances, the 6-foot-1, 192-pound Johnson is one the league's top receivers.

In 2006, Johnson earned his fourth straight berth in the Pro Bowl. The Bengals finished the season 8-8 and out of the playoffs.

Anyone with information can call Miami homicide at 305-579-6530 or Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-8477.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Is this for real or is this like the hors homicide from the other day

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    it's very real. It's really pathetic that these professional athletes can't seem to keep there noses out of trouble.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post

This is very much real az. If this was a joke I would of posted in the rivarly fourm.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Angry
    Kinda find it funny how Chad Johnson said the other day when asked to comment about how several of his Cincinnati team-mates have been having problems with the law.

"I don't really want to comment about actions of other people".
    "Who knows....I could be one of those guys in trouble one day".

Dumbass!!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    the curse of the tiger stripes strikes again !

They need to question Chris Henry.

Thread Information