Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom, Freeney, Harrison

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy
    I've watched the Steelers since the early 70's. I have never seen them in such disaray. They have such bad cap problems
    that they cannot sign their own young talent. I think since they signed Brown to such a large contract, that the other
    wide receivers were slighted, and it brought desention amost the players. Bottom line the problem starts from the top
    down. We've brought free agents in without any intention of signing them unless it is for the vet bottom line. The draft could
    help if it is done properly, but it will only show in the future. While the other teams in our division make improvements,
    we are hoping for the best. The Ravens have taken some major hits just like us but the are signing some very good
    replacements. Sound pissed, well I am Steelers need a wake up call the sooner the better.

Doom, Freeney, Harrison

It's like going to a restaurant and just smelling the food then leaving w out eating! Fn stupid!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Doom, Freeney, Harrison

The words dream team was used:

With Elvis Dumervil, some Ravens talking Dream Team

By Chris Wesseling

Published: March 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM PDT

Modified: March 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM PDT

The Baltimore Ravens may have lost six defensive starters from their Super Bowl -winning defense, but Sunday's agreement with Elvis Dumervil has buoyed expectations for another Lombardi Trophy run in 2013.

The Dumervil-Terrell Suggs edge-rushing tandem should be the franchise's best since Suggs and Peter Boulware combined for 20.5 sacks a decade ago.

"I think this move is awesome. It shows we're still in business of winning and we have best GM in the world ," Suggs told the Baltimore Sun. "(Dumervil) is a phenomenal pass rusher and I have not had a chance to play alongside another dominant pass rusher."

Suggs isn't alone in his renewed enthusiasm. Defensive end Arthur Jones even invoked Vince Young's now infamous "dream team" designation.

"(Dumervil's signing) is awesome," Jones told the Sun. "It's like a dream team in the making . I can't wait until we all get together."

General manager Ozzie Newsome has done a fine job of fixing the defensive line and upgrading at outside linebacker. If he can lure an inside linebacker (Karlos Dansby?) or safety (Kerry Rhodes?) while adding depth in the draft, the Ravens may well have an improved defense.

As Young found out the hard way , though, the "dream team" comments only serve to put a target on a team's back while raising unrealistic expectations.

Follow Chris Wesseling on Twitter @ChrisWesseling
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Not worried about the Ravens. One signing doesn't make up for all the starters they lost.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

**** dumervil

Waterboy
    Ravens have signed Dumervil, Canty, Spears

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    The ravens are digging out a hole made by losing 8 starters and this team will sit back and watch as usual!
    DO US ALL A FAVOR AND CHEER FOR THE RAVENS WA WA WA

My Mood
    Impatient
    We could offer those contracts, but its shortsighted and I think we are paying the price for having done those kind of deals. Here is the reality of what Baltimore is doing. Flacco will be about 1/4 of the cap for the last 3 years of his deal, so they have three years to win again. They are doing the same with Dumervil. They are making the same mistakes we did because they have a Super Bowl team and they are trying to hold it together as much as possible. They didnt have enough cap room to sign 8 of their starters and have to do these deals now where the cap hit is pushed back, just like we did. This will come back to bite them. Next year with 33 players under contract, they have 20 million in cap room to resign 20 guys and 54% of the cap is in 6 guys, this all sound familar? We on the other hand are getting out of this mess and will actually have some cap room next year without any restructures.

Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    We could offer those contracts, but its shortsighted and I think we are paying the price for having done those kind of deals. Here is the reality of what Baltimore is doing. Flacco will be about 1/4 of the cap for the last 3 years of his deal, so they have three years to win again. They are doing the same with Dumervil. They are making the same mistakes we did because they have a Super Bowl team and they are trying to hold it together as much as possible. They didnt have enough cap room to sign 8 of their starters and have to do these deals now where the cap hit is pushed back, just like we did. This will come back to bite them. Next year with 33 players under contract, they have 20 million in cap room to resign 20 guys and 54% of the cap is in 6 guys, this all sound familar? We on the other hand are getting out of this mess and will actually have some cap room next year without any restructures.
    They will trade Dumervil or canty or spears.... this year or next year for some nice high draft picks..

The Denver Broncos had pass rushers Dwight Freeney and John Abraham in town last Thursday as a fallback plan in case Elvis Dumervil flew the coop.

Now that Dumervil has chosen the Baltimore Ravens, the Broncos are turning their attention back to the two aging veterans.

A source close to the situation told NFL Network's Michelle Beisner on Sunday that the Broncos are "making a hard push" for Freeney.

Freeney -- who is represented by Dumervil's agent, Tom Condon -- is the Broncos' first choice, according to The Denver Post's Mike Klis. If the team can't reach agreement with Freeney, they are expected to pursue Abraham.

Thread Information