Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any chance on getting Eifert in the 1st at 17?

Bookmark and Share

Any chance on getting Eifert in the 1st at 17?

I believe with Heath not being healthy and getting older at 31, we need another stud to replace him and a weapon for Ben this season. I think if he is there at 17 we grab him, but what are the possibilities that he an fall that far? Not at all am I saying Heath is washed up, but Im not to comfortabl going into the season with Paulsen/Johnson and Spaeth.

This is a question for the draft junkies here. Thanks.

He will certainly be there at 17, but i highly doubt hes the best available there...hes a great player, will be a good pro, but not sure hes worth that pick.

Would rather take ertz or escobar in the second

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    He will certainly be there at 17, but i highly doubt hes the best available there...hes a great player, will be a good pro, but not sure hes worth that pick.

Would rather take ertz or escobar in the second
    Escobar would be the #2 Ertz will be gone before we pick in the second.

We need to go #1 TE or WR Austin, Patterson

What if we pass on a TE then in the second Lacy is sitting there.. There goes the TE...

Noone would cry over Eifert being our TE...

Go Worilds and Foote...

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Escobar would be the #2 Ertz will be gone before we pick in the second.

We need to go #1 TE or WR Austin, Patterson

What if we pass on a TE then in the second Lacy is sitting there.. There goes the TE...

Noone would cry over Eifert being our TE...

Go Worilds and Foote...
    escobar, kelce, and reed are all fine options but im not sure ertz is gone for sure by pick 2.17

Ertz had a great pro day after a poor combine, but hes still the #2 TE....theres usually only one that goes int he first and its not like ertz is a world beating prospect.

I dont think Austin is a good fit for us at all

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    I dont think Austin is a good fit for us at all
    Just curious why?

I think he would be a killer slot and return guy, can also do some different things out of the backfield and some screens... Basically a better, faster, hugely explosive and more trust worthy Rainey.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Just curious why?

I think he would be a killer slot and return guy, can also do some different things out of the backfield and some screens... Basically a better, faster, hugely explosive and more trust worthy Rainey.
    haley likes the TO's, Boldins, Fitgeralds, Bowes, and Baldwins of the world. And so does ben. Drafting a 5-8 WR isnt the answer with all the smurfs we have running around in brown, sanders, and our biggest WR....cotchery (and plax too i guess if he still counts)

I do think austin is freakishly strong and he looks like a desean jackson clone and no doubt would make some plays but its time to go after a bigger guy, which is why i love patterson...he runs like hes tavon austin, but hes also 6-3

The rams will want austin to replace amendola, us getting austin forces brown to be the #1 which makes me really sad...brown is a good player, but he needs some size across from him

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    The more I hear about Patterson, the more I want to stay away from him. He's not very bright and his route running is very bad to say the least.

No way we can afford to take a TE at # 17 either. Not with more immediate needs that have to be addressed. Austin IS NOT what we need...not going to use a #17 pick on a slot WR.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    The more I hear about Patterson, the more I want to stay away from him. He's not very bright and his route running is very bad to say the least.

No way we can afford to take a TE at # 17 either. Not with more immediate needs that have to be addressed. Austin IS NOT what we need...not going to use a #17 pick on a slot WR.
    Jones - Spine - Slow
    Teo - Wack Job
    Ogletree - bad attitude
    Austin - too small
    Patterson - not bright
    Cooper - gone
    Warmack - gone

So now we have Eifert and Allen left .....

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post

You are making it more and more clear that you have never watched him play...keep "hearing" things i suppose
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Jones - Spine - Slow
    Teo - Wack Job
    Ogletree - bad attitude
    Austin - too small
    Patterson - not bright
    Cooper - gone
    Warmack - gone

So now we have Eifert and Allen left .....
    Jones is not slow, hes proven to be a much better football player than workout timed speed guy...but slow means you arent watching the same player as me

Ogletree wont be a steeler ever, we would never want him either...hes useless when theres a hand on him.

Id be shocked if both guards are gone at 17

You are making it more and more clear that you have never watched him play...keep "hearing" things i suppose

Jones is not slow, hes proven to be a much better football player than workout timed speed guy...but slow means you arent watching the same player as me

Ogletree wont be a steeler ever, we would never want him either...hes useless when theres a hand on him.

Id be shocked if both guards are gone at 17
    Im just saying what im hearing on this board about these guys i listed...

I only hear we dont need eifert... but im not hearing whats wrong with him? we have no TE... we dont need him is a reach of an excuse.

Thread Information