Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking Tyler Bray, QB, in the 2nd round?

Bookmark and Share
    I wont nothing to do with Nassib.. To me, he is a poor mans Joe Flacco which is a scary thought.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Veteran
    Good Grief. They aren't going to take a QB high in the draft. We're going into the season without our starting RB, without our starting TE and without one our top WRs; not to mention the fact that we just let one of our starting OLB go, one of our starting MILBs is old and his possible replacement may never play football again, our two safeties have a couple years left and can barely stay healthy and we lost one of our starting CBs.

So lets summarize. We need a WR, TE, RB, OLB, ILB, SS, FS, CB and people want to draft a back up QB who we hope wouldn't play for 3 or 4 years.

Waterboy

QB in the Draft

I live in Knoxville from Pittsburgh seen all Steelers Super Bowls. Blood runs Black and Gold. Bray has a great arm, all the physical ability in the world. Not evasive at all. Has a lot of growing up to go. Gets furstrated and takes himself out of a game.
    If he ever matures and take the game in stride without getting upset to the point that he takes himself totally out of a game, then he may turn out to be a starter. Third or fourth round at best I perfer the fourth. I'd use the first two picks on bpa, especially if they fill a needed area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Good Grief. They aren't going to take a QB high in the draft. We're going into the season without our starting RB, without our starting TE and without one our top WRs; not to mention the fact that we just let one of our starting OLB go, one of our starting MILBs is old and his possible replacement may never play football again, our two safeties have a couple years left and can barely stay healthy and we lost one of our starting CBs.

So lets summarize. We need a WR, TE, RB, OLB, ILB, SS, FS, CB and people want to draft a back up QB who we hope wouldn't play for 3 or 4 years.

On my other opinion, after seeing some tape. He reminds me of Cutler a lot. His mechanics, decisions at times are WTF material.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post

Spot on.

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Franchise QB are not 2nd, 3rd, 4th rd picks.......Franchise QB's are 1st rounders.......I like the kids potential pick him in the 4th rd if available groom him to be the back-up.....again Franchise QB are !st round picks....even if you follow Crash Theory(and it is possible) why would you want a mid-round future Journeyman QB......

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    Franchise QB are not 2nd, 3rd, 4th rd picks.......Franchise QB's are 1st rounders.......I like the kids potential pick him in the 4th rd if available groom him to be the back-up.....again Franchise QB are !st round picks....even if you follow Crash Theory(and it is possible) why would you want a mid-round future Journeyman QB......
    Yeah..your right. Franchise QB's are first rounders. Like Tom Brady huh?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Maybe the interview had nothing to do with Bray, maybe they were asking him about the receivers. Who better to ask about the reliability and talent of Hunter and Patterson than the guy that throws to them. If their on the fence about either one of those guys he could make the difference. It also disguises which one they could be interested in.
    Last edited by Mike Tomlin; 03-22-2013 at 09:01 AM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Re: Taking Tyler Bray, QB, in the 2nd round?

Love the thought process on that. That is a nifty smokescreen. Make it look like your focusing on the QB but in reality your picking his brain about whom he feels is the best WR

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    Love the thought process on that. That is a nifty smokescreen. Make it look like your focusing on the QB but in reality your picking his brain about whom he feels is the best WR

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2
    Kinda slick.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information