Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rolando McClain

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Impatient

Re: Rolando McClain

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Hood was used because he sat so long on the bench (another issue unto itself) that it spills over into the now catagory. Next time, take everything into account instead of just isolating what you want.

And you say we didn't pass up anything good? Really? Patrick Chung, Phil Loadholt, Paul Kruger, Sean Smith.....do you think we could have used those guys?
    Hood played right away. Smith was put on IR two years in a row. He started 9 games year two and 14 games year three and played in every game his rookie year.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Hood was used because he sat so long on the bench (another issue unto itself) that it spills over into the now catagory. Next time, take everything into account instead of just isolating what you want.
    There you go again showing your ignorance and supplying your own "facts" to support your argument. Not only did Hood play in every game his rookie year, he got increased playing time when Aaron Smith was put on IR after week 5. Smith went down again in week 6 in 2010, with Hood replacing him as the starter (Smith didn't play the rest of the regular season). In 2011, Smith was AGAIN placed on IR, this time after only 4 weeks and replaced by Hood.

He sat on the bench for so long? Really?

And he can't even hold on to the marginally talented players like Mendenhall and Wallace. And this is right NOW!! Not what he did in some draft 6-7 years ago.
    they wouldnt sign burress long term back in 05, wouldnt sign nate washington, wouldnt sign holmes...this isnt new, its infuriating to see talented #1 WRs walk out of here year after year (washington isnt in that category, neither is Randle el but both went on to get paid)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    out of curiosity, who should the steelers have drafted instead of ziggy hood?

don't get me wrong, hood sucks, but there aren't any superstars that we passed on to draft hood.
    ive thought about this a lot...i probably would have taken maualuga or darius butler myself. Butler failed in NE, but CBs go there to die so who knows.

I have always hated hood, but there just wasnt much to work with either

And you say we didn't pass up anything good? Really? Patrick Chung, Phil Loadholt, Paul Kruger, Sean Smith.....do you think we could have used those guys?
    classic hindsight. None of those guys were worth a first round pick. MAYBE loadholt. Kruger sucks against the run and was only good last season, sean smith is ok, chung is just another patriot safety that cant cover.

Hood barely sat on the bench, i ****ing wish he was on the bench

Can we focus on title please. Start another Colbert thread if you guys want to argue.

Thread Information