Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Ben

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrior Fan View Post
    Home Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Buffalo, Miami, Chicago, Detroit,
    Tennessee
    Away Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, New England, N.Y. Jets, Green Bay,
    Minnesota, Oakland

You show me where we are going to win 6 games? I will give you a split with Cleveland, NYJ , Vikings, and the Lions. Other than that we may squeak out one more game. As things stand now I really see us going 5-11. Way too many holes that will have to be filled by rookies. I honestly hope that I am wrong, I am usually optimistic as I predicted 12-4 last year. But this years team will NOT be as good as last years. And of course we will have to endure another year of Tomlins poor play calling and zero timeouts in the last 8 minutes of every game.
    Let's not be so melodramatic...we do NOT have "way too many holes that will have to be filled by rookies"... We have capable starters on the roster at every position outside of RB, one receiver, and ROLB. Depth is the issue with this team. We don't have the future guy at positions like FS, SS, Buck LB, etc... but we have capable starters there at the very least for one more year. And there's a possibility they might sign someone like Bradshaw to temporarily fill the hole at RB.

This team beat Baltimore, in Baltimore, with Charlie Batch, No Mendenhall, and no help from Wallace so lets not try to say the loss of those guys makes such a difference for that game specifically. And let's not forget that at the moment, the Ravens are a much, MUCH worse team than they were last year. Talk about holes that need to be filled... Go check out that team in Baltimore.

With a healthy Ben this team has a shot in any game.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    With a healthy Ben? Right there your asking a lot considering the last two years.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Why? Because Ben had a freak injury that hasn't been seen in the sports world in years?

NO....I said the last two years. That O-line has allowed Ben to be pummeled. Granted..his holding onto the ball too long is a major contributing factor too.

Remember, what Cleavland did to Ben two years ago, then we had to go into Denver with Ben playing on one leg. Gutsy performance but still it was painful to watch.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    With a healthy Ben? Right there your asking a lot considering the last two years.
    Derive comfort from the possibility that we'll get Jonathan Cooper in the first round. If we make that move, we'll give Ben an amazing front for the rest of his career. The other pieces he needs will come too.

The QB protectors & rushers will get us to #7.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BstripeYpaint View Post
    Derive comfort from the possibility that we'll get Jonathan Cooper in the first round. If we make that move, we'll give Ben an amazing front for the rest of his career. The other pieces he needs will come too.

The QB protectors & rushers will get us to #7.
    The aren't taking Cooper (or Warmack) in the first round. You can take that to the bank.

I'd love to see Ben be taken care of. But unlike other teams that go out of their way to protect their franchise QB, Colbert is quit content to not do anything out the norm and atlest solidify one side of the ball for the foreseeable future.

Colbert is the type of guy who only does the missionary position; leaving his wife frustrated and wanting.

Thread Information