Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: Rolando McClain

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #31
    Rookie Free Agent Steelergolfer59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    133

    Rolando McClain

    This is getting weird...

  2. #32
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,029
    Why not bring him into camp? Just see what the kid has left. Maybe he needs new scenary. Dont sign him for a lot and see what he has to offer. Everyone though Asumough would be golden as an Eagle and look how he turned out for them, Maybe it could be vice-verso for McClain., I dont know, Im an optimist and had a pretty damn good day lol

  3. #33
    Veteran connecticutsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    southern connecticut
    Posts
    2,703
    My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    You need to take the Steelers colored glasses off. This team is clearly the lowest of the low in the NFL. THE bottomfeeder . We have a FO, GM, and headcoach that have never proven the ability to field a competitive team or, God forbid, win football games. This team will never, ever be a contender. Ever...

    People like you can't see this because you have the audacity to be a reasonable, realistic, knowledgable fan...

    Smdh...
    Colbert was responsible for 2 superbowl teams with 2 head coaches the Steelers regular season record since he has been GM is 127-64-1 and 12-5 since 2000 in the playoffs including 2 super bowls hardly bottom feeders

  4. #34
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,257
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Colbert was responsible for 2 superbowl teams with 2 head coaches the Steelers regular season record since he has been GM is 127-64-1 and 12-5 since 2000 in the playoffs including 2 super bowls hardly bottom feeders
    please see the sarcasm oozing out of that post

  5. #35
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,576
    Love it.

    Love how guys justify current bad behavior by spouting off stuff in the past. Again...I don't care about the electricity bill you paid in 2008. If you don't pay the electricity bill in 2013, guess what happens???

    Colbert is not getting the job done NOW! Bad drafting like Ziggy Hood as of late is what's going on NOW! And when you don't use free agency, it magnifies the problem. You can't afford numerous misses when your franchise doesn't use free agency.

    We have massive talent shortages all around this team now. At WR, at LB, at DT, at RB, at CB, at SS, and the O-line players (like Adams) are suspect. And your going to talk about what Colbert did 6 years ago?? Please. With all the talent shortages I just laid out, what has he done lately????????
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  6. #36
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,576
    And he can't even hold on to the marginally talented players like Mendenhall and Wallace. And this is right NOW!! Not what he did in some draft 6-7 years ago.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  7. #37
    Starter Raleigh Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,342
    My Mood
    Mellow
    out of curiosity, who should the steelers have drafted instead of ziggy hood?

    don't get me wrong, hood sucks, but there aren't any superstars that we passed on to draft hood.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

  8. #38
    Draft Pick USMC607's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    493

    Re: Rolando McClain

    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    out of curiosity, who should the steelers have drafted instead of ziggy hood?

    don't get me wrong, hood sucks, but there aren't any superstars that we passed on to draft hood.
    Ugh... i just checked just to see myself and my word 2009 was a subpar draft in general. I agree we didnt really pass up nething great in place of him.

    Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

  9. #39
    Starter cmerrifield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wilmore KY
    Posts
    1,662
    My Mood
    Impatient

    Re: Rolando McClain

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Love it.

    Love how guys justify current bad behavior by spouting off stuff in the past. Again...I don't care about the electricity bill you paid in 2008. If you don't pay the electricity bill in 2013, guess what happens???

    Colbert is not getting the job done NOW! Bad drafting like Ziggy Hood as of late is what's going on NOW! And when you don't use free agency, it magnifies the problem. You can't afford numerous misses when your franchise doesn't use free agency.

    We have massive talent shortages all around this team now. At WR, at LB, at DT, at RB, at CB, at SS, and the O-line players (like Adams) are suspect. And your going to talk about what Colbert did 6 years ago?? Please. With all the talent shortages I just laid out, what has he done lately????????
    I love that we can't use the past drafts in favor of Colbert, but you can use it to complain. Hood was a long time ago, so go pay your current electricity bill now. Colbert gives the HC some freedom in drafting and Tomlin had a learning curve. So sure 08 and 09 were bad, but our drafts are getting better. So lets just see what happens this year and see if the upward trend continues

    sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

  10. #40
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,576
    Hood was used because he sat so long on the bench (another issue unto itself) that it spills over into the now catagory. Next time, take everything into account instead of just isolating what you want.

    And you say we didn't pass up anything good? Really? Patrick Chung, Phil Loadholt, Paul Kruger, Sean Smith.....do you think we could have used those guys?
    Last edited by Real Deal Steel; 03-22-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rolando McClain
    By JollyRob68 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-08-2013, 09:47 PM
  2. Rolando McClain anybody???
    By cbrunn in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 11:37 AM
  3. McClain to be fined... Update, McClain & Ngata both fined
    By RIVERS OF STEEL in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 12:13 PM
  4. Either McClain or Thomas will be available at #18
    By tburg68 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 02:22 PM
  5. Here's a new name....Le'ron McClain, fullback
    By BlackGold4vr in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 08:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •