Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Doom, Freeney, Harrison

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Harrison is the reason we beat AZ and won the SB, say what you want about the Holmes catch, Ben's throw etc., had they scored a TD on that play the game was over, how many times has 92 made a clutch play, strip sack etc...

I'd love to have him back but at some point they'll need to move on!
    Totally agree with you. That run back was one of the greatest I've ever seen. But I'm not a slave to the past. Now.......he looks like a guy too old; too injury prone to play at a high level. I pay for what "your going to do" not "what you did"

It's a cruel business of production.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Would like to have him back because I am not convinced that Worilds can rush the passer or be effective stopping the run.
    Sign him to the vet minimum and load his contracts with incentives. . .

My Mood
    Impatient
    I wouldnt mind seeing him signed for depth or at least rotation. We need to see what Worilds has this season, but I am not opposed to having some insurance just in case what most people believe is true.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Dude, he was a shadow of himself last year. It looked like age had finally caught up to him. I don't believe in paying a guy for what he did in the past; I pay for what he's going to do. And with injuries and age, I don't think he's the same. But if he proves me wrong, there should be incentives to reward him. But he's at the "prove it to me" point in his career.
    Bull. Big T's post was spot on.

A) Harrison was playing with a gimpy leg all year. He was beginning to round into shape at the end of the year and play well.

B) Your earlier post was practically dripping with hatred as if "How DARE he not take a pay cut!" In fact, you were obviously taking pleasure that he would either not have a team or come back crawling at a bargain basement price.

You, like so many spoiled fans, expect these guys to act out of "loyalty" to the team when the team has absolutely no loyalty to them. The guy is trying to take care of his family for generations. I agree that he is not worth the contract price when the Steelers cut him but to take pleasure in it is childish.

You would sh!t your knickers if your boss asked you to take a 50 percent pay cut.
    Last edited by TarlsQtr; 03-25-2013 at 10:31 PM.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Pimp

Doom, Freeney, Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I'm betting James will not come crawling back and would rather sit a year out..
    James Harrison was cut by the Steelers after refusing a pay-cut. Now the Steelers might get Harrison back at a reduced salary.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports Harrison's agent, Bill Parise, said he has not closed the door on his client returning to Pitsburgh and would welcome a call from Steelers.

Harrison has not been able to gather much interest on the open market.

The Redzone

My Mood
    Addicted
    They didn't bring Hines back, he as well agreed to take less money.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    They didn't bring Hines back, he as well agreed to take less money.
    But Hines was good for no more than 2-3 WR screens a game at the end.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

To move on and be younger, you have to let go of the vets. I know James was injured all last season or not 100% healthy. I 'm ready to see what Worilds can bring for a full season. Our defense needs to be faster and the only way to do that is plug the young guy in off the edge. I am a Harrison fan, but Im ready to move on. We talk, every season about getting younger and Tomlin needs to play the young guys. Yet when that chance comes to LB's. It goes out the window. I wasnt even a fan of the Foote deal for a couple more seasons.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    To move on and be younger, you have to let go of the vets. I know James was injured all last season or not 100% healthy. I 'm ready to see what Worilds can bring for a full season. Our defense needs to be faster and the only way to do that is plug the young guy in off the edge. I am a Harrison fan, but Im ready to move on. We talk, every season about getting younger and Tomlin needs to play the young guys. Yet when that chance comes to LB's. It goes out the window. I wasnt even a fan of the Foote deal for a couple more seasons.
    They need to get better, not necessarily younger. I believe that Harrison is still better than Worilds if healthy.

How about a rotation with Harrison and JW?
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information