Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The true beginning of the end

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by North Steel View Post
    Total Horse ****. 1-more ways for the ref's to fu*kup or throw a game.2-let's pay these fu*ks (players) ridiculous money to play a pussified sport and jack up ticket prices to watch this bunch of ****. Is there no way of getting rid of this fu*king idiot
    Yep. Goodall is fixing it up real well so he can decide who's going to win the championship every year.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    My second ... They barely ever see holding on Brady's OL even though you know hes passing...
    Then they see a two second hold on our OL "Colon".

They barely can call and see holding correctly, now throw in these judgement helmut hits.. And how far into the open field does this penalty come into affect??? Was the Guard holding?? was the runner lowering is head wrong?? or lowering it too late into the run??? After he gains 4 yards ??? 8 yards?? The running game is doomed.. which is exactly what they want.
    This.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Brilliant ^^^^ LOL

I woulnd't say this is the beginning of the end, but it's certainly going to take something from the game.

My worry with this rule is how to determine if something was done with intent or not. Imagine a runner diving for the goal line and in his effort to get across the line leaps like a torpedo that hits someone with his crown. Ie he sticks it in to get over the line and then a flag ensues..

Also how is a runner going to tell if he's " outside the box " where this is illegal ? Does the box include 20 yards downfield when he's 1on1 v the saftey ?

I get what the league is trying to do but can't see how they can effciently and consistantly enforce this rule.

And as a Brit who's played rugby most of his adult life.. this is funny direction the league is going

This is the beginning of the slippery slope..It will be easier then ever to fix games games now. A team with a mean mother at running back, that you don't want to win...what do you do? You make a bullshit lowering of the helmet call to back that team up. No questions ask because it's so subjective.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    It is probably safe to say, Rodger you can kiss my *** goodbye Oh, I may occasionally tune in to hear a score but, my enthusiasm for anything NFL is totally gone. Thanks *******. Newbs you really missed something in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Like NASCAR and every other action sport in America that is all gone now. The fn weenies have taken over (actually, I believe the money has really done this). The only way to get it back is. Well, read your history on that one. Adios Amigo, been a real fine ride up until now.

And their fans.

I suspect they'll lose me too in about two years at the rate their making changes. Next they'll make all QB wear a red jersey so no one can touch them on the field. I'm expecting that deal to go next off-season.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Goodell knows, no matter how much he changes the game that people will still come to the stadiums. They'll still watch it on TV. Sure the fans will complain and throw a fit but ultimately the NFL isn't going to lose money. In fact he'll argue the NFL is ever growing, especially now that he wants to expand into London, Europe, and wherever else he can in the future. Hell I wouldn't doubt that they'll be an NFL team in Canada at some point.

Honestly, it would take a monumental effort by the fans to not show up at games or tune in on Sunday's for the NFL to ever even consider doing anything. Since we know that will NEVER happen, we either just want and deal with change we may not like or we stop watching. Even a mass coupe on just one Sunday wouldn't do any good. It would have to be for an entire season where stadiums show monster decreases in attendance and TV ratings go down by at least 50%.

Again, it won't happen because there are too many casual fans that go to games, and too many casual fans that watch on TV. Combine that with those fans that do like the changes and you can see that lord Goodell can do whatever he wants.

I know it would never happen, but a yearly panel of fans that could meet with the commissioner and other NFL executives several times a season, to voice their opinions wouldn't be a bad idea. Not something like these lame town halls where Goodell just fields random questions and blows off the serious inquiries with political rhetoric either.

For me, honestly, there are times when I seriously consider stop watching because of how the team is doing or how the league is changing but every year I come back. Maybe I some point I won't but I couldn't say for sure either way.

Lawyers, Money, Stupid Lawsuits allowed by Butt Hole Judges...

If you sign a paper that says you wont sue for a head injury.. the judge needs to say, no matter what stupid story you have mr. lawyer it wont work, he signed the agreement.

Like why does a ladder cost so much, if you fall off.. you sue the ladder company? the judge should say screw you. you climbed it and you fell off.

If i get a ski lift ticket and run into a tree or fall off the lift. You should not be able to sue..

Unless of course the lift falls apart, the ladder actually breaks apart, the coach tells the player to play without a helmut?

But the lawyers and money to be made will turn the whole country into a bunch of do nothings...

Thread Information