Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some Sleepers

Bookmark and Share
    i find it very difficult to rattle off what picks are going to compensate for a pick being traded. Its impossible to predict. Ive thought out 2 pretty simple scenerios, but id rather not trade down in almost all cases I am not really a good person to ask. Id be MUCH more inclined to trade into the first from the second, or into the second from the 3rd to grad a guy rather than drop down...thats risky business to me.

But yeah, knowing whos on the board is very important....im sure theres a guy id draft at 17 between jones, star, mingo, patterson, allen, hopkins, vaccaro, cooper, warmack

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i find it very difficult to rattle off what picks are going to compensate for a pick being traded. Its impossible to predict. Ive thought out 2 pretty simple scenerios, but id rather not trade down in almost all cases I am not really a good person to ask. Id be MUCH more inclined to trade into the first from the second, or into the second from the 3rd to grad a guy rather than drop down...thats risky business to me.

But yeah, knowing whos on the board is very important....im sure theres a guy id draft at 17 between jones, star, mingo, patterson, allen, hopkins, vaccaro, cooper, warmack
    Jones and Patterson are really the only two that I really want of that group.....if both gone I do think the Steelers could trade down and still end up with Hopkins......I won't complain about Cooper or Warmack at 17 but I really don't want Mingo, Vaccaro at all.......

Keenan Allen is a mystery to me on where he will go...I could see him being the first WR drafted or the third WR being drafted in the first round.......I also like Allen......

mingo was born to be a 34 weakside OLB

My Mood
    Addicted
    Mingo was early favorite but I have come to the reality that he will be a top 10 pick. Damn I wish the stains had beaten us the last game.

I am still leaning to Cooper.

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Anyone have any thoughts on Kyle Long as a 2nd/3rd round pick???

not totally sure...thats some phenomenal agility though. wheres Big T hes the gator guy
    Omarius Hines is almost like Hines Ward in the sense that he's a jack of all trades type guy. He's got decent speed and explosiveness, nice hands, not very shifty but he's pretty strong. He's a tough guy to gauge. He's played RB, WR, FB, TE, he's played on special teams and has done some work in fake punt situations. I definitely see him as a slot/possession guy but I could honestly see a team try to convert him to RB or see if he can put on some weight and be a Hernandez type tweener at the TE position. Obviously he'd have to put on at least 15 lbs in that case, which is obviously easier said than done, but I could see it. At this point I'd say UDFA that could sneak into the 7th based on his versatility. I'd imagine he'd be a guy that gets some decent interest in from camps if he does go undrafted (which is probably most likely).

Another guy I'll be keeping an eye on is Dan Matha, Tackle from IUP. Mostly just because he's a family friend lol. He got a scholarship to Pitt but transferred to IUP after a couple seasons. He's the biggest dude I've ever seen in person. 6-7 310 of muscle. Not a lot of fat on him. He's told us he's gotten some interest from a couple teams. He won't be drafted but he could make it into a camp as an UDFA.

He's a funny *** dude. I'll never forget watching the 2008 draft with him bashing every tackle taken before Otah in the first (he was a red shirt freshman at Pitt in 08)

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Honestly, I want to trade down with San Fran for more picks. I want their two 2bds &late 3rd but will settle for 1st,2nd, 4,5th.
    They now signed Asomugha and Boldin they may not need anymore picks. they are set for the SB already. do they have more money still to sign a higher draft pick? lol

We could use the picks in a trade with them.

We are not in the same game right now... Build our OL and OLB/DL and look ahead for 2014... ???

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_43 View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on Kyle Long as a 2nd/3rd round pick???
    i could definitely see that, we are a sucker for bloodlines. Hes just not in the same character mold as some of the other Longs. Hes ranked as a guard by a lot of people, i think thats kinda a waste, being hes so athletic and 6-7
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Omarius Hines is almost like Hines Ward in the sense that he's a jack of all trades type guy. He's got decent speed and explosiveness, nice hands, not very shifty but he's pretty strong. He's a tough guy to gauge. He's played RB, WR, FB, TE, he's played on special teams and has done some work in fake punt situations. I definitely see him as a slot/possession guy but I could honestly see a team try to convert him to RB or see if he can put on some weight and be a Hernandez type tweener at the TE position. Obviously he'd have to put on at least 15 lbs in that case, which is obviously easier said than done, but I could see it. At this point I'd say UDFA that could sneak into the 7th based on his versatility. I'd imagine he'd be a guy that gets some decent interest in from camps if he does go undrafted (which is probably most likely).
    His agility drills are unreal times, he can definitely find a home as a slot WR. Seems like a project, but his skill set translates perfectly if he can show he has the toughness to play the slot

His agility drills are unreal times, he can definitely find a home as a slot WR. Seems like a project, but his skill set translates perfectly if he can show he has the toughness to play the slot
    Definitely a project. But on the other hand, I believe he does have the toughness to play the slot, and unlike some he's willing to play wherever he's needed.

Thread Information