Thread: I know Tomlin NEVER lives in a hypothetical world, but

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

Question I know Tomlin NEVER lives in a hypothetical world, but

Assuming Emanny is gone. Would you trade up to 8 to get Jarvis? I have a major man crush on him this year and every mock I look at or attempt myself I dont see us getting a star player at 17. Heres the delio..

Our 1st,3rd,(pats)3rd,5th or 1st,2nd
    Buffalos 1st aka JARVIS MUTHA ... JONES

2 points in closing..

1.. I never like trading up normally, but it worked for us with Troy and Tone and who would want a 2nd or 3rd over those two.
    2.. I think 8 is where wee would ened to go. I could see the jets grabbing Jones at 9. It will be a little pay back for the Revis year.

Thoughts?!??!?

Assistant Coach
    #8 = 1300

#17 = 950
    #79 = 195
    #91 = 136 (from NE)
    #176 = 21
    = 1302

But I would Draft Cordarelle Patterson WR
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

Rookie Free Agent Steelergolfer59's Avatar

I know Tomlin NEVER lives in a hypothetical world, but

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    #8 = 1300

#17 = 950
    #79 = 195
    #91 = 136 (from NE)
    #176 = 21
    = 1302

But I would Draft Cordarelle Patterson WR
    But would it be worth it to trade that many picks to get Patterson. I understand the dude is a stud but the WR class is deep this year. I mean IMO we have more holes to fill than just a WR. And I feel by giving up all those picks we may not take advantage of the opportunities that may be placed on front of us.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelergolfer59 View Post
    But would it be worth it to trade that many picks to get Patterson. I understand the dude is a stud but the WR class is deep this year. I mean IMO we have more holes to fill than just a WR. And I feel by giving up all those picks we may not take advantage of the opportunities that may be placed on front of us.
    There is nothing more important than adding a big time playmaker in the passing game. Nothing remotely close.

A deep draft class is nice... but deep draft classes are usually made up of lots of Brian Quick's and Michael Jenkin's and Limas Sweed's.

Patterson is far and away the best skill position offensive player in the draft... and the runners up aren't even close

Rookie Free Agent Steelergolfer59's Avatar

There is nothing more important than adding a big time playmaker in the passing game. Nothing remotely close.

A deep draft class is nice... but deep draft classes are usually made up of lots of Brian Quick's and Michael Jenkin's and Limas Sweed's.

Patterson is far and away the best skill position offensive player in the draft... and the runners up aren't even close
    Touché. Point well taken.

sweed was an awesome prospect. He should have been great.

this team isnt afraid to trade up, i expect them to dabble with the idea of it again this year if theres a guy they really want. It might be the year to trade up and grab patterson or jones, then maybe even trade up to grab hunter if they miss out on patterson. The only way im ok with trading down is to get an extra first next year and an extra second this year....cough cardinals cough

they need quality picks, not a **** load of mid rounders....difference makers are whats lacking on the steelers, not role players

Assistant Coach

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    they need quality picks, not a **** load of mid rounders....difference makers are whats lacking on the steelers, not role players
    ^ this x10

There are a lot of "trade down"ers on this board, it's a frighteningly ignorant contingent

ideal trade down scenerio thats not getting the cardinals 2013 2nd and 2014 first would be if they fail to trade up for jones, patterson, mingo, or jordan they trade down in the first and get hunter and then trade up in the second and get okafor (or vice versa) but to me trading down is so risky unless you need a ton of depth or plan on reaching for someone you KNOW is gonna be there (like the eagles in trading down and taking kolb)

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ideal trade down scenerio thats not getting the cardinals 2013 2nd and 2014 first would be if they fail to trade up for jones, patterson, mingo, or jordan they trade down in the first and get hunter and then trade up in the second and get okafor (or vice versa) but to me trading down is so risky unless you need a ton of depth or plan on reaching for someone you KNOW is gonna be there (like the eagles in trading down and taking kolb)
    it depends who else is available... like you said, we need impact players... i wouldn't trade away from a stud that slips even if he's not at the critical need position (wr)

for example... in the mock draft game... i took Star Lotulelei... he fell

Thread Information