Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any chance on getting Eifert in the 1st at 17?

Bookmark and Share
    no the reach is taking him at 17 lol

we do need a TE, but not at 17...id rather trade up from the 2nd back into the first and take eifert...he is a WR in a TE body, and an excellent jump ball guy but i also think its better to tread carefully with ND guys, even if they are good there seems to be questions around their ability, its strange actually

Draft Pick
    Wow, this very day, I was thinking how great it would be if our Steelers were to draft Eifert in the first round. I allayed my concern over our need for an edge rusher with the thought that we should go out and get free agent DE/LB Shaun Phillips. Phillips will be 32 years old at the start of training camp, three years younger than Harrison. My thought was that Phillips could be acquired for depth at that position behind Worilds (which we need). Phillips has had a fine career as a Charger and made an appearance in the 2011 Pro Bowl as a substitute for Harrison. The key question concerning Phillips is this: is his first step still fast enough?

Anyway, we have some cap space to acquire the Phillips insurance plan. We could then focus on getting Eifert early. Ben would love to have Eifert!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    He will certainly be there at 17, but i highly doubt hes the best available there...hes a great player, will be a good pro, but not sure hes worth that pick.

Would rather take ertz or escobar in the second
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    no the reach is taking him at 17 lol

we do need a TE, but not at 17...id rather trade up from the 2nd back into the first and take eifert...he is a WR in a TE body, and an excellent jump ball guy but i also think its better to tread carefully with ND guys, even if they are good there seems to be questions around their ability, its strange actually
    Reach is where we are... A few picks later and hes gone... he wil be a packer for sure before the 1st round ends.

Now the ND thing i have in the back of my mind also.... Brady Quinn... Michaqel Floyd... Teo...

Kyle Rudolph?? Is Eifert better?

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Reach is where we are... A few picks later and hes gone... he wil be a packer for sure before the 1st round ends.

Now the ND thing i have in the back of my mind also.... Brady Quinn... Michaqel Floyd... Teo...

Michael Floyd is gonna be a monster. No doubt in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BstripeYpaint View Post
    Wow, this very day, I was thinking how great it would be if our Steelers were to draft Eifert in the first round. I allayed my concern over our need for an edge rusher with the thought that we should go out and get free agent DE/LB Shaun Phillips. Phillips will be 32 years old at the start of training camp, three years younger than Harrison. My thought was that Phillips could be acquired for depth at that position behind Worilds (which we need). Phillips has had a fine career as a Charger and made an appearance in the 2011 Pro Bowl as a substitute for Harrison. The key question concerning Phillips is this: is his first step still fast enough?

Anyway, we have some cap space to acquire the Phillips insurance plan. We could then focus on getting Eifert early. Ben would love to have Eifert!
    the comparison to harrison is off...hes not half the pass rusher as harrison
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post

eifert is probably better....rudolph is growing into a fine player, but they are very different. I do think eifert is better than rudolph and carlson, its just tough to judge his value right now. I do like him, but over who? patterson? jones? cooper? warmack? mingo? vaccaro? rhodes?...to me none of the above
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Michael Floyd is gonna be a monster. No doubt in my mind.
    i do like floyd, hes a little slow off the snap and just an ok route runner

My Mood
    Manic
    THERE IS NO DOUBTING NOTRE DAME PLAYERS ABILITY THEY HAVE SOME GREAT PLAYERS EVER YEAR THE DIFFERENCE IS THE STANDARD OF ACADEMICS THAN SAY ALABAMA,TENNESSEE,OLE MISS [THE SEC ]THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE THE SOUTHERN SCHOOL ALL WILL TAKE ANY FELON AS LONG AS THEY CAN PLAY

Patterson is talented there is no denying that but y'all thought Wallace was head case i guarantee patterson has T.O DISEASE SOME OF MY CHOICES FOR RECIEVER NOT ALL FIRST RD PICKS

ARONN DOBSON 6'3 220

DAN BUCKNER 6'3 220 4.5 40 DEAN'S LIST

DENARD ROBINSON 5' 10 199

JOHN FLACCO 6'2 196 ONLY KIDDING

JAMAL PATTERSON 6'3 208 4.42 40 LONG SHOT BUT TALENTED 7 CAREER REC IN 4 YEARS UDA
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 03-28-2013 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    THERE IS NO DOUBTING NOTRE DAME PLAYERS ABILITY THEY HAVE SOME GREAT PLAYERS EVER YEAR THE DIFFERENCE IS THE STANDARD OF ACADEMICS THAN SAY ALABAMA,TENNESSEE,OLE MISS [THE SEC ]THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE THE SOUTHERN SCHOOL ALL WILL TAKE ANY FELON AS LONG AS THEY CAN PLAY

Patterson is talented there is no denying that but y'all thought Wallace was head case i guarantee patterson has T.O DISEASE SOME OF MY CHOICES FOR RECIEVER NOT ALL FIRST RD PICKS

ARONN DOBSON 6'3 220

DAN BUCKNER 6'3 220 4.5 40 DEAN'S LIST

DENARD ROBINSON 5' 10 199

JOHN FLACCO 6'2 196 ONLY KIDDING

JAMAL PATTERSON 6'3 208 4.42 40 LONG SHOT BUT TALENTED 7 CAREER REC IN 4 YEARS UDA
    its not their ability at the college level, but brian kellys schemes arent great at producing pros....its just the way it is, but making a quality pro prospect isnt his primary concern.

imo weis was a better recruiter when it comes to a pro factory....but kelly is a better coach. Time will tell though, most of these guys are still weis recruits

guaranteeing patterson has TO disease because hes a talented WR is a stretch, especially coming from someone who has probably never hear him speak...or see him play much

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    K,

I've heard Patterson speak. And he's not the sharpest knife in the wood shed. You tube him.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Heath Miller is great, but having a guy like Gronk or Jimmy Graham would give the Steeler offense a shot in the arm; Eifert could be that guy, but not sure if Steeler braintrust sees a big, mobile TE as their top draft priority, even though it makes a lot of sense.
    STEELSPIKES

Thread Information