Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worild's Big Year

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Worild's Big Year

James Harrison hasn't given up on returning to the Steelers, but Pittsburgh is officially moving on.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Tuesday that the team informed Harrison they have no interest in bringing him back for the 2013 season, according to a source.

The Steelers are thin at outside linebacker, but reworking a deal with Harrison -- who was released earlier this month -- hasn't been a priority.

Pittsburgh recently hosted former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Victor Butler and there was genuine interest in Elvis Dumervil, according to Bouchette. Dumervil's decision to join the Ravens wiped out Harrison's hopes of landing in Baltimore, and the market for the 34-year-old pass rusher has been quiet.

Pittsburgh is making the move to get younger on defense, and parting ways with Harrison has a lot to do with the team's plans for Jason Worilds. The 2009 second-round pick was lodged behind Harrison and LaMarr Woodley in the lineup last season, but coach Mike Tomlin hinted last week that Worilds represents a changing of the guard.

"I believe that Jason Worilds is champing at the bit to prove he is capable of being that," Tomlin told Bouchette at the NFL Annual Meeting. "When I first got to Pittsburgh in 2007, and we had to let go of Joey Porter, there was a guy that came in my office that was ready to prove that he was capable of 900 to 1,000 snaps a year. His name was James Harrison. We will see what Worilds is capable of doing."

Worild's Big Year

I bet if James didn't try to go to the ravens this team would of considered bringing him back.

JW I predict will have a good year!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Steelers may bring him back next year tho gotta be gone for a year in order to return, duh
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Steelers may bring him back next year tho gotta be gone for a year in order to return, duh
    Yep seems like it is required by the Rooney's and a player must serve one year active duty on another teams roster before returning home. As for Worlds I think he will surprise some people and will do a decent job.

If he's the guy then so be it. My 2 cents, I move Woody to Harrison's side (the blind side) and put Worilds where Woody was.
    Couldn't hurt.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    here you go threw this quick sig together for all 5 of us Worilds Supporters

- Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Rookie Free Agent Steelergolfer59's Avatar

Worild's Big Year

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    here you go threw this quick sig together for all 5 of us Worilds Supporters

Like the pic. It's pretty sick!

As much as I love JH killer instinct I think Worilds is going to put in the hard work. Who knows maybe DPOY. Im reaching here but never say never. Only took JH I think 1 year.

I believe he can do it. I think he is a better pass rusher from Woodleys side though. Maybe they will switch them up and have Wood come from the blind side. Im stoked for this, hopefully he can stay healthy and not get injured in preseason.. Fingers crossed.

“I’m not James Harrison,” said Worilds. “He was a great player. But people are going to see Jason Worilds out there. They are going to see effort and fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    “I’m not James Harrison,” said Worilds. “He was a great player. But people are going to see Jason Worilds out there. They are going to see effort and fire.”
    Love that quote, but he has to back it up. Like I've said a thousand times, I have faith in Worlids. I think he'll suprise a few people now that he gets some solid playing time. He won't be the next Silverback, but I think he'll fill in better than expected for the most part.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Thread Information