Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: well lets not get too excited but....bradshaw

Bookmark and Share
    woodley came in to camp in great shape last season...it was the nagging injuries last year, not the overweight (at least not initially)

I'm all for them signing Bradshaw but still think the future starter needs to be drafted this year. 3rd feels about right! Ps. if they do sign him can we get him to wear number 12 ?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    woodley came in to camp in great shape last season...it was the nagging injuries last year, not the overweight (at least not initially)
    And Dwyer didn't get injured during the season? Exactly my point. Woodley gets a pass. Before injury one, Woodley was ineffective. Why? Because he wasn't in shape. His own teammate said it. And other teammates chastised the whistle blower for saying things that he should have kept "in house".
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Woodley gets a free pass? You must not read this board as often as I thought. Woodley came into camp in the best shape he's been in while. He got hurt and then his weight became an issue. Everyone (outside of me and maybe a couple others) have been bashing the **** out of him for months.
    Last edited by Big T; 03-18-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Woodley will be fine it's the other side that worries the **** out of me!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    And Dwyer didn't get injured during the season? Exactly my point. Woodley gets a pass. Before injury one, Woodley was ineffective. Why? Because he wasn't in shape. His own teammate said it. And other teammates chastised the whistle blower for saying things that he should have kept "in house".
    But Woodley has at least delivered in the past, more than Dwyer can say. And for the record, that is no defense of Woodley. Playing well, getting the big contract, and then getting a little soft happens. It should not, but does. Coming into camp out of shape when you have never done anything of notoriety is a far bigger warning flag.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    But Woodley has at least delivered in the past, more than Dwyer can say. And for the record, that is no defense of Woodley. Playing well, getting the big contract, and then getting a little soft happens. It should not, but does. Coming into camp out of shape when you have never done anything of notoriety is a far bigger warning flag.
    This.

My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    This doesn't excite me.

Yawn.............
    This^

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I agree Woodley has delivered in the past. No doubt. In a biiiig way. But I"m not a slave to the past. I don't care about the water bill that got paid last month; if you don't pay the water bill THIS MONTH, guess what? They turn it off! And you can't say, " Well I paid the water all the previous 38 months"..they don't care.

Let's get the O-line together. Then, let's see what shape Dwyer comes in. Then we can assess. But if the FO managed to get Lacey somehow in this draft, I"d get behind it 120 percent too. But there is waaaaaaaaay too little talk about the O-line and the conditioning aspect of it. I just don't believe an O-line that gets wiped out three years in a row is a coincidence.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I agree Woodley has delivered in the past. No doubt. In a biiiig way. But I"m not a slave to the past. I don't care about the water bill that got paid last month; if you don't pay the water bill THIS MONTH, guess what? They turn it off! And you can't say, " Well I paid the water all the previous 38 months"..they don't care.

Let's get the O-line together. Then, let's see what shape Dwyer comes in. Then we can assess. But if the FO managed to get Lacey somehow in this draft, I"d get behind it 120 percent too. But there is waaaaaaaaay too little talk about the O-line and the conditioning aspect of it. I just don't believe an O-line that gets wiped out three years in a row is a coincidence.
    now that i think about it you are backpedalling a little bit...well a lot.

Last year you were so for dwyer and how uber talented he was and was going to clearly rise above the pack as the best back and just be dominant....now you still are kind of saying that but we have to "assess the oline" first lol

Dwyer is ok, ive always liked him, but hes come below where i had him pegged by now. Hes not even above guys like shonn greene as a starter and i wouldnt take greene if they gave him to us for free, RB needs to be upgraded, the oline will be able to block for a better back. No we dont have an oline that can make any RB look good, but we definitely dont have an oline that is gonna make a good back look bad.

Redman is just as terrible as hes always been...funny to see how the board and fanbase in general has turned against that bum...you know who you are

Thread Information