Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The true beginning of the end

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    There you go. Much like holding, which can be called on every single play, it will be called when blatant. Bo Jackson's run was clean because he led with his shoulder pad and "hairline" into the defender.

Probably get 2 or 3 calls per game, that's my guess.
    id bet more like 2-3 a week...

they refs are going to be super discretionary about it due to the ridiculous "ZOMG THE NFL IS ENDING" reaction.

It's meant to be a protective rule.

people can chill out
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    If the nflpa would take care of the retired players, none of this would be happening.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    "The beginning of the end" is a little dramatic. Like it or not, they are trying to make the game as safe as possible for everyone involved. The NFL is not going anywhere. You'll still watch the Steelers every Sunday, and so will I. And millions of others will watch their favorite team every Sunday.
    I'm not being dramatic in the least. And you are soooooo wrong because if they turn the NFL into flag/Arena league football , I can assure you, I won't be watching anymore and I won't be alone. I watch the game for all the aspects it has. Not just scoring. I love a safety laying a bone jarring hit on a receiver. I love the violent aspect as well as a ball gently settling into a receivers hands on a
    Long pass. If I wanted no physicality in my football, I could go to the park and watch flag football.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Pimp

The true beginning of the end

They reviewed every play in Week 10 and Week 16 from last season and found 5 instances in Week 10 and 6 in Week 16...

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I'm not being dramatic in the least. And you are soooooo wrong because if they turn the NFL into flag/Arena league football , I can assure you, I won't be watching anymore and I won't be alone.
    Not in the least? "The beginning of the end"?
    And it's not turning into flag football by any means, they are just trying to make the game safer. There's no stopping that. Accept it or stop watching the NFL. The rule changes are going to keep coming, people have to get over it. No matter what you decide to do on Sundays, I assure you the NFL will survive... it's bigger, making more money, and more popular than ever. Oh yeah and it's only expanding.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

People are acting like all helmet hits will be penalties. The only thing you cannot do, which you can now, is you cannot hit someone with the crown of the helmet, without leading with anything else. Honestly, that is only fair. Not only is it dangerous to lead with the crown for other people, its also dangerous for yourself. You can still hit them with the helmet as long as you do it to protect yourself, and as long as you look up and know what you are doing.

They are really just going to throw a flag if you do something which a player should never do in the first place; you are not in a good place to protect the ball or yourself if you look down into the grass while ramming into someone.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Pimp

The true beginning of the end

I don't think everyone realizes what the crown of the helmet is either...

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Not in the least? "The beginning of the end"?
    And it's not turning into flag football by any means, they are just trying to make the game safer. There's no stopping that. Accept it or stop watching the NFL. The rule changes are going to keep coming, people have to get over it. No matter what you decide to do on Sundays, I assure you the NFL will survive... it's bigger, making more money, and more popular than ever. Oh yeah and it's only expanding.
    You'll see. The NFL is not as invincible as you think. This constant watering down of the game will have a negative effect down the line. Nothing is as invincible as it is propped up to be. It's a slippery slope that they are on.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

I know it sounds crazy, and I am half joking, but if they brought back leather helmets with no facemask, I'm pretty sure players on offense or defense would no longer lead with their head.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    I know it sounds crazy, and I am half joking, but if they brought back leather helmets with no facemask, I'm pretty sure players on offense or defense would no longer lead with their head.
    ding ding. winner...

Thread Information