Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Four players the Steelers should draft

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Four players the Steelers should draft

The Steelers should draft one of these players if any are on the board at #17.

Chance Warmack
    Johnathon Cooper
    Jarvis Jones
    Kenny Vaccaro

My Mood
    Addicted
    I like Cooper if he is there.

I don't think Jones or Womack will be there.

If all 4 are there I would go with Jones.

More than likely Cooper is our man.

I can't believe we go OL in R1 guys. We have our line set (if they don't get hurt). Gilbert, Foster, Pouncey, Decastro, Adams. We need other positions filled....end of story. We have Beachum, Malecki, Starks will be back....and we grab a OL helper for vet minimum as FA moves along. Maybe we get a prospect in later round....sort of like Beachum.

Next year we get comp picks for Wallace, Lewis and Mendenhall.

We need a WR, RB, Safety, ILB............and another WR, TE, 2nd Safety, CB, OLB and DE...lol

My Mood
    Addicted
    The OL is not set.

Rookie Free Agent Steelergolfer59's Avatar

Four players the Steelers should draft

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    The OL is not set.
    It agree especially as much as our guys get hurt but I think we have needs that are more important right now.

Eifert... Helps the OL and the WR..
    We need a TE too.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg3835 View Post
    The Steelers should draft one of these players if any are on the board at #17.

Chance Warmack
    Johnathon Cooper
    Jarvis Jones
    Kenny Vaccaro
    I'm not personally high on Vaccaro or Jones.

Vaccaro to me is solid but for a safety at pick 17 he better be a ballhawk and get turnovers, something Vaccaro is nt.

Jones I love as a pass rusher but he is poor against the run and the steelers need the olb's to play strong against the run something jones struggles with and I'm nt sure how much better he can get at tht through adding bulk were it takes something away from his speed and pass rush.

Warmack and cooper are solid picks but we need playmakers in the first, if there is none left at 17 I would be more than happy to take either if these two guys.

My 4 guys in order

Star lotulelei - the best defensive player in the draft and will dominate in any scheme. If he drops to Miami I'm on the phone offering a third trying to move up, this guy is a freak and will make other guys around him so much better.

Ziggy Ansah - this guy is a beast and has so much potential, he can play as a 5 technique or olb for the steelers and LeBeau can dial up all kinds of packages with this guy. In two years time he will be one of the better players in the league.

Alec ogle tree - great talent and will be the best ilb in the draft. This guy makes splash plays all over the place for Georgia and put him nxt to Timmons we got two guys who can run and hit. His potential is huge but he has some red flags.

Chance warmack - one of the best guard prospects for a while and you put him next to pounces and decastro, boy special things will happen. If there are no playmakers left worth value I would take this guy.

Waterboy
    I advocated a couple of weeks ago in this forum that we go for Cooper in the first (Womack will not be there-bet on it); so I agree the OL is not yet set, nor deep enough. But the dilemma we have this draft, maybe unlike a lot of previous drafts, is that we need help in so many positions (one reason getting Harrison back would be a value). On the other hand, ILB, S, WR, RB talent pools arer very rich with 2-6 round choices). I count 7 Ss under 4.6 and 9 RB under 4.7 (not that either of these posit ions is one-dimensional). In other words, we can fulfill the majority of our needs with six picks between rds 2-6 because the draft is rich in those positions.

Here's a copy and paste from a mock:

17. Pittsburgh, Kenny Vacarro, S, Texas - With both Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark on the wrong side of 30 and no backups at the position with any experience, the Steelers need help at safety. Austin would have been a serious consideration, but he's gone. Jarvis Jones also gets some consideration - if his neck checks out. Arthur Brown also has a shot here.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Eifert doesnt really help the oline, hes much more a WR than he is a blocking TE

The oline isnt set....and doom to ravens might force them to take another piece there...its damn close to being a dominant line though

Thread Information