Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 44 of 44

Thread: Rolando McClain

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #41
    Starter cmerrifield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wilmore KY
    Posts
    1,662
    My Mood
    Impatient

    Re: Rolando McClain

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Hood was used because he sat so long on the bench (another issue unto itself) that it spills over into the now catagory. Next time, take everything into account instead of just isolating what you want.

    And you say we didn't pass up anything good? Really? Patrick Chung, Phil Loadholt, Paul Kruger, Sean Smith.....do you think we could have used those guys?
    Hood played right away. Smith was put on IR two years in a row. He started 9 games year two and 14 games year three and played in every game his rookie year.

    sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

  2. #42
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Hood was used because he sat so long on the bench (another issue unto itself) that it spills over into the now catagory. Next time, take everything into account instead of just isolating what you want.
    There you go again showing your ignorance and supplying your own "facts" to support your argument. Not only did Hood play in every game his rookie year, he got increased playing time when Aaron Smith was put on IR after week 5. Smith went down again in week 6 in 2010, with Hood replacing him as the starter (Smith didn't play the rest of the regular season). In 2011, Smith was AGAIN placed on IR, this time after only 4 weeks and replaced by Hood.

    He sat on the bench for so long? Really?

  3. #43
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    And he can't even hold on to the marginally talented players like Mendenhall and Wallace. And this is right NOW!! Not what he did in some draft 6-7 years ago.
    they wouldnt sign burress long term back in 05, wouldnt sign nate washington, wouldnt sign holmes...this isnt new, its infuriating to see talented #1 WRs walk out of here year after year (washington isnt in that category, neither is Randle el but both went on to get paid)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    out of curiosity, who should the steelers have drafted instead of ziggy hood?

    don't get me wrong, hood sucks, but there aren't any superstars that we passed on to draft hood.
    ive thought about this a lot...i probably would have taken maualuga or darius butler myself. Butler failed in NE, but CBs go there to die so who knows.

    I have always hated hood, but there just wasnt much to work with either


    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Hood was used because he sat so long on the bench (another issue unto itself) that it spills over into the now catagory. Next time, take everything into account instead of just isolating what you want.

    And you say we didn't pass up anything good? Really? Patrick Chung, Phil Loadholt, Paul Kruger, Sean Smith.....do you think we could have used those guys?
    classic hindsight. None of those guys were worth a first round pick. MAYBE loadholt. Kruger sucks against the run and was only good last season, sean smith is ok, chung is just another patriot safety that cant cover.

    Hood barely sat on the bench, i ****ing wish he was on the bench

  4. #44
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,315
    Can we focus on title please. Start another Colbert thread if you guys want to argue.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rolando McClain
    By JollyRob68 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-08-2013, 09:47 PM
  2. Rolando McClain anybody???
    By cbrunn in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 11:37 AM
  3. McClain to be fined... Update, McClain & Ngata both fined
    By RIVERS OF STEEL in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 12:13 PM
  4. Either McClain or Thomas will be available at #18
    By tburg68 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 02:22 PM
  5. Here's a new name....Le'ron McClain, fullback
    By BlackGold4vr in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 08:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •