Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arians Revenge

Bookmark and Share

Arians Revenge

The Pittsburgh Steelers hopped off the rickety Charlie Batch-Byron Leftwich express this month when they landed backup quarterback Bruce Gradkowski, but he reportedly wasn't the team's first choice.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Friday that the Steelers "really wanted" Brian Hoyer, a move that became impossible after the Arizona Cardinals slapped a second-round, $2.023 million tender on the 27-year-old passer, which he signed this week.

The Steelers were planning to sign Hoyer as a free agent after he spent part of last season on Pittsburgh's roster, according to Bouchette. Hoyer was signed in November after Ben Roethlisberger and Leftwich were injured but then released in December when cornerback Josh Victorian was promoted off the practice squad.

Few coaches have a better read on Pittsburgh's thinking than former longtime Steelers aide Bruce Arians, who -- now embedded as Arizona's head coach -- "must have known how much (the Steelers) wanted (Hoyer) back," according to Bouchette. Hence the second-round tender. Hoyer's stock was on the rise as free agency neared, and it's likely Pittsburgh would have faced competition.

Bouchette reported the Steelers are now considering taking a signal-caller in the mid-to-later rounds of next month's draft. Team brass dined with Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray before his pro day last week and general manager Kevin Colbert is on record saying a developmental passer is on the agenda as Big Ben delves deeper into his 30s.

Oh Man!! He stole Brian Hoyer... That'll show 'em!!

I still dont know what the point of this thread was...........

2nd String
    Did ya' read the story?

Seems the Steelers were interested in a certain QB. That QB signed with somebody else. So, the speculation indicates that they may take a QB in the mid-rounds of the draft. The one they had a dinner event with, Tyler Bray.

I thought it was pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    I still dont know what the point of this thread was...........

My Mood
    Pimp

Arians Revenge

How'd the dinner with Kirk Cousins work out? Just saying...

Arians Revenge

Just goes to show is fans and some beat writers don't know **** when it comes to who this team is interested in!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Alot of these "dinners" and "meetings" are due diligent stuff. Nothing more.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

The Steelers revenge to Arians was letting him have there headcase RB.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I predict a solid year by Socrates Mendenhall. He was never fully healthy last year and I think a change of venue will do him wonders. A lot of talent that we never tapped, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I predict a solid year by Socrates Mendenhall. He was never fully healthy last year and I think a change of venue will do him wonders. A lot of talent that we never tapped, for whatever reason.
    I was joking but I agree with you and change of venue will do him wonders. In fact he should be a good fantasy rb as well.

Thread Information