Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rookies who could start

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel

Rookies who could start

I think we all have wanted Rookies to get more playing time quicker in their careers. But when looking over the draft class and our team I dont think there are many kids who could win a starting spot in training camp. Unless its a TE (which is only b/c of an injury). Possibly a WR if Sanders leaves (even if they draft one #1 and Sanders stays, Id expect Sanders to start). Possibly a RB who could beat out Dwyer. Best bet is prolly an O-Lineman.

Baring Injuries of course...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

an OLB, S, WR, and DL would probably not start but could be a rotational player early even if they arent listed as "starters"

It depends on the player really...id imagine a guard, RB, TE, or MLB selected early would have a good shot at starting early on

Assistant Coach

Rookies who could start

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    an OLB, S, WR, and DL would probably not start but could be a rotational player early even if they arent listed as "starters"

It depends on the player really...id imagine a guard, RB, TE, or MLB selected early would have a good shot at starting early on
    You really think a ILB would start as a rookie?
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    You really think a ILB would start as a rookie?
    i guess it depends. If they land Teo or Arthur Brown in the second round it wouldnt surprise me for them to beat out foote. Different players, but ready to go nonetheless. I wouldnt be surprised if maybe they started half way through the season at least...but that could be said for a lot of positions

My Mood
    Impatient

Re: Rookies who could start

i guess it depends. If they land Teo or Arthur Brown in the second round it wouldnt surprise me for them to beat out foote. Different players, but ready to go nonetheless. I wouldnt be surprised if maybe they started half way through the season at least...but that could be said for a lot of positions
    I think Foote is a lock. Farrior always said it took like 3 years to for him to learn the position and he was still learning when he was cut. Timmons said after a practice at the position, it was a lot harder than he thought to learn. The only chance for an ilb to start is for Timmons to move over because Timmons position is easier to learn.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Rookie Free Agent
    Chance Warmack and Johnathon Cooper are both plug and play guards that would start for the Steelers. Lets hope one of the two are still available at pick 17.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    IMO other than a O-Lineman the only ones who could see significant PT is a high picked TE, RB and maybe a WR.

Like I said a TE only b/c of injury and still have to battle Paulson. He has held his own thus far, and they seem to be "high" on him.

A RB might push Dwyer...

I think Tavon Austin could contribute right away in dif aspects. If Sanders is still on the roster he would only be a situational/package player. If Sanders leaves someone like CP, Hunter or Allen could start but there would be a learning curve w/ CP and Hunter for sure. If Sanders leaves Id rather have Robert Woods outside the first, more well polished overall WR. Not the same "potential" as the gamble of CP, but will still produce on a NFL Roster. I like the way Allen can play physically.

*I did enjoy watching Hopkins play @ Clemson, but really dont know too much about him other than he ran in the mid 4.5's i think and doesnt have the height that is coveted by the "Ben needs a big target" guys.

I dont foresee a Def kid winning a battle anywhere:
    It looks like they are all in on Worilds rushing the passer.
    I dont see a Safety contributing much beyond STs if Troy stays healthy. Nickel will prolly be Gay. Dime back is possibly up for grabs.
    A DL, CB and ILB would strictly be picks for the future.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

i think a guy like matt elam would find his way into the lineup very quickly when troy gets hurt

cooper and warmack would be locks

a WR would be a contributor for sure, a RB would likely start

hopkins is plenty big enough

Assistant Coach
    i dont see any way either of those guys start at Buck over Foote... None. Zero.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    I think Foote is a lock. Farrior always said it took like 3 years to for him to learn the position and he was still learning when he was cut. Timmons said after a practice at the position, it was a lot harder than he thought to learn. The only chance for an ilb to start is for Timmons to move over because Timmons position is easier to learn.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2
    Timmons plays the Mack, why do you think the Mack is easier to learn? if anything, it's more difficult

Thread Information