Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: well lets not get too excited but....bradshaw

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_43 View Post
    The same guy that reported Sanders signed an offer with the Steelers!!
    me or Dulac?

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Dulac :P

My Mood
    Addicted
    ahh, yeah I saw this on the AFC North tab on ESPN...wouldn't mind having Bradshaw, but really not surprised that nothing is coming of this (supposedly)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I disagree. Let's rewatch the preseason from his rookie year. He has REAL 1 cut skill. He's a real fit in Bicknrll's ZBS

I'd rather have a depth/spell back who fits the scheme.

Reality is we need both Free agent and draft help at the position. (not 1st round)

I'd like:
    Starter : Bradshaw
    Spell : batch and draft pick
    Short : redman
    get that **** out of here, just because haley and bicknell like ZBS and want to incorporate it into the offense you cant just pencil them in as the 2005 denver broncos. Hes a nice kid and an awesome blogger but he has no place in the NFL. Very little known about him playin in that TT offense where they ran the ball a whole 3% of the time and it looked like he could be a decent 3rd down back in that he could catch and block decent but he has shown nothing.

Id like
    Starter: Stepfan Taylor/Giovanni Bernard
    Backup: Felix Jones
    Short/spell: Dwyer...because he didnt stall on signing his tender

Thats uprooting the running game almost all together, but redman is seriously a waste of a roster spot and dwyer hasnt shown much to make the steelers re-invest in him

I would honestly rather pursue selvin young or steve slaton than baron batch, if you want one of the tiny one cut runners might as well get one worth a damn.

If they successfully implement ZBS and move primarily to that (they havent really indicated that they would) then lets not pretend theres a whole lot separating dwyer from a guy like alfred morris if the system is executed right. Morris isnt some surreal talent that shanahan miraculously came around...just another product of the system. Selvin Young, Tatum Bell, Mike Bell, Mike Anderson...none are special, and morris was no exception

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_43 View Post
    For 490K, he is a good special teamer
    yeah well so was carey davis, gary russell, and frank summers. They cant just play ST because f we need a RB, batch isnt that guy

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    get that **** out of here, just because haley and bicknell like ZBS and want to incorporate it into the offense you cant just pencil them in as the 2005 denver broncos.
    I don't know what gave you the idea that I was making such a presumption

Hes a nice kid and an awesome blogger but he has no place in the NFL. Very little known about him playin in that TT offense where they ran the ball a whole 3% of the time and it looked like he could be a decent 3rd down back in that he could catch and block decent but he has shown nothing.
    So you remember him lighting up a good Mich St Defense in the Alamo Bowl?
    Or when he blew apart a top 10 defense in Oklahoma?

And you know he has 4.4 speed?

And you know everything on tape shows a 1 cut runner who is decisive and quick?

Batch has done NOTHING in the NFL... but that shouldn't be part of the evaluation at this point. He spent 1 year on IR, and another year as a depth back behind 2-3 other guys.

I think you'll be surprised if he gets a chance (happens a lot with RBs in the NFL doesn't it?)

Id like
    Starter: Stepfan Taylor/Giovanni Bernard
    Backup: Felix Jones
    Short/spell: Dwyer...because he didnt stall on signing his tender
    that would be nice too

Thats uprooting the running game almost all together, but redman is seriously a waste of a roster spot and dwyer hasnt shown much to make the steelers re-invest in him
    Redman has one of the best 3rd and short conversion rates in the NFL... He's not a waste of a roster spot.

I would honestly rather pursue selvin young or steve slaton than baron batch, if you want one of the tiny one cut runners might as well get one worth a damn.
    So the guys who have been given a chance are "worth a damn"... but the guy who hasn't is garbage... your not demonstrating much forsight

If they successfully implement ZBS and move primarily to that (they havent really indicated that they would) then lets not pretend theres a whole lot separating dwyer from a guy like alfred morris if the system is executed right. Morris isnt some surreal talent that shanahan miraculously came around...just another product of the system. Selvin Young, Tatum Bell, Mike Bell, Mike Anderson...none are special, and morris was no exception
    whoa... i think there is a monumental difference between morris and dwyer
    Ii'd love to bring in a bunch of tape here... but i'll go with "indicators" for times sake

the 3 main indicators I'm looking at for a zone RB when it comes to the underwear olympics are :
    1. The 20 yard shuttle - Demonstrates change of direction quickness
    Morris : 4.19
    Dwyer : 4.67 (worst in his combine class)
    Batch : 4.32

2. 3 Cone - Agility, ease of movement, cut back ability
    Morris : 7.01
    Dwyer : 7.56 (worst in his combine class)
    Batch : 7.03

3. Broadjump - explosion
    Morris : 117
    Dwyer : 107
    Batch : 126

People laugh at the value provided in the combine. But Alfred Morris is a perfect example of why the combine matters, and why taking the results seriously (along with the tape), can help in producing Gems.

What's interesting is that you think that these ZBS RBs are "nothing special", yet you don't want a RB who fits the system (Batch)... but instead want a back who is a terrible fit (Dwyer)
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 03-19-2013 at 09:48 AM.
    Return of the Banana

i didnt realize dwyers #s were so poor, he was wildly out of shape at the combine if i remember....a bad trend with him

and no, batch is theoretically a good fit for the system that is supposedly being implemented in that he looks the part. I know all about his good combine numbers, it just isnt translating on the field. Id be very (pleasantly) surprised if he has any kind of a future in the league

Batch is a sideline cheerleader, that's all! He's the guy that is always there to pat a player on the *** or helmet when they come off... As of right now this team has no starting RB!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i didnt realize dwyers #s were so poor, he was wildly out of shape at the combine if i remember....a bad trend with him

and no, batch is theoretically a good fit for the system that is supposedly being implemented in that he looks the part. I know all about his good combine numbers, it just isnt translating on the field. Id be very (pleasantly) surprised if he has any kind of a future in the league
    and that's all im saying...
    Return of the Banana

@AdamSchefter: Former Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw is visiting the Steelers on Wednesday.

Let's hope he doesnt leave without a contract...

well lets not get too excited but....bradshaw

Report: Ahmad Bradshaw to visit with Steelers

By Dan Hanzus

Published: March 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM PDT

Modified: March 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM PDT

Ahmad Bradshaw has been a bystander during the free agency carousel to this point. That might be about to change.

CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora reported Tuesday that the Pittsburgh Steelers expect to host Bradshaw for a visit this week.

If healthy, Bradshaw would be a perfect fit for a Steelers team in need of some fresh talent in the backfield. But health is the big issue. La Canfora reported that the Steelers plan to explore his health and medicals following Bradshaw's latest foot surgery.

Wary of a bad medical report sabotaging his attempts to catch on with a team, Bradshaw chose to wait on visiting teams until his foot was further along. Bradshaw represents a potential steal in free agency who would fit well with Pittsburgh's offensive scheme.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus .
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information