Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones or Cordarrelle Patterson

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Pimp

Jarvis Jones or Cordarrelle Patterson

Say both are there at 17...who are you taking?!?

Assistant Coach
    Patterson 10 out of 10 times
    Return of the Banana

Id flip a coin, i tend to lead patterson though. If jarvis were to slip much further id look closely into trading up from the 2nd back into the first

To me, this is really difficult. First of, let me start by saying that I like both players, so I would be fine with either. However, if both were there my pick would be Jarvis Jones. He had a poor showing at the pro day, sure, but that is one workout which did not go well. As the case with Te'o, one poor perfomance does not wipe away multiple years worth of incredible performance. Are there question marks? Absolutely! But it would be ignorant to disregard that Jarvis Jones has been an unstoppable wrecking train in college, and judging by the video material still grades out as arguably the best pure 3-4 OLB in the draft.

As well as Jones, Patterson is intriguing, but he has his flaws as well. If people bashed Jarvis Jones pro day, they should raise a few question marks with Patterson as well. He is not a polished route-runner (not bad though), and he does drop the ball a little too often. In many ways, Patterson reminds me of a tall Santonio Holmes; get the ball in his hands and he'll do something electrifying with it. However, personally I don't even see Patterson as being the best pro ready WR in the draft. I think Justin Hunter will turn out the better player of them. Thats my personal opinion, and I could easily be mistaken, but Patterson is just not as good a prospect as he is made out to be in my book. I would not hesitate to draft him at 17, however not at the expense of Jones, who I feel like could be one of the best edge-rushers in the league in our system.

I also base this on the fact that I feel like you'll be able to pick up very good WRs in the second and third round, whereas we've had very little luck drafting OLBs in the later rounds as of late (for whatever reason).

As I said, I would be fine with either, but I'm still a believer in Jones!
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

patterson isnt pro ready, but hes gonna be a guy to put points on the board early in his career. Hes too naturally talented to keep off the field

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Patterson......But he won't be there at 17...I think he sneaks into the top 10.......

My Mood
    Fine
    Jones all day. I'd still trade back to pickup an additional pick and Jones might still be on the board.

Patterson ...

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Patterson......But he won't be there at 17...I think he sneaks into the top 10.......
    I am going to go out on a limb and say Tavon Austin goes before Patterson...

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_43 View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb and say Tavon Austin goes before Patterson...
    Al Davis is dead
    Return of the Banana

Thread Information