Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rolando McClain

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy
    Steeler Program Featuring Chuck Finder!

April 24 from 6:30 to 8:15
    Steelers Tailgate Party, followed by lecture and book signing
    Calling all Steelers fans! Come to Peters Township Public Library to meet Chuck Finder, author of The Steelers Encyclopedia. Chuck Finder was a sportswriter and columnist for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for 25 years covering the Steelers in Super Bowls XXX, XL, and XLIII. He will be sharing Steelers history through first-hand accounts! To “kick off” this special event we will be having a Tailgate Party IN THE LIBRARY! There will be lots of fun for the whole family! Call the library to learn more and register for this event!

Quote Originally Posted by LASVEGASGUY View Post
    That's true. However, we were drafting much better under Cowher. We totally suck under Tomlin. We either need to hit 3 homeruns in a row the next 3 drafts or we have to become major players in free agency to fix this team.
    Ditto. FA is needed this year for sure... We draft seven maybe 2 will play. We need 4 or 5 upgrades fast.

Rookie Free Agent Steelergolfer59's Avatar

Rolando McClain

I could be over exaggerating here but I saw if we don't get it done within the next three years I say blow this team up including coach and GM and start fresh with a QB. I mean don't get me wrong I love Ben and the team. But maybe it's time for a change. I HATE when I hear announcers say "they need to get back to Steeler football" meaning run it. That was back in the day. We need to evolve with the game and I thought we were with Ben but they still somehow find a way to run it. I mean how many times have we seen them drive down the field throwing like crazy and moving the ball than we get to about the 30 and it's run, run, incomplete, field goal. It pisses me off. I'm kind of going off but we need a change whether its draft or FA. And it needs to happen within a couple years. Who knows maybe that's what the Rat Birds are doing. Blowing the team up and starting fresh. Building for the future instead of the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelergolfer59 View Post
    I could be over exaggerating here but I saw if we don't get it done within the next three years I say blow this team up including coach and GM and start fresh with a QB. I mean don't get me wrong I love Ben and the team. But maybe it's time for a change. I HATE when I hear announcers say "they need to get back to Steeler football" meaning run it. That was back in the day. We need to evolve with the game and I thought we were with Ben but they still somehow find a way to run it. I mean how many times have we seen them drive down the field throwing like crazy and moving the ball than we get to about the 30 and it's run, run, incomplete, field goal. It pisses me off. I'm kind of going off but we need a change whether its draft or FA. And it needs to happen within a couple years. Who knows maybe that's what the Rat Birds are doing. Blowing the team up and starting fresh. Building for the future instead of the present.
    3 superbowl appearances in 8 years and you want to blow the team up after 2 down-ish seasons? in the last 13 years theres been the patriots (5), colts (2), ravens (2), steelers(3), and raiders(1) as the AFC representative in the superbowl...do you know how many teams would KILL for that kind of success......such a spoiled, overly dramatic fan base we have. Franchise QB in the prime of his career, foundation of a top oline, and a defense constantly in the top 5 in stats.

Some things need tweaking, some pieces need upgrading, some players need to be outed but blowing the team up is insane, we arent even flirting with being on the cusp of that type of mentality

Rookie Free Agent Steelergolfer59's Avatar

Rolando McClain

I'm not talking right away. I'm saying give it 2-3 years and if it stays like this or gets worse why not take a different direction?

Rolando McClain

Article I just read:

THURSDAY, MARCH 21, 2013

The sky is not falling
    Fans tend to look at things in a vacuum. They are so intent on what's going on with their favorite team that they don't look around at what's happening with everyone else.

And that's what we've had the past couple of weeks with the Steelers, who have released Willie Colon and James Harrison and lost Mike Wallace and Keenan Lewis in free agency.

Depending on who you listen to, the Steelers are looking at having the first-overall pick in next year's draft to being so bad that everyone in the front office and on the coaching staff will be fired.

But when you look at what's happened to the Steelers - none of which was a surprise - it pales in comparison with what's going on in Baltimore.

With Ed Reed's signing with Houston Wednesday, the Ravens are now down eight starters. Eight!

And we're not even close to being done with free agency at this point.

Cincinnati, despite having a ton of salary cap space, has lost linebacker Manny Lawson without making any significant upgrades.

Meanwhile in Cleveland, the Browns have been active in free agency, but are still lacking in the most important position on the field, quarterback.

The bottom line is that nothing happens in a vacuum. And there will be other moves made both in free agency and in the draft.

There's several months for things to play out, including the all-important draft.

Dale Lolley at 12:33 PM

No comments:
    Post a Comment
    Links to this post
    Create a Link

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    3 superbowl appearances in 8 years and you want to blow the team up after 2 down-ish seasons? in the last 13 years theres been the patriots (5), colts (2), ravens (2), steelers(3), and raiders(1) as the AFC representative in the superbowl...do you know how many teams would KILL for that kind of success......such a spoiled, overly dramatic fan base we have. Franchise QB in the prime of his career, foundation of a top oline, and a defense constantly in the top 5 in stats.

Some things need tweaking, some pieces need upgrading, some players need to be outed but blowing the team up is insane, we arent even flirting with being on the cusp of that type of mentality

You need to take the Steelers colored glasses off. This team is clearly the lowest of the low in the NFL. THE bottomfeeder . We have a FO, GM, and headcoach that have never proven the ability to field a competitive team or, God forbid, win football games. This team will never, ever be a contender. Ever...

People like you can't see this because you have the audacity to be a reasonable, realistic, knowledgable fan...

Smdh...

What does SMDH mean?

sheesh my dick hurts

or shakin my damn head....either one, its up for interpretation

Rolando McClain

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    sheesh my dick hurts

or shakin my damn head....either one, its up for interpretation
    Thanks!

Thread Information